Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,237 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

What Is Your Worst /best Boarding School Memory? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is Your Worst /best Boarding School Memory? (857 Views)

UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK / 13 Evils Of Boarding School, Why You Must Raise Your Children From Home / 10 Pictures You Will Relate To If You Ever Schooled In A Boarding School. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Worst /best Boarding School Memory? by stuffsabouttara(f): 6:03pm On Mar 01, 2017
What It Was Like

We had three different wears, pink for Mondays to Fridays (guys wore green), white for Saturdays and cream on blue for Sundays. We really didn't do 'labour', the most we did was wash our wears and cleaned our rooms, the nannies took care of the rest. We could go to the kitchen anytime for a snack, soft drink or fruit whenever we wanted. Prefects had their own bathrooms (I was the headgirl), every other person had to share with two more people. We were only eight per room, four bunks in a room large enough to hold twenty and space still large enough for a small game of football. We had air conditioners and smoke detectors installed in our rooms, 24/7 light, a big plasma TV in each of the common rooms complete with dstv subscription (we watched mostly trace).

Everyday we threw away food because there was always more than enough, Sunday afternoon was especially everyone's favorite meal day - fried rice, chicken and salad- and Oliver Twistisms were encourage, you could always ask for more. Saturdays were our recreation day, normally we were mandated to work out at the gym for 30 minutes three times a week excluding Saturdays. We do whatever we wanted on these days, watch TV, play a sport (basketball, table tennis, judo, football, swimming, board games etcetera)

On Sundays we attended the redeem parish that used our school hall. The members were always extra nice and the pastor's wife treated us to cake every Sunday, they kept giving us freebies. Which reminds me, we hardly used our pocket money because there was just no need, everything we needed (and wanted) was always provided.

The Normal Average Boarding School Life

On the contrary, my sister Sam had a totally different experience, she attended a Federal Government College, do I even need to put in details? The first time we went to see her, we went very early in the morning, apparently too early, because I got the shock (and look) of my life when we drove by the boys hostel and several hundreds of boys were taking their bath- outside! All naked!. When it was time for their breakfast, you just needed to see the crowd of humans running towards the dinning hall, the ground was literally shaking. Sam was always complaining , today her money had been stolen, tomorrow her pinafore white is missing, her locker was broken into and looted clean, she had to go to class without taking her bath because she couldn't get water. Soon Mama cut her hair and adding to her new bony look, she looked like a glorified skeleton.

The Irony Of It All

While my sister stayed three good years in FGC boarding school (and then, the only reason she left was because there was no one in the house again and Mama was feeling lonely), I stayed only a term and half in mine. I got seriously home sick, my parents never came to see me during any of the visiting days and I started spending most of my nights crying more than I was studying.

They tried to make it a home away from home but the truth is, it wasn't. We don't have a pool at home, you will be crucified if you go to the refrigerator and take any thing you like, all my classmates watched was either football or trace TV but I was brought up in cartoons and Africa magic yoruba, fried rice is restricted to like once in 4 months, there was so much annoying chores and the only time I got fruits was when it enters my Mama's head that she is getting too fat. Most of all, I missed my sisters.

This is my boarding school experience. Your turn now, let me know yours, did you go to a boarding school, how was it like for you, what are some of your most memorable experiences /moments?

https://meetmitchell./2017/03/01/did-you-go-to-a-boarding-school/
Re: What Is Your Worst /best Boarding School Memory? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 01, 2017
The best experience I can vividly remember, was fingering our senior prefect for girls, in the school orchard one evening. then I was in Jss3 you can imagine the privilege and the opportunity the girl give me.
Re: What Is Your Worst /best Boarding School Memory? by DammyInforms(m): 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
Unfortunately, I never attended a boarding school. I wish I had though.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst /best Boarding School Memory? by stuffsabouttara(f): 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2017
Apple1992:
The best experience I can vividly remember, was fingering our senior prefect for girls, in the school orchard one evening. then I was in Jss3 you can imagine the privilege and the opportunity the girl give me.
wtf!? You were in js3 I didn't even know there was something called bj till I got to SS2, and even then, I still hadn't gotten kissed.
Re: What Is Your Worst /best Boarding School Memory? by stuffsabouttara(f): 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2017
DammyInforms:
Unfortunately, I never attended a boarding school. I wish I had though.
ehya, maybe your kids will.
Re: What Is Your Worst /best Boarding School Memory? by dauddy97(m): 7:21pm On Mar 01, 2017
I was in boarding school right from my JSS 1 to SSS 3. I was used as a cow during my time in JSS 1 to 2. The suffering ended when i was badged the headboy in JSS 3. Then, the seniors now sees me as an high class guy. Since then, I was always have my water fetched, Wash my plates, Carry by bad to class and most time, I have juniors to wash my clothes for me. My enjoyment stated in JSS 3.

But, what I can never forget while in school was that, I FORKED my babe every night since I got to SS 3.
Just imagine, I was given Hostel/Food prefect in SS3. I have many advantages in the hostel then. remember, I don't fork anyhow, I forked only my girlfriend every night till I passed out.
Re: What Is Your Worst /best Boarding School Memory? by stuffsabouttara(f): 7:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
dauddy97:
I was in boarding school right from my JSS 1 to SSS 3. I was used as a cow during my time in JSS 1 to 2. The suffering ended when i was badged the headboy in JSS 3. Then, the seniors now sees me as an high class guy. Since then, I was always have my water fetched, Wash my plates, Carry by bad to class and most time, I have juniors to wash my clothes for me. My enjoyment stated in JSS 3.

But, what I can never forget while in school was that, I FORKED my babe every night since I got to SS 3.
Just imagine, I was given Hostel/Food prefect in SS3. I have many advantages in the hostel then. remember, I don't fork anyhow, I forked only my girlfriend every night till I passed out. [b]I was in boarding school right from my JSS 1 to SSS 3. I was used as a cow during my time in JSS 1 to 2. The suffering ended when i was badged the headboy in JSS 3. Then, the seniors now sees me as an high class guy. Since then, I was always have my water fetched, Wash my plates, Carry by bad to class and most time, I have juniors to wash my clothes for me. My enjoyment stated in JSS 3.

But, what I can never forget while in school was that, I [b]FORKED[\b] my babe every night since I got to SS 3.
Just imagine, I was given Hostel/Food prefect in SS3. I have many advantages in the hostel then. remember, I don't fork anyhow, I forked only my girlfriend every night till I passed out. [/b]I was in boarding school right from my JSS 1 to SSS 3. I was used as a cow during my time in JSS 1 to 2. The suffering ended when i was badged the headboy in JSS 3. Then, the seniors now sees me as an high class guy. Since then, I was always have my water fetched, Wash my plates, Carry by bad to class and most time, I have juniors to wash my clothes for me. My enjoyment stated in JSS 3.

But, what I can never forget while in school was that, I [b]FORKED[\b] my babe every night since I got to SS 3.
Just imagine, I was given Hostel/Food prefect in SS3. I have many advantages in the hostel then. remember, I don't fork anyhow, I forked only my girlfriend every night till I passed out.
How old df were you!?
Re: What Is Your Worst /best Boarding School Memory? by dauddy97(m): 7:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
stuffsabouttara:
How old df were you!?
started my secondary education at 12 and ended 18. any p
Re: What Is Your Worst /best Boarding School Memory? by stuffsabouttara(f): 7:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
dauddy97:
started my secondary education at 12 and ended 18. any p
omg, you were already doing the deed in secondary school!? Rotfl
Re: What Is Your Worst /best Boarding School Memory? by dauddy97(m): 8:19pm On Mar 01, 2017
stuffsabouttara:
omg, you were already doing the deed in secondary school!? Rotfl
funny you.
So, u no get any bad record for school ba.
u must be probed.
Re: What Is Your Worst /best Boarding School Memory? by stuffsabouttara(f): 9:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
dauddy97:
funny you.
So, u no get any bad record for school ba.
u must be probed.
lol. I was the typical su, nerdy and unpopular and virgin Mary.

(1) (Reply)

/ UK/Canada University Delegates Visit (UKEAS Ibadan) Office / A Poor Man Does Not Deserve Any Single Respect'' - Nigeria Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.