Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,680 members, 7,865,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:40 AM

EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry (37811 Views)

SPIP Recovers Millions Of Dollars From Looters / Photos Of Jewelry Recovered From Abdullahi Mukhtar's In-law's Home / Dangote Truck Kills Mukhtar Abdulkarim, Ex Senator (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by DonCortino: 7:17pm On Mar 02, 2017
His name is SARIK!! Where is our own sarrik??
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by naijaking1: 7:18pm On Mar 02, 2017
PassingShot:

And how did you conclude his jewelleries are within his pay.

You think EFCC just wakes up to raid every tom dik amd Harry's house for common jewellery?

Oh yes. They do. Is Magu's foolishness beginning to make sense now. ?
Soon, you will have political opponents arrested for having too much food in their house!!! All in the name of fighting corruption and you will still have some brain dead people cheer Magu on
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by Willybos(m): 7:18pm On Mar 02, 2017
mr1759:

grin grin
am a whistle blower I gave a blow towards tinubu direction but Efcc rejected me
Am not "am" point ov cor8tion...
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by nickxtra(m): 7:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
Islie:

[b]Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Wednesday, raided the residence of General Sarki Mukhtar and recovered jewelry worth millions of naira

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/health/efcc-raids-mukhtars-house-recovers-millions-worth-of-jewelry/187570.html

Pic: Sarki at a security meeting while National Security Adviser

Does that mean that any office holder in past is not qualified to own houses and luxury items again?
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by ngolokante(m): 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
petrov10:
so if I have jewelry now efcc should come and pick me up ryt?

Well it depends on the way and manner you acquired it
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by Abudu2000(m): 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
For efcc to discover a cople pf jesus piece chains, it must be an informat who lives in the same house...
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by kolaaderin: 7:25pm On Mar 02, 2017
kernel501:

Brother, I was thinking you're well informed. How does jewelry constitute crime, especially stuffs that are within his monthly pay cheque?

Ask the street value of those jewelries and u will be shocked why EFCC raided the house. Jewelries could runs into billions, no be naija we they. Huge diamonds, Ruby and other sophisticated precious stones calved into jewelries. Nigerian politicians loots to the earth crust and the devils himself get to be very vigilant when they finally got to hell to serve him.
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by fallout87: 7:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
Foolishness.

Wasn't the president's wife wearing a watch worth millions of naira not long ago?

Why doesn't EFCC arrest her as well.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by Endtimesmith(m): 7:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
Nigeria government is really corrupt.
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by Mrhaven(m): 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2017
Islie:

[b]Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Wednesday, raided the residence of General Sarki Mukhtar and recovered jewelry worth millions of naira

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/health/efcc-raids-mukhtars-house-recovers-millions-worth-of-jewelry/187570.html

Pic: Sarki at a security meeting while National Security Adviser

what do they need all this for, meanwhile buhari an idiot
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 02, 2017
Jewelries ? So, EFCC was tipped off because the man owned houses and jewelries ? E be like this snitching days, no body will be inviting artisans for repairs for house anymore.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by ngolokante(m): 7:30pm On Mar 02, 2017
hedonistic:

The onus is on the EFCC to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the jewellery are proceeds of crime. It is absurd to raid a person's house and "recover" items that you can't prove how they were acquired merely based on stupid whistle blower information.

Indeed, the whole concept of whistle blowing as we have been seeing it of late is barbaric, idiotic, and ultimately unsustainable. Why aren't whistle blowers exposing contract scams, over-invoicing, forex round-tripping, kickbacks, and the uncountable other ACTIONS via which government funds are actually looted? That's how it's done in civilised climes. The documents and files through which these monies are looted pass through various tables and are seen by various eyes. That's where we need the whistle-blowing.

You can't just jump into a person's house like a gang of armed robbers and "recover" money and other possessions with no clue about their source other than suspicion. You would only waste everybody's time in court if you can't prove that the items were acquired through specific/identifiable criminal activities. It is trite in criminal law worldwide that suspicion, however great or circumstantial, cannot equate guilt.

"You can't just jump into a person's house like a gang of armed robbers and "recover" money and other possessions with no clue about their source other than suspicion"...of course under normal circumstances you can't, but the level corruption has attained in this country warrants we take extraordinary measures to wrestle our commonwealth back from some looting criminals...going by your objection to whistle blowing, we can as well leave people like Andrew Yakubu and his fire proof cabinets on the assumption that suspicion no matter how great cannot equate guilt. I know the law is an ass, but it's not a dumb ass... We should equally preach that to the West, where suspicion about yout faith, skin colour or race equates quilt
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by Skimpledawg(m): 7:34pm On Mar 02, 2017
ginajet:
I miss Skimpledawg cry
Oya come to daddy grin..

How are u dear
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
madridguy:
Meaning? grin
Meaning you people are social.
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
xstry:
And what are you? Defender of criminals

To wayacema kaina flat ne?
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2017
FriendChoice:

To wayacema kaina flat ne?
gashi Ina,gani, Kai sai shining yake grin
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by hedonistic: 7:43pm On Mar 02, 2017
ngolokante:

"You can't just jump into a person's house like a gang of armed robbers and "recover" money and other possessions with no clue about their source other than suspicion"...of course under normal circumstances you can't, but the level corruption has attained in this country warrants we take extraordinary measures to wrestle our commonwealth back from some looting criminals...going by your objection to whistle blowing, we can as well leave people like Andrew Yakubu and his fire proof cabinets on the assumption that suspicion no matter how great cannot equate guilt. I know the law is an ass, but it's not a dumb ass... We should equally preach that to the West, where suspicion about yout faith, skin colour or race equates quilt

If by "extraordinary measures" you mean a haphazard, thoughtless, unsystematic, unstructured, and arbitrary approach that would lead us nowhere (since we would keep running round in circles without real progress), then I'd have to point out that such thinking is the reason why Nigeria and much of Africa remains hopelessly stagnant.

I've just told you my idea of what sustainable whistle-blowing entails, that's what would work long term. Institute a system where people can anonymously expose looting AS IT IS HAPPENING (for a fee), not after it has happened and proceeds have been successfully laundered.

If you want to follow the current barbaric and unsustainable pattern, then virtually everyone has questions to answer. I assure you that if you raid Bola Tinubu's house now, you would find mammoth money in local and hard currencies, same applies to virtually every top politician and senior government official, past and present. Where do you start from?

Everyday we go out and see unknown idiots driving/buying relatively expensive cars, popping champagne, and living the high life. Go to any of the big malls, or to the average lounge, or anywhere for that matter. You'll see all sorts of people living a 'questionable' lifestyle. Who are these people and why haven't they all been clamped to explain the source of their money to the last kobo, even though we can rightly suspect that majority of them are illegally acquired? Its a virtually endless chain, and following this haphazard home raiding technique would lead us nowhere.
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by xboi97(m): 7:44pm On Mar 02, 2017
erico2k2:
I never k new one can loot jewelries as well from the FG, Im just thinking aloud ohhh
the don't loot jewelries but money 2 buy dem. Or d cars and d guns do u think the are bn looted from d government or is d money d loot d usedused in buying think well Mr b4 u alter a statement
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2017
petrov10:
Efcc went to Raid jewelry
undecided
So it's now a crime to own "jewelry"

Security agency in other countries raid for drug, weapons et al
But here we raid for bracelets and rings ? undecided

Efcc pls stop fooling around and get busy

You be fool
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2017
petrov10:
undecided

You be fool

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by RetroBoy: 7:49pm On Mar 02, 2017
petrov10:
so if I have jewelry now efcc should come and pick me up ryt?
"Millions worth of jewelry", not one or two trinkets.
You're trying to discredit the raid by presuming the jewelry is of no importance.
What's bad is bad, and we should all condemn corruption regardless of our political and ethnic affiliations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by ngolokante(m): 7:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
hedonistic:

If by "extraordinary measures" you mean a haphazard, thoughtless, unsystematic, unstructured, and arbitrary approach that would lead us nowhere (since we would keep running round in circles without real progress), then I'd have to point out that such thinking is the reason why Nigeria and much of Africa remains hopelessly stagnant.

I've just told you my idea of what sustainable whistle-blowing entails, that's what would work long term. Institute a system where people can anonymously expose looting AS IT IS HAPPENING (for a fee), not after it has happened and proceeds have been successfully laundered.

If you want to follow the current barbaric and unsustainable pattern, then virtually everyone has questions to answer. I assure you that if you raid Bola Tinubu's house now, you would find mammoth money in local and hard currencies, same applies to virtually every top politician and senior government official, past and present. Where do you start from?

Everyday we go out and see unknown idiots driving/buying relatively expensive cars, popping champagne, and living the high life. Go to any of the big malls, or to the average lounge, or anywhere for that matter. You'll see all sorts of people living a 'questionable' lifestyle. Who are these people and why haven't they all been clamped to explain the source of their money to the last kobo, even though we can rightly suspect that majority of them are illegally acquired? Its a virtually endless chain, and following this haphazard home raiding technique would lead us nowhere.

That's what you think...but for the fact that people have had to sit up and the fact that it's no longer stealing as usual,then we have started heading somewhere. You can't just sit there and expect a perfect system of going after thieves to drop from heaven before going after looting thieves who are unrelenting in their wicked stealing. By the time we develop that kind of system, we would have been looted dry...no matter how haphazard the system is, its better than just sitting there and doing nothing...if however you say it's been used to settle scores then you have sonething there...and don't worry about all those idiets throwing and burning money, we will soon catch up with them, all the more reason we need to start from somewhere in our quest to stop all these insane stealings
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by EazyMoh(m): 8:01pm On Mar 02, 2017
FriendChoice:

From number 1 to number 3 commenter are all Ab0kis.
Lol! They are Nigerians too nah.
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by pweshboi(m): 8:03pm On Mar 02, 2017
petrov10:

undecided

Your level of ignorance is just at its peak Bro... Do u know what efcc does? And what's d business of efcc with hunting drug peddlers and drug lords... Haba seems ure one of the people that always find fault in everything that is been done to move this country forward.... Ignorance is a very bad thing my dear brother

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by kernel501: 8:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
PassingShot:

And how did you conclude his jewelleries are within his pay.

You think EFCC just wakes up to raid every tom dik amd Harry's house for common jewellery?

Am trying to say, we shouldn't start shouting thief thief !!! at every arrest till convicted. Surprisingly, we've had less than two high profile convictions.
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by joe4real12: 8:12pm On Mar 02, 2017
petrov10:

undecided

grin grin grin grin grin
I don go hide my jewelry in case...

Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by tete7000(m): 8:14pm On Mar 02, 2017
Sensationalism.
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by hatchy(f): 8:19pm On Mar 02, 2017
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef
You and this your rubbish all the time.

Grow up! Goat.
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by gidjah(m): 8:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
he was my neighbor while in d military away as a govr then in kaduna state.a very respected personnel, very bold and firm. called him 'MAIGIDA' THEN THEN (IN THE early 90's).
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by chinjo(m): 8:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
So them no see money for soakaway na him them go for jewelries and C of O. Nigeria is truely a zoo
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 02, 2017
EazyMoh:
Lol! They are Nigerians too nah.
Kai Dan kudu ne ai kake ware kanka. grin grin
Re: EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 02, 2017
xstry:
gashi Ina,gani, Kai sai shining yake grin

Sekace wani Nnamdi Kanu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edo Old Woman Blasts Oshiomhole, Says "Obaseki Is Coming Back In Jesus Name" / Matawalle’s Appointees Were ‘Chief Guests’ At Turbaning Of Ado Aleru - Abdul / Top 10 Nigerian States With Least Domestic Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.