Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

"Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party (14740 Views)

2019: How APC Would Hurt PDP – Makarfi / Supreme Court Strikes Out Sheriff's Motion, Rules In Favour Of Makarfi's Faction / Sheriff To Tackle INEC, Makarfi In Court Over ‘advanced PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by amzee(m): 7:36am On Mar 02, 2017
The crisis rocking the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has taken a new twist as some top members of the Senator Ahmed Makarfi faction are said to have applied to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to register an alternative platform.

Our correspondent gathered that if all goes well, the new political party would be known as the Advanced Peoples Democratic Party (APDP).

Investigation revealed that the aggrieved PDP members approached the commission with an application shortly after the judgment of the Port Harcourt High Court which sacked the Makarfi led caretaker committee in favour of Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff’s faction of the party.

At present, INEC has no fewer than 50 applications from various interest groups seeking to be registered as political parties.

It was, however, gathered that INEC was not disposed to the registration of the APDP in order not to throw up a fresh political scandal that would taint the image of the commission.

A top official of the PDP who confided in Daily Trust yesterday said that INEC initially resisted the move to register the new party by arguing that it would be wrong for the commission to register a party with similar name with the PDP.

The source, who would not want his name in print, said the commission later accepted the application for the new party last week to commence the process of registration.

“We are making alternative efforts to register a new political party ahead of the 2019 elections. Initially, INEC was trying to dismiss it on the ground that the new name had PDP in it but we pointed out to them that our party is different in that it has ‘Advanced’ added to the PDP, which is not the same as PDP.

“We have started the process; at least the application is with them. That is the first phase, and they have not contacted us for the second phase, which is the payment of the requisite N1 million and fill their form,” the source said.

Contacted, the Chief Press Secretary to the Chairman of INEC, Mr Rotimi Oyekanmi, said that he was not aware of the application to register the new party.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/crisis-makarfi-faction-seeks-registration-of-advanced-pdp/187541.html#OXRqS180MwYoZimw.99

4 Likes

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by eezeribe(m): 7:39am On Mar 02, 2017
Another set of old politicians trying to recycle themselves under a new brand. The same way APC recycled itself from PDP and other smaller parties...
And their gullible followers will still buy their Agenda.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by Serendip: 7:53am On Mar 02, 2017
I laugh in pidgin grin grin

One of our major problems is POLITICS WITH NO IDEOLOGY. All or most of our parties or major oppositions have always been parties of DISGRUNTLED SOULS. This will never take us anywhere. Which way naija?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by Agimor(m): 8:12am On Mar 02, 2017
So PDP can not put their house in order. I wonder how they would be able to do, if they had find themselves in these kind of economic quagmire.

3 Likes

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by yemmight(m): 8:15am On Mar 02, 2017
Advanced PDP. I have never seen any party who is so confused like these people.

6 Likes

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by princemillla(m): 8:18am On Mar 02, 2017
It's OVER for pdp

Lobatan is wen its finish pata pata....

3 Likes

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by jfking2005(m): 8:24am On Mar 02, 2017
Agimor:
So PDP can not put their house in order. I wonder how they would be able to do, if they had find themselves in these kind of economic quagmire.

what joined the party together has been our common wealth before( they no longer have access to this then everybody find their way)
Quote me anywhere i will be very much available to proof my point...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by miqos02(m): 9:43am On Mar 02, 2017
ok
Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by brunofarad(m): 9:43am On Mar 02, 2017
grin
Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by martineverest(m): 9:44am On Mar 02, 2017
u mean the current one is substandard pdp?...smh

6 Likes

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by Zabilon007(m): 9:44am On Mar 02, 2017
No be only advanced....Na 2nd edition

13 Likes

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 02, 2017
Lol Advanced grin
Orishirishi

1 Like

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by Misterdhee1(m): 9:46am On Mar 02, 2017
The thirst for public funds is making these old men misbehave. Advanced PDP grin? These people are uncautiously crazy!

3 Likes

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by AdonaiRoofing(m): 9:46am On Mar 02, 2017
I suggest they exercise a little more patience and work on settling their differences so as to strengthen ant move PDP forward

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance etc

1 Like

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:46am On Mar 02, 2017
Advanced Peoples Democratic Party (APDP) indeed. Anyway, let's wait and see how it will unfold.

2 Likes

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by May19th: 9:48am On Mar 02, 2017
advanced thieves

5 Likes

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by idee91: 9:48am On Mar 02, 2017
Pentium tiri

1 Like

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by femi4: 9:48am On Mar 02, 2017
Zabilon007:
No be only advanced....Na 2nd edition
Advance English dictionary grin

5 Likes

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by femi4: 9:49am On Mar 02, 2017
Bumbae1:
Lol Advanced grin
Orishirishi
you ve got advanced hip there
Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 02, 2017
femi4:
you ve got advanced hip there

Lol oshey .. so i fit Join the Advanced group abi grin

1 Like

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by Alitair(m): 9:51am On Mar 02, 2017
Signs of a failed party
Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by Olasco93: 9:51am On Mar 02, 2017
The crave for power in this part of the world is so alarming to the extent that some even forget that they are not God, but ordinary homosapiens.
I pity some politicians.
Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by femi4: 9:51am On Mar 02, 2017
Bumbae1:

Lol oshey .. so i fit Join the Advanced group abi grin
Yesooo...remember me when you get there....don't just advance your pocket alone

1 Like

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 02, 2017
femi4:
Yesooo...remember me when you get there
Will do wink
Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by Dom2020: 9:54am On Mar 02, 2017
Bunch of clowns

1 Like

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by infogenius(m): 9:55am On Mar 02, 2017
Advanced People Deceiving People

1 Like

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by anetuno(m): 9:55am On Mar 02, 2017
Ali Modu Sheriff will now own the "Primitive PDP" grin

1 Like

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by ipobarecriminals: 9:55am On Mar 02, 2017
sad ADVANCED THIEVES

1 Like

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by lastmaster(m): 9:57am On Mar 02, 2017
Bumbae1:
Lol Advanced grin Orishirishi
Your future is just behind you
Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by babamoha(m): 9:57am On Mar 02, 2017
I stand with KOWA.

1 Like

Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by unitysheart(m): 9:58am On Mar 02, 2017
Lol. Awon werey somebori...
Re: "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party by ilohemmy(m): 9:59am On Mar 02, 2017
Believe me the name sounds funny

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ / Controversy Trails ₦2.5 Million Raised By Sunday Igboho’s Supporters / Reps Stranded In Kano Airport As Airline Reschedules Flight ‘four Times’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.