Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. (5874 Views)

How Tertiary Institutions Should Respond To Legitimate Grievances / University Of Ibadan To Adopt Alternative Funding And Reduce Dependency On FG / Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by Olusharp(m): 6:25am On Mar 02, 2017
The Federal Government through the Minister Of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, represented by the Director of Tertiary Education, Hajiya Fatima Ahmad had urged public Institutions to seek alternative funding due to the recession, he also adviced institution to increase the level Information Communication Technology, as the World had move from a normal class to a Digital class. He said, "Resource constraint is a challenge we are facing. However, the reality for now is the effective and efficient management of all resources available –human, material or financial. I would also want to urge you to come up with a framework for funding tertiary education to augment the statutory sources which are not adequate. This is critical because education, as we all know, is a critical nexus in the development process. “With the present drive for global comparability and harmonisation of tertiary education qualifications, ICT deployment is a must feature in our educational institutions. The current deployment is low and most education officials lack ICT skills. “There is also a shortage of ICT personnel across the nation. Issues of broadband and power outages are constraining factors that government is trying to address. However, we must look out for alternative support because government cannot do it alone.” The issue of alternative funding was also stressed by the Senate President who was represented by the Chairman, Senate Committee on Education and Tertiary Education Trust Fund, Jibrin Bala, who pledged the support of the Senate to making laws to further assist the education sector.

source: www.trendsng.com/2017/03/federal-universities-should-seek.html?m=1
Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 02, 2017
Chaiii, I made FTC .

All thanks be to you Sunday for helping charge my phone meanwhile God punish all this PHCN or whatever they call em for denying me my right to Constant and reliable Electricity. I dedicate this FTC to my Chicks/lolo .

Seun... When una go credit my account, I thought you guys pay for the FTC position
Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by dabwan123(m): 7:40am On Mar 02, 2017
Ok
Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by obembet(f): 7:40am On Mar 02, 2017
Increase the school fee

Handout
Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by gbaskiboy: 7:40am On Mar 02, 2017
Calamity gofment

3 Likes

Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by Rilwayne001: 7:41am On Mar 02, 2017
Disastrous government

6 Likes

Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by babyfaceafrica: 7:41am On Mar 02, 2017
Like selling handouts abi and asking students for money to get good marks?..well some are doing it sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by Grafixnuel(m): 7:42am On Mar 02, 2017
cheesy
Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 02, 2017
SMH for new intakes

Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by DarkRider: 7:42am On Mar 02, 2017
H
Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by adioolayi(m): 7:43am On Mar 02, 2017
And put the alternative funding in TSA
You will see lot of programs, Diploma, Predegree, A-Levels, IJMB and all sort, springing in all institutions with no plans to accommodate their graduate into mainstream degree programs grin

Alternative where sef
Also, all sort of fees (Acceptance fee, Development levy, maintenance levy, Laboratory fee, Internet fee, Library fee, Lawn fee, defecating and Urinating fees) in school fees which will skyrocket!
God help us

1 Like

Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by TARABA911(m): 7:43am On Mar 02, 2017
I see Buhari performing better than o.cbanjo
Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by ellechrystal(f): 7:43am On Mar 02, 2017
This is the real End time Govt! This will result in outrageous school fees and more illiteracy in the country, cos people won't be able to pay what the schools will demand.
The country is in recession, citizens can't even feed well, some of them have 3 to four kids in tertiary institutions, and now this??
Trust me, this govt does not like the citizens, they are the true enemy of Nigeria,
An Enemy is he who tries to make Education difficult for you!

Imagine him saying the world is going digital?
Other countries and struggling for free education, but not in Nigeria.. THE GOVT IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR SHORT CUT, INSTEAD OF CRACKING THEIR BRAINS.
Oh the universities should get digital, while the govt remains analog with silly greedy men in charge.

3 Likes

Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by dgr8truth(m): 7:44am On Mar 02, 2017
Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by frinx: 7:44am On Mar 02, 2017
They should stress also that said "alternative funding" should not come from her students. undecided

1 Like

Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by ednut1(m): 7:45am On Mar 02, 2017
Like i once said. What happened to public secondary schools will soon happen to public universities. Yeye nation.

3 Likes

Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by Adesiji77: 7:45am On Mar 02, 2017
cool
Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by castrokins(m): 7:45am On Mar 02, 2017
And Exactly What Would Now Be Government's Responsibility When The Citizenry Does Everything?

2 Likes

Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by Flexherbal(m): 7:46am On Mar 02, 2017
Alternative funding for everything.
That is why things are falling apart.
Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:48am On Mar 02, 2017
Very nice idea
The sponsors of Martina dance hall, BBN and other associated useless events like beauty pageants can be contacted.
We need to work b4 flexing

2 Likes

Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by KingGeorgey(m): 8:00am On Mar 02, 2017
I sense a long strike ahead.... Brace Yourselves angry
Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by refreshrate: 8:07am On Mar 02, 2017
Tertiary institutions to seek alternate funding
National stadia handed over to states
...OK o please based on this new pattern can someone please tell me why exactly we still need FG in this country?
Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by oloyede252(m): 8:15am On Mar 02, 2017
ellechrystal:
This is the real End time Govt! This will result in outrageous school fees and more illiteracy in the country, cos people won't be able to pay what the schools will demand.
The country is in recession, citizens can't even feed well, some of them have 3 to four kids in tertiary institutions, and now this??
Trust me, this govt does not like the citizens, they are the true enemy of Nigeria,
An Enemy is he who tries to make Education difficult for you!

Imagine him saying the world is going digital?
Other countries and struggling for free education, but not in Nigeria.. THE GOVT IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR SHORT CUT, INSTEAD OF CRACKING THEIR BRAINS.
Oh the universities should get digital, while the govt remains analog with silly greedy men in charge.
I seriously don't know how you guys reason. recession is hitting the economy hard, the govt won't be able to adequately finance tertiary inst so the best bet for them is to advice schools to come up with alternative source of funding, not to replace govt allocation but to supplement their funding.
so going digital is short cut?you Okay. the ratio of lectures to students is 1:200 on average. so learning will be more effective if digital media is introduced in all classes... this 21st century we should have moved from the traditional teacher and learner to a 3 way learning which includes media but people like you are taking up back.
so madame think deeply before you post something's online.

2 Likes

Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by toocoded: 8:15am On Mar 02, 2017
refreshrate:
Tertiary institutions to seek alternate funding
National stadia handed over to states
...OK o please based on this new pattern can someone please tell me why exactly we still need FG in this country?

cheesy
Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by xdos(m): 8:16am On Mar 02, 2017
I do not agree with this. Why are they public institutions then? Now this will leave the students at the mercy of their lecturers/School management. I have someone currently running MSc. program at UNEC. Every week she comes back home with one particular demand or the other from their HOD/lecturers.
First few weeks after she gained admission into UNEC, they were mandated to change the windows in their class and also made to buy Air Conditioners and a Projector.
To maintain a cordial relationship with their lecturers, they are mandated to attend individual events like burials organized by their lecturer.
During presentations, they'll have to cook for the lecturers. Infact at one time, the HOD demanded that the students buy fowls and split each fowl into just four parts for them.
Also another demand currently on is that since their MSc session has spilled into another year, they'll have to pay another school fee.
The lecturers treat their students like they are doing them a favour. Since her admission, I have spent much more than I paid for school fee.
One lecturer even told the students, 'you know UNN have wahala and you people still came to school here. No one asked you or begged you to come so you'll have to endure and cooperate with the wahala'... Imagine that.
Now they have been told officially to seek alternative means of funding, the school would frustrate the students much more.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by dee02(m): 8:24am On Mar 02, 2017
Absolutely imperative...... Alternative funding for our tertiary institutions is the way to go!
Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by riczy(m): 8:55am On Mar 02, 2017
castrokins:
And Exactly What Would Now Be Government's Responsibility When The Citizenry Does Everything?
loot n purchase property abroad
Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 02, 2017
Flexherbal:
Alternative funding for everything.
That is why things are falling apart.
No sir, this is partial privatisation. Alternative funding can come in form of research grants, sports, products manufacturing and products improvement to companies. plenty other ways to.
Re: Tertiary Institutions Should Seek Alternative Funding- FG. by RandomVic(m): 9:04am On Mar 02, 2017
[quote author=adioolayi post=54190981]And put the alternative funding in TSA
You will see lot of programs, Diploma, Predegree, A-Levels, IJMB and all sort, springing in all institutions with no plans to accommodate their graduate into mainstream degree programs grin

Alternative where sef
Also, all sort of fees (Acceptance fee, Development levy, maintenance levy, Laboratory fee, Internet fee, Library fee, Lawn fee, defecating and Urinating fees) in school fees which will skyrocket!

At the bolded -
You're so correct. School fee and all other fees will soon go off the roof!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Knows This Guy On Youtube? I Have Questions [photo] / Adeyemi College Of Education( Affiliated To OAU)2016/2017 Direct Entry / Neco 2016 Biology Practical Specimen-cockroach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.