Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Court Dissolves Emeka Ike’s Marriage Over Wife’s Battery - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Court Dissolves Emeka Ike’s Marriage Over Wife’s Battery (923 Views)

Yolanda Pfeiffer Pregnant For Emeka Ike, Her Husband / Emeka Ike And His Beautiful Daughter Pictured / Court Dissolves Emeka Ike’s Marriage To Suzanne Emma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Dissolves Emeka Ike’s Marriage Over Wife’s Battery by thonyrule(m): 3:47pm On Mar 02, 2017
A Lagos Island Customary Court on Thursday dissolved the marriage between Nollywood actor, Emeka Ike and his wife, Emma over alleged incessant battery.

Emma, a teacher, had on July 13, 2015 approached the court to dissolve the 14-year-old marriage between her and the Nollywood star.

The court president, Mr. Awos Awosola, said from the totality of the evidence before the court, it was obvious that the marriage was beyond redemption.

“Emeka, who has been begging to be reconciled with his wife, has not made any effort towards the reconciliation.

“The marriage is hereby dissolved with effect from March 2, in accordance with the Lagos State Customary Court Law, 2011; Order 3 Rule 7 as amended.

“Any party that is not satisfied with the judgment has the right to appeal to any court of higher jurisdiction within 30 days from today,’’ the court president ruled.

Awosola awarded the custody of their four children to the husband and ordered that the wife must have unhindered access to them.

He said that N300 paid as Emma’s bride price had been returned to Emeka and urged both parties to maintain peace.

The mother of four had earlier told the court that her husband had been physically and verbally abusing her all through the duration of their marriage.

“My husband treated me like nobody and throughout this divorce tussle; he had denied me access to my children,” the woman said.

“He does not allow them to pick my call as he keeps changing their numbers.

“The last time I heard my first son’s voice was when he was sick and about to undergo surgery.

SOURCE: http://thenationonlineng.net/court-dissolves-emeka-ikes-marriage-wifes-battery/
Re: Court Dissolves Emeka Ike’s Marriage Over Wife’s Battery by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 02, 2017
Mann
Re: Court Dissolves Emeka Ike’s Marriage Over Wife’s Battery by olayinka807: 3:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
cry cry cry
Re: Court Dissolves Emeka Ike’s Marriage Over Wife’s Battery by dahmie2013: 4:00pm On Mar 02, 2017
Lawyers, pls enlighten me. So custody of a child legally goes 2 d father? I thut it shud be d mother & d father having un-hindered access. Dats bad o! So under what circumstances can custody get 2 d mother?
Re: Court Dissolves Emeka Ike’s Marriage Over Wife’s Battery by Kondomatic(m): 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
dahmie2013:
Lawyers, pls enlighten me. So custody of a child legally goes 2 d father? I thut it shud be d mother & d father having un-hindered access. Dats bad o! So under what circumstances can custody get 2 d mother?
Why is it bad if it goes to the father and good if it goes to the mother?

1 Like

Re: Court Dissolves Emeka Ike’s Marriage Over Wife’s Battery by dahmie2013: 4:13pm On Mar 02, 2017
Kondomatic:
Why is it bad if it goes to the father and good if it goes to the mother?
Cos I don't believe anoda woman can take care of a child better dan one's mother.

2 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves Emeka Ike’s Marriage Over Wife’s Battery by Kondomatic(m): 4:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
dahmie2013:

Cos I don't believe anoda woman can take care of a child better dan one's mother.
We are talking about the two parents not another woman.

The woman may eventually get married and by your logic, I don't believe another man can love and stand for a child better than the real father.

That is by way, real mothers dump babies by the roadside and inside wells sometimes and another woman picks them up and cares for them more than the real mother.

3 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves Emeka Ike’s Marriage Over Wife’s Battery by OYAY(m): 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2017
The fact that the custody of the children were given to the father shows the woman has not really been taking care of her home hence I will not blame Emeka if he has been treating her Bleep up in as much as I don't support battery.
Well I wish them good luck in their future endeavour!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Dissolves Emeka Ike’s Marriage Over Wife’s Battery by dahmie2013: 10:29pm On Mar 02, 2017
Kondomatic:
We are talking about the two parents not another woman.

The woman may eventually get married and by your logic, I don't believe another man can love and stand for a child better than the real father.

That is by way, real mothers dump babies by the roadside and inside wells sometimes and another woman picks them up and cares for them more than the real mother.
By giving those instances, u're going extreme. I'm referring 2 a divorce situation. We both know d responsibility 4 raising a child is largely on d part of d woman. Children are mostly attached 2 deir mother's dan father's. Of course, deir are bad step father's, but dey aren't as rampant as bad step mother's.
Picture dis scenario, a woman remarries with a child 4rm a previous marriage, even if d man doesn't want 2 take responsibility, d woman will most likely go out of her way 2 make sure d child get what he deserves.
But in d case of step mother's, it's different. D father drops money 4 instance & d woman will not use it 4 d children, cos she doesn't want dem 2 be better dan her's. Dese cases are very common.
Men are not created 2 be emotional, so dey just provide. But provision goes beyond just availability, dere is also d requirement of satisfaction, which d women are created 4. 2 ensure d children are adequately catered 4, based on d provision of d father.
D man will just drop money, thinking d child is fine, d mother has done d needful, where as, d child is starving thinking d father is mean. It goes on like dat. I had a cousin who went thru he'll 4rm her step mum, despite all d money her father had. Dis things are real.
Re: Court Dissolves Emeka Ike’s Marriage Over Wife’s Battery by Kondomatic(m): 11:02pm On Mar 02, 2017
dahmie2013:

By giving those instances, u're going extreme. I'm referring 2 a divorce situation. We both know d responsibility 4 raising a child is largely on d part of d woman. Children are mostly attached 2 deir mother's dan father's. Of course, deir are bad step father's, but dey aren't as rampant as bad step mother's.
Picture dis scenario, a woman remarries with a child 4rm a previous marriage, even if d man doesn't want 2 take responsibility, d woman will most likely go out of her way 2 make sure d child get what he deserves.
But in d case of step mother's, it's different. D father drops money 4 instance & d woman will not use it 4 d children, cos she doesn't want dem 2 be better dan her's. Dese cases are very common.
Men are not created 2 be emotional, so dey just provide. But provision goes beyond just availability, dere is also d requirement of satisfaction, which d women are created 4. 2 ensure d children are adequately catered 4, based on d provision of d father.
D man will just drop money, thinking d child is fine, d mother has done d needful, where as, d child is starving thinking d father is mean. It goes on like dat. I had a cousin who went thru he'll 4rm her step mum, despite all d money her father had. Dis things are real.
The reason I quoted you in the first place was because you said that the court's ruling wrong without trying to find out why the court ruled in his favour.

Let's assume for 18secs that the children are with her.

where will she take them to?

what does she do?

What's the relationship between her and the children like?

Court considers so many things before granting custody of the children to either of them, things like financial and emotional stability.

The age of the children and who among the parents have proven to be a better parent.

Also, culture forms the laws of a land. This sometimes influences court's decision.
In Nigeria, the man owns the child by default.

The scenario you painted up above is applicable to both sides.

I have a friend who stopped talking to his mother because of what he made his father pass through.

Of all the six children the woman has, only one returns her greeting till today.

And I read a story recently where a woman left her children in a car and went to Bleep her lover.

The two children suffocated before she returned.
Re: Court Dissolves Emeka Ike’s Marriage Over Wife’s Battery by Jimi23(m): 12:22am On Mar 03, 2017
OYAY:
The fact that the custody of the children were given to the father shows the woman has not really been taking care of her home hence I will not blame Emeka if he has been treating her Bleep up in as much as I don't support battery.
Well I wish them good luck in their future endeavour!!!

It may not necessarily mean that she has not been taking care of her home. It could be because she's not finacially capable. The grounds for custody are many.
Re: Court Dissolves Emeka Ike’s Marriage Over Wife’s Battery by dahmie2013: 3:19am On Mar 03, 2017
Kondomatic:
The reason I quoted you in the first place was because you said that the court's ruling wrong without trying to find out why the court ruled in his favour.

Let's assume for 18secs that the children are with her.

where will she take them to?

what does she do?

What's the relationship between her and the children like?

Court considers so many things before granting custody of the children to either of them, things like financial and emotional stability.

The age of the children and who among the parents have proven to be a better parent.

Also, culture forms the laws of a land. This sometimes influences court's decision.
In Nigeria, the man owns the child by default.

The scenario you painted up above is applicable to both sides.

I have a friend who stopped talking to his mother because of what he made his father pass through.

Of all the six children the woman has, only one returns her greeting till today.

And I read a story recently where a woman left her children in a car and went to Bleep her lover.

The two children suffocated before she returned.

First, I didn't state d court ruling was wrong, 4rm my statement, I was only surprised, I thut it will be d mother.
Fine, I understand those consideratns, but being with a father who is setting a legacy of battery is not very good @ all. But like u mentned, she probably doesn't have a house of her own.
Dats y I asked, under what circumstances can custody be with d mother? I just need d info, it can come handy one day.
Dere are a lot of scenarios, but if one will be objective, we have more bad step mother's dan step father's. Like I stated earlier, women are emotional, express love unlike men. I am not saying men aren't caring, but wen anoda woman gets in d picture, it's a different story entirely. D attentn shifts, it's now left 4 d woman 2 show d children d kind of love d father used 2. It's actually complicated, but I believe a child is safer with d mother if she has d means 2 take care of d child.

1 Like

Re: Court Dissolves Emeka Ike’s Marriage Over Wife’s Battery by OYAY(m): 7:52am On Mar 03, 2017
Jimi23:

It may not necessarily mean that she has not been taking care of her home. It could be because she's not finacially capable. The grounds for custody are many.

That is not tenable,the court will mandate the husband to be paying monthly upkeep of his family. Mothers are not granted custody of children based on her financial standing but they are naturally caring and bonded well with the children.

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Know Why My Marriage Failed - Nollywood Actress, Georgina Onuoha / A Lesson For Tonto, Tiwa And Toke From Tuface And Annie Idibia. / Tonto Dikeh And Son Andre Adorable In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.