Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,912 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal (22116 Views)

Peace Corps Of Nigeria Thread / Peace Corps Of Nigeria Training Camp / N-power Or Peace Corps Of Nigeria Job Which Would You Go For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by webincomeplus(m): 8:17am On Mar 02, 2017
Was it ever legal?

1 Like

Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by yoged(m): 8:19am On Mar 02, 2017
pweshboi:
The truth is the acquisition of weapons without being backed by the law of the country to operate yet is a threat to the national security in a way... The arrest of the commandant of peace Corp isn't a bad thing I must say. I can equally decide to start training people in a military style and have like up to 3million people I've trained "military style" and I now tell the federal government to pass it into law that the people I've trained should be employed. While waiting for the approval I start to acquire ammunitions. That's illegal let's call a spade a spade and not always be sentimental in this country.
peace Corps don't carry arms. Do your findings very well.. .. The mistake they made , they Should have take a pill chill until president pass the bills
Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by Nukualofa: 8:27am On Mar 02, 2017
PRINCEWAHAB88:
Its not ilegal, the senate nd house of representative have already pass d bill only waiting for mr. President to append his signature.

We should also not forget that this was exactly wat transpired during d creation of NSCDC.
Just shut up.

I'm forwarding a strong worded letter to DSS on how Dickson Akor scammed us in 2002 in Anambra by making us pay through our nose for fake job.

Peace Corp should be scrapped as an NGO and their officials prosecuted

1 Like

Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by pweshboi(m): 8:30am On Mar 02, 2017
yoged:
peace Corps don't carry arms. Do your findings very well.. .. The mistake they made , they Should have take a pill chill until president pass the bills
That's what I'm saying... One of the reasons they were arrested was because theyve already purchased arms... Read the story very well too

1 Like

Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by jbcul4ril(m): 8:44am On Mar 02, 2017
Any bill the president is yet to consent is not yet a law unless otherwise the NASS override the president consent due to delay in signing.
They should be a little patient
Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by biyams83(m): 8:44am On Mar 02, 2017
R3B3L:
About damn time. I'll b in town and c strange uniforms of so called peace corps already acting out paramilitary functions at strategic locations. Bill is yet to be assented to the president so why no chill from dem. Strongly support this move by other forces to shut dem down for now at least. They were unlawful in their activities.
People like you will never progress in life nonsense
Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by Alexk2(m): 8:45am On Mar 02, 2017
They should not only clamp down on peace corps alone....let them go after all other similar paramilitary parading themselves up an down seeking recognition from the government. Infact, those legislators should be investigated; they must explain why the bill get to this stage when we all know it's all an unecessary problem we don't need.
We only need to strengthen our institutions which include the police, military and paramilitaries...talking about employment, the human capacity of our forces are way capacity that we can always recruit more and give job to aspiring youths without necessarily creating another lame paramilitia groups

1 Like

Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by tunde300us(m): 8:54am On Mar 02, 2017
I saw this coming, let everyone who has paid for a fake training or recruitment just dont waste their time, cos this country is trying to cut personnel spending and one peace corps say im get organisation for sell and the FG should come and pay and continue to fund it.
Even the oda para military org are complaining of funds u now want this govt to carry anoda un necessary burden. NONSENSE

2 Likes

Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by maasoap(m): 8:56am On Mar 02, 2017
MAXIMAL123:
Where did they get the guns they were using
They bought it or what?
And if they bought it, where? And from who? And how did they smuggled it in?
Infact alots of questions needs to be asked
Do they really have guns in their possession?
Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by oyeb15: 8:57am On Mar 02, 2017
Infact , many training camps were opened all over the country and applicants paid 50k plus to b shortlisted. Through out d one month camp, they fed themselves. Many became lean as a result of d exercise & starvation. The organizers made so much money from these & people are still obtaining #15000 form with like 40k settlement money. If this happened to b illegal, what is d police doing since? Cos its illegality implies it as a scam greater than mmm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by thunderbabs: 8:57am On Mar 02, 2017
Singing.....

E dey ask me oooo, na who i go asssskkkkkk,
d matter wey u see sooooooooo oooooooo,
e heavy for mouth

OP dey assskk meeeeee
Na who i go ask

(Drumbeats) Dan dan dan dan

If buhari comes back, ask am u hear, OP u hear
Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by leisuretym: 8:57am On Mar 02, 2017
what we need is Agric Corps, buy them tractors and send them to farms, and not arms, they are lazy graduates, lazy youth, you are not the only one who graduated without job, help yourself, learn a skill and move on, those who have done that are living fine now, stop waiting for the government to give you job of 40k per month, even Akara sellers are making more than that, dont be useless! learn a skill

1 Like

Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by LordOfNaira: 9:07am On Mar 02, 2017
PRINCEWAHAB88:
Its not ilegal, the senate nd house of representative have already pass d bill only waiting for mr. President to append his signature.

We should also not forget that this was exactly wat transpired during d creation of NSCDC.

You said it is not illegal and yet say the president has not appended his signature. Since the president has not appended his signature, then it is still a bill (a proposal) and not a law. It means the Peace Corps of Nigeria is illegal.

2 Likes

Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by Kennitrust(m): 9:23am On Mar 02, 2017
But what's the function of this guys
Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by Kakamorufu(m): 9:23am On Mar 02, 2017
thank God I didn't pay any 40k
Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by R3B3L(m): 11:29am On Mar 02, 2017
biyams83:
People like you will never progress in life nonsense
hahahahaha. Na me chop ur 40k?.... why u come dey beef me. Agbaya...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by Evarock(f): 1:34pm On Mar 02, 2017
I went to d camp no time we were trained with guns didn't even see one gun and police has never wanted peace corps to exist if peace corps will employ the unemployed Nigerians why fight it?

1 Like

Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 02, 2017
pweshboi:
The truth is the acquisition of weapons without being backed by the law of the country to operate yet is a threat to the national security in a way... The arrest of the commandant of peace Corp isn't a bad thing I must say. I can equally decide to start training people in a military style and have like up to 3million people I've trained "military style" and I now tell the federal government to pass it into law that the people I've trained should be employed. While waiting for the approval I start to acquire ammunitions. That's illegal let's call a spade a spade and not always be sentimental in this country.
One thing I hate is hypocrisy, so ,our police can act based on intelligence gathered.my question is,where is tampolo?where is Mr shakau?where is the other militant in Benue called Ghana?
Why it is that anytime a new paramilitary is about to be establish,police will become jittery?
is this not how they fought civil defence?
This fools are incompetent that is why they want any force that will come and outshine them.
On the allegations of acquisition of firearms,did the police produced any evidence?
Police are afraid that with coming on board by the corps,the fg may lost interest in them their leaving their already stagnant salaries comatose.

The police have been terrorising this man since David mark days in the senate.

don't trust the police.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 02, 2017
abnsugbe:
This is internal battle...watched it on TV..... Simply invite the man instead of arresting him...
A robber has never been treated such...i tire for Nigeria Police.
You think that approach is too much considering the allegation against them?Who gave them them right to do such things ?How can they be treated with respect if they don't respect the country.If things like this are not tackled with every available means that's how things become difficult in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by mide8e(m): 9:32pm On Mar 02, 2017
This is jealousy
Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by uboma(m): 5:45am On Mar 03, 2017
mide8e:
This is jealousy

Why do you conclude so?

Was the Peace Corps at any point since its registration and operations made legal by the govt of the country?
Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by Ojonetesy: 8:41am On Mar 03, 2017
ALL THESE COMMENTS CAN NEVER STOP THE PRESIDENCY FROM SIGNING THE PEACE CORP BILL.
SO, YOU GUYS SHOULD SIMMER YOUR TEMPER.
ACCORDING TO SOMEONE IN GOVERNMENT, THAT THE PRESIDENCY, SENATES, AND LEGISLATIVES,EVEN JUDICIARIES ALL HAD PRESENTED THEIR CANDIDATES AND HAVE PAYED FOR THE TRAININGS AND UNIFORMS ,ETC BECAUSE IT'S STILL AN NGO, SO WE DON'T EXPECT THE COMMANDANT TO USE HIS POCKET MONEY FOR ALL THAT..
WHAT THE POLICE IS DOING IS JUST ENVY, THEY DID THAT TO OTHER PARA-MILITARIES BEFORE.
PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT SO MANY SECURITY OUTFITS SHOULD PLEASE BRACE UP AND TRAVEL ABROAD FOR ONCE AND SEE THINGS FOR THEMSELVES, I BELIEVE NIGERIA IS ONE OF THE FEW COUNTRIES THAT DON'T HAVE MANY SECURITY OUTFITS, WHICH IS NOT OKAY FOR A LARGE COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA.
NIGERIA IS RICHER THAN SOME COUNTRIES WHO HAS MANY SECURITY OUTFIT. IT JUST THE LOOTING HABIT OF NIGERIANS THAT IS AFFECTING IT'S FINANCIAL POWER,BUT WITH TSA I KNOW EVERYTHING IS COMING TO SHAPE.
NIGERIA IS UNDER DEVELOP because IT DOES NOT PRACTICE WHAT DEVELOP COUNTRIES ARE DOING.
ACCORDING TO SEN.ETTA ENANG THE PRESIDENTIAL ADVISER ON NATIONAL ASSEMBLY MATTERS, HE SAID THE ONLY THING DELAYING THE SIGNING OF PEACE CORPS BILL BY EITHER THE PRESIDENT OR THE V.P IS THAT THE BILL HAS NOT YET BEEN BROUGHT TO THE TABLE OF THE PRESIDENT BY THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY CLERK, FOR THE V.P HAS SIGNED 7 BILLS INTO LAW SINCE HE TOOK OVER FROM BUHARI.
MY ADVICE TO THE SELFISH POLICE WHO ARE CRAVING AND ASKING FOR INCREMENT OF SALARIES INSTEAD OF THE CREATION OF JOBS FOR THE UNEMPLOYED YOUTHS, SHOULD SHEATH THEIR SWORD,BECAUSE NOBODY IS FEEDING ANYBODY.
THE PRISONS ARE FILLED WITH YOUTHS WHO HAVE BECOME LAWLESS BECAUSE OF NO JOB, AND SOME HAVE NO MONEY TO START UP A BUSINESS, AND SOME THAT ARE INTO BUSINESS ARE NOT HAVING GOOD RETURNS, AS SUCH TOOK TO ARM ROBBERY.
YOU SEE JUNGLE JUSTICES EVERY WHERE. THE LEVEL OF UNEMPLOYED YOUTHS IS HIGH BECAUSE NO MASS RECRUITMENT HAS TAKEN PLACE SINCE APC TOOK OVER POWER.
NOW THAT THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO DO SOMETHING, THE ADVERSARIES ARE ATTACKING THEM, JUST BECAUSE GOD HAS GIVEN SUCH PERSON JOB TO DO.
A PERSON WITH A CONSCIENCE WHO HAS A JOB WILL FEEL FOR HIS NEIGHBOUR WHO IS JOBLESS, AND PRAY FOR THE NEIGHBOUR TO GET JOB.
YOU THAT IS AGAINST THE PEACE CORPS PEOPLE, EVEN IF THE PRESIDENT DO NOT SIGN THE BILL(which he will) THE MONEY WILL STILL NOT BE GIVEN TO YOU, RATHER, THEY WILL STILL PILE IT UP IN SOAK-AWAYS, GP TANKS, HOME VOLT AND FARM LANDS AS USUAL.
IF YOU DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR THE UNEMPLOYED YOUTHS AND PREFER THEM TO BE BEGGING YOU FOR MONEY EVERY NOW AND THEN(Which i know you don't give) THEN WAIT LET KARMA AND NEMESIS MADE YOU LOOSE YOUR JOB, THEN ONLY THEN, YOU WILL KNOW WHAT SUCH PEOPLE ARE PASSING THROUGH.
I KNOW HOW MANY UNEMPLOYED YOUTHS I HAVE HELP SECURED JOBS, AND HOW MANY I'M TAKING CARE OF.
IF APC DO NOT CREATE JOBS, IT IS IN THIS SAME PLATFORM THAT WE WILL COME AND BE CONDENMING THEM,THAT THEY HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS.
WHICH WAY NIGERIANS.............
SO, LET's PRAY FOR GOD's WILL TO BE DONE IN NIGERIA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by Ojonetesy: 9:03am On Mar 03, 2017
Mekwen:
You think that approach is too much considering the allegation against them?Who gave them them right to do such things ?How can they be treated with respect if they don't respect the country.If things like this are not tackled with every available means that's how things become difficult in Naija.

Is the allegation true......?
Have you ever seen them with guns?
Why can't the police show us the guns after raiding their offices.
They're only showing us picture potraits.
Is the camping training ground secret?
Has ICPC and EFCC not cleared them of the monetary levy since 1999?
People have been paying #40,000 for the past 19 years for trainings, camp kits, khakhi, etc.
This is an NGO, you don't expect the man to use his personal money to sew you uniform and train you.
What of people that are paying as from #250,000 and above, just to get Civil defence job, police jobs, navy, airforce, even fed gov't ministries and agencies jobs.
Police is known for false allegations from time immemorial, that's why so many innocent people are in their custody for no reasons and they won't charge them to court, they'll just be there. If it's a lady, they will lock her up and just be using her anyhow and no one dares say anything.
I don't take police accusations seriously, because they're not known for truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by trendingsleek: 11:02am On Mar 03, 2017
it is not legal yet they left them there since, or didnt they hear about this group of persons?
medicine after death. thank God i dont involve myself in jobs like this.
Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by mide8e(m): 7:38am On Mar 04, 2017
Light at the end of the tunnel
Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by Bpfems(m): 10:13am On May 24, 2017
Nigeria Peace Corp where art thou.

Please anyone with the latest info?
Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by frizu(m): 12:47pm On May 24, 2017
where and where did u guys see them carrying gun?
Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by Codedmd: 2:57pm On Aug 10, 2017
Dis peace corps of a thing is a scam, imagine dem asking der applicants to bring #3,500 to collect appointment letter of which d president av not put his ascent to it. I I'm just wondering. This ppl just dey use style style to dey extort money from us. Na God go punish all of dem
Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by merit1988(f): 3:23pm On Aug 10, 2017
Codedmd:
Dis peace corps of a thing is a scam, imagine dem asking der applicants to bring #3,500 to collect appointment letter of which d president av not put his ascent to it. I I'm just wondering. This ppl just dey use style style to dey extort money from us. Na God go punish all of dem
dem force u make u pay? Abeg leave wetin dem draw for the body of motor, enter motor.....
Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by anthney87: 10:39am On Aug 11, 2017
At times I wonder the level of stupidity we have as Nigerians.
Pipo just cry more than the bereaved. this of us who has bought the form are not complaining but the public who did not buy are crying more than us.

we are peace men and will always maintain peace.

we have just few months to go to become fully legal.

the lord is our strength.

2 Likes

Re: Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal by merit1988(f): 3:51pm On Aug 11, 2017
anthney87:
At times I wonder the level of stupidity we have as Nigerians.
Pipo just cry more than the bereaved. this of us who has bought the form are not complaining but the public who did not buy are crying more than us.

we are peace men and will always maintain peace.

we have just few months to go to become fully legal.

the lord is our strength.

AMEN

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? / What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question / Why Is Npower 2017 List Of Successful Applicants Still Not Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.