Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,176 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Students Of Futminna Cry Out!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Of Futminna Cry Out!!! (773 Views)

Students Of FUTMINNA Run For Their Life As Police Shoot Tear Gas (video) / Futminna Announces Screening Details For 2017/2018 Admission Exercise / Female Students Of Ekiti University Recreate Korean School Mode Of Dressing.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students Of Futminna Cry Out!!! by ssonn: 11:47pm On Mar 01, 2017
It all started on the 15th of February 2017 after the death of a 300lvl student, for which the clinic staffs on duty that night were faulted for the unfortunate incidence this led to a riot in the school as some students took the laws into their hands by setting the school clinic ablaze and other structures vandalized.
This led to the immediate discharge of students from the school premises and hostel for two weeks as it was earlier rumored but after series of meetings by the management 18th of march 2017 was set as the resumption date for which all students of the university excluding school of agric 400lvl, and ITE Dept 400lvl etc. are asked to pay the sum of 4,950 for the damages caused this money is too much we ask that the government looked into this matter.
Let's do a little mathematics here.
I take just on department as a sample space.
They asked us to 4950 for damages

4950*130 approximately students = 643500

643500*6 departments in sch of environmental= 3,861000
3,861000*5 levels (100_500) = 19,305,000
that's 19.3million.
NOTE: THIS IS ONLY SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL.
what of SPS, SICT, SAAT, SEET etc.
if let's take for example we have 6,000 students in the whole school. for which I know the total number might be more than that.
4,950X6,000= #29,700,000.00
Please what and what did they destroy
Did dey destroy destinies!!!

A SLAP ON UNIONISM
Greatest Nigerian Students
I received this afternoon with a great dismay the latest SUG PRESS RELEASE urging students to keen into the payment of the damages spelt out by the School or risk condonation .
It is so appalling that the so-called Unionist whom we asked them to fight on our behalf are not meeting up with their responsibility rather they are dancing to the tune of the School Management.

I thought this administration will make a difference but to my greatest dismay they are tolling the line of their predecessors, they should be able to differentiate between our rights and privileges and shouldn't make it seems they or the School Management are doing us any good.
We pay Caution Deposit
We pay development fee
We pay Maintenance fee
We pay for Insurance
Year in Year out
And now we to pay for damages again and the Union feel your Five Man Students representative Committee and fight for the effective utilization of the money Students are to pay,
Students representatives who can't fight when they have the crowd with them ,Is it when they sit down at the comfort of a banquet Hall that they will fight for our right,When we surely know that courtesy demands that when you are eating you don't talk.
Not acting as if I don't know the challenges that is in the Union, am fully aware of the eating and drinking that is going at the student affairs division but at the same time you must not accept any that comes from the Management just like that, because we are not Zombies and neither are we in the barracks where we obey the last order.

Conclusively, the Students Union can still do something 4th of March is about 240 hours to commencement of the payment ,you can stand your ground that unless the school give account of how the above list fees which are being deducted from students' School fees annually then we wouldn't another one.
You should also withdraw the press statement as a matter of necessity and urgency .BECAUSE IT IS A SLAP ON UNIONISM.
LET THIS GO VIRAL TILL THE GOVERNMENT COME TO OUR AID AND LET OUR VOICE BE HEARD THROUGH OUT NIGERIA.
HASHTAG #savefutminna on all platforms.
say whats on your mind.
Please REBROADCAST !
Re: Students Of Futminna Cry Out!!! by Davedgr8(m): 3:54am On Mar 02, 2017
shocked shocked shocked

Re: Students Of Futminna Cry Out!!! by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:18am On Mar 02, 2017
Nonsense....when u are destroying school properties,what did u expect? u want the school to fry rice for u? students nowadays cannot express their displeasures peacefully without vandalizing school's properties.they even charged u guys poorly go ask unec students wetin they do them.if were the skul authorities,i would have charged u guys 20k each...go pay ur money and stop disturbing our peace..ur children go still use those structures u destroyed,then u would be blaming govt.for lack of infrastructures
Re: Students Of Futminna Cry Out!!! by ssonn: 9:11am On Mar 02, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
Nonsense....when u are destroying school properties,what did u expect? u want the school to fry rice for u? students nowadays cannot express their displeasures peacefully without vandalizing school's properties.they even charged u guys poorly go ask unec students wetin they do them.if were the skul authorities,i would have charged u guys 20k each...go pay ur money and stop disturbing our peace..ur children go still use those structures u destroyed,then u would be blaming govt.for lack of infrastructures
I have nothing to say your name has said it all.
didn't you read that they have been paying damage fee year in year out even when no damage is caused?
so now these students think that money should be used at a time like this.
Re: Students Of Futminna Cry Out!!! by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:54am On Mar 02, 2017
ssonn:

I have nothing to say your name has said it all.
didn't you read that they have been paying damage fee year in year out even when no damage is caused?
so now these students think that money should be used at a time like this.
U are the one confusing ur self.go back and read ur post again this time with concentration.condemn what is evil...go and face the repercussions of una action and stop soliciting for poor sympathies
Re: Students Of Futminna Cry Out!!! by wealthyoptimist(m): 2:01pm On Sep 11, 2018
na so dis topic take end?

(1) (Reply)

OAU 2016/2017 1st Semester Resumption Date Announced / How safe is e-cigarettes and other vaping devices / Pen-pal Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.