Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Balancing Your Work And Your Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Balancing Your Work And Your Family (345 Views)

If Your Brother Is Still Generous To Your Family After Marriage, Thank His Wife’ / I Cheated On My Husband With A Guy From Work And I Don't Know What To Do. / Mothers Who Work: How Do You Balance Your Work And Family Responsibilities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Balancing Your Work And Your Family by postiva: 2:56pm On Mar 02, 2017
We have a dilemma when we hold two values that are seemingly in conflict – “I want to be a good husband or wife, and a good father or mother. But work seems to suck everything out of me. How do I do justice to both?”

Especially in uncertain financial times, it’s easy to get very anxious about work, even if one has a good job. We can be tempted to make any personal sacrifice in order to maximize our work opportunities. But it’s important to remember that giving up everything for work is no guarantee of success. You may sell your soul to the devil, and the devil may still downsize you. Better to work in order to balance your life now. Then, if work lets you down, you’re still left with a solid base of love and support.

Well, here are seven (7) ideas to help you as you strive to balance your work and your family. Got a pen? Jot 'em down.

Equal Passion. Most men work very hard at their job. Do you give the same passion to your family? The most important work you will ever have is being a father and husband. Try to prioritize your life in such a way that your daily amount of passion is divided appropriately.

Carve out time for your family each week in advance. Put it on your calendar. Stop saying you have to get one more thing done before you leave for home. Plan your week with specific ending times and stick to them.

Reserve the weekends for the family. If you let work — the Monday-through-Friday varieties — encroach on your weekends, you're headed for misery. Christopher, a salesman for a marketing firm, still puts in 50- and 60-hour weeks, but he's stopped working on weekends. "Saturday and Sunday are for the kids," says Christopher. "They should know that from Friday night to Sunday is family, and that we're going to do something together; like playing games with your kids (e.g. PS2), going to the cinemas with your spouse and children, going to the eatery, swimming pool and d likes.

Schedule a date night of at least an hour once a week with each child and your spouse, where you focus solely on them. It doesn't have to be expensive; time is the critical ingredient here. When our budget has been tight, I've had this time in my backyard with my son.

When you're traveling, send an email or a postcard back to your family. Call them on the phone and pray with them, in addition to chatting.

Work smarter. What's your body clock? Are you a morning person? Or do you do your best work at night? If you get more done in the morning, perhaps you should begin working earlier in the day (if your company has flex time). That way you can get off earlier and beat the traffic home, thus saving y.... read all @ http://hubtiva.com/2017/03/02/balancing-your-work-and-your-family/

1 Like

Re: Balancing Your Work And Your Family by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 07, 2017
I envy those that are able to balance family and work. A healthy family relationship is very important.

It's not always easy taking the weekend off especially when there is a lot of work to do. I guess its all about priorities.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Free Your Family From Finacial Hudles - Use Help Power / Get Sparkling Eyes The Natural Way By Nature's Eden / Family Dysfunction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.