Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

How To Spot A Fake Or Genuine Samsung Galaxy Phone. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Spot A Fake Or Genuine Samsung Galaxy Phone. (2300 Views)

6 Ways To Detect A Fake Phone / How To Identify A Fake Or Original Tecno Phone And Battery / How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Spot A Fake Or Genuine Samsung Galaxy Phone. by peculyachi(f): 10:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
Hi! evening to all in the house.....
So I've been looking to buy a new phone, Samsung galaxy A5 2016 to be precise,.. but then after my research on the phone, I realized that there is an influx of cloned Samsung phones in the market...and nothing scares me more than buying a cloned Samsung phone. ... I have been a victim of fake phones once...can't afford to loose again.
please, I'll need phone geeks, phone engineers e.t c in the house to give me tips on how to spot a fake and genuine Samsung galaxy A5 2016....
tips that I can actually apply before buying the phone.
nt the types that required one to download an app first, cos derz no way I can download the app before buying.

Mods please help a sister, move to front page...I need truckloads of advice
Re: How To Spot A Fake Or Genuine Samsung Galaxy Phone. by Nastydroid(m): 11:07pm On Mar 01, 2017
the screen display and camera quality is enough to spot a clone Samsung galaxy A5

2 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Or Genuine Samsung Galaxy Phone. by peculyachi(f): 11:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
[quote author=Nastydroid post=54186323]the screen display and camera quality is enough to spot a clone Samsung galaxy A5[/quote

but how do I know? I have no genuine A5 to compare it with.
Re: How To Spot A Fake Or Genuine Samsung Galaxy Phone. by Nastydroid(m): 11:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
peculyachi:
dial *#0*# on the phone

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake Or Genuine Samsung Galaxy Phone. by peculyachi(f): 11:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
Nastydroid:
dial *#0*# on the phone

so if I do this, what's to be my expectation? what will I see, that will enable me identify its authenticity?
Re: How To Spot A Fake Or Genuine Samsung Galaxy Phone. by Nastydroid(m): 11:24pm On Mar 01, 2017
peculyachi:

so if I do this, what's to be my expectation? what will I see, that will enable me identify its authenticity?
it seems like it only works on samsung device ,an interface will pop up to test the basic features.just buy from a reputable store around you
Re: How To Spot A Fake Or Genuine Samsung Galaxy Phone. by princemillla(m): 8:50am On Mar 02, 2017
Simple dial *#06# and count the imei number if it's 16 good to go, but less than or more than run for ur money
Re: How To Spot A Fake Or Genuine Samsung Galaxy Phone. by towncheerup(m): 9:31am On Mar 02, 2017
Download an app on play store known as genuine galaxy or copy the imei and paste them into imei checker website it will tell you information about the phone model manufacturer etc

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake Or Genuine Samsung Galaxy Phone. by CellTabRepairs: 9:35am On Mar 02, 2017
Dial *#0*# for Samsung test and also particularly
Dial *#1234# to see phone model version identifiers AP, CP, CSC

Copies won't show...

**Click My Name & View That Resource You Need!**
Don't wait in perpetuity for job invitations after applying! March is here already today! The thief you harbour is PROCRASTINATION! Therefore don't wait until the whole year runs out!

Great dreamers don't stay idle at home. They take steps!

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake Or Genuine Samsung Galaxy Phone. by brandon180(m): 12:34pm On Mar 02, 2017
but like seriously this chinese guys manufacturing replicas are getting smart, infact d clones sef are prettier than d original phones...making hard for people to differentiate...

(1) (Reply)

Perhaps This Is Samsung Design For The Upcoming Galaxy Note 11 / Is Glo The Worst Network In Nigeria? / I Made A Mistake On Zipcode On Aliexpress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.