Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,136 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview (19462 Views)

5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 / Top Interview Mistakes You Should Avoid / 12 Common Job Interview Mistakes You Should Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 03, 2017
I made front page for the first time!
Re: 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview by delman1000: 12:12pm On Mar 03, 2017
Scatterscatter:
Need you to explain no. 6 lipsrsealed

In other news, speaking from experience, (
both personal and others) what everyone need the most during an interview are:
* adequate preparation (going with the required credentials)
* don't be late
* be confident and smile when you have to
*Pray for God's favor and pray for it all over again after praying for it then pray for favor yet again.

Interview is all about God's favour, I've seen serious interviews whereby all they discussed was just football and that was it.

The truth is you can't be too prepared for an interview, just go in and be yourself.
true
Re: 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview by delman1000: 12:12pm On Mar 03, 2017
izublingz:
I made front page for the first time!
lol
Re: 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview by delman1000: 12:14pm On Mar 03, 2017
Melian:
You are hilarious.

lol
Re: 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview by observer2020(m): 4:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
izublingz:
5- Ask about things that were stated in the job posting

It just makes it look like you didn’t actually read it. And on that note, make sure you actually read the job posting.

4- Wear too much perfume or cologne

A little is okay, too much is not okay.

3- Give a sob story

Everybody has a sob story, and sob stories are usually obvious. Don’t rely on it during an interview

2- Look desperate

This doesn’t mean to act smug or stuck up though. It just means that you shouldn’t make it look like your life is hanging on getting the job

1- Look like your time is being wasted

Even if you’re applying to McDonalds, this will not earn you points with the recruiter

I lost a job interview that I have been certified 100% in the interview hall,just because I talked to my fellow interviewee when I left the hall,not knowing they are watching me with CCTV .I immediately got a text that I should come back inside and when I came backed ,they asked what I was talking with few of my fellow interviewee, I told them that I was just exchanging pleasantries, becos we couldn't finish the interview yesterday and all of us slept in the hotel,I was just asking them how there night was.
The chief interviewer said okay,but one mean lady ,said ,u are disqualified immediately, the lady and the chief interviewer start shouting at each other,but unfortunately the lady is representing the CEO of the organization.
Later in the evening, I got a text from the chief interviewer, telling me to meet her in her hotel room in two days time,which I did.
She encouraged me and told me that I mustn't work for someone before I become great that she saw a special potential in me the time she was interviewing me.
She gave me a contact of someone I meet,lo and behold I am earning that salary I suppose to earn in that organization on weekly basis right now,with enough time for myself.
N.B: I didn't slept with the Lady in the hotel.
But right now,I am dating her daughter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview by enshi(m): 4:08pm On Mar 03, 2017
onward4life:

Bro I almost got a job Nov las yr.

They asked me If I drive? And own a valid license. I told they the truth because it wud set me free.

They las time another company asked me in January I told them that I cud drive airplanes!

Am sti free for immediate employment sti dis morning. March made it 11months unemployed back to back!

#nysc2015A
Re: 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview by enshi(m): 4:11pm On Mar 03, 2017
observer2020:

I lost a job interview that I have been certified 100% in the interview hall,just because I talked to my fellow interviewee when I left the hall,not knowing they are watching me with CCTV .I immediately got a text that I should come back inside and when I came backed ,they asked what I was talking with few of my fellow interviewee, I told them that I was just exchanging pleasantries, becos we couldn't finish the interview yesterday and all of us slept in the hotel,I was just asking them how there night was.
The chief interviewer said okay,but one mean lady ,said ,u are disqualified immediately, the lady and the chief interviewer start shouting at each other,but unfortunately the lady is representing the CEO of the organization.
Later in the evening, I got a text from the chief interviewer, telling me to meet her in her hotel room in two days time,which I did.
She encouraged me and told me that I mustn't work for someone before I become great that she saw a special potential in me the time she was interviewing me.
She gave me a contact of someone I meet,lo and behold I am earning that salary I suppose to earn in that organization on weekly basis right now,with enough time for myself.

Pls sir appreciate GOD by giving Me a contact too pls.. I am begging you pls
Re: 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview by observer2020(m): 5:04pm On Mar 03, 2017
enshi:

Pls sir appreciate GOD by giving Me a contact too pls.. I am begging you pls

Email me ,ur details, age,location, tribe etc @ mgbatoguvictor@yahoo.com

If something comes up soon,I will update u
Re: 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview by enshi(m): 5:20pm On Mar 03, 2017
observer2020:

May God continually bless you...
Your pot of oil will never go dry...

Will do just as directed
My name is Gabriel
Would even send a full CV and cover letter sir

Thanks
Re: 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview by CellTabRepairs: 5:52pm On Mar 03, 2017
They tell job seekers not to lie but every instructions tip about CVs and resumes say you should tailor it to the job you are seeking. ..do you have 9 lives? grin

Anyway
Remember this; It is not enough to earn & carry about a certificate! That's phase 1. Life is about relevance & providing solutions. Someone right now somewhere is looking for someone who can do something for him/her & get paid! Opportunity Meets with preparation! Is your worth only in that paper certificate even though you hardly have a REAL skill? Therefore; EACH DAY , LET YOUR CAPITAL BE YOUR KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & BARE HANDS!

**Click My Name & View That Resource You Need!**
Don't wait in perpetuity for job invitations after applying! March is here already! The thief you harbour is PROCRASTINATION! Therefore don't wait until the whole year runs out!

Great dreamers don't stay idle at home. They take steps!
Re: 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview by odimbannamdi(m): 10:20pm On Mar 04, 2017
observer2020:

Are you kidding me!!

So talking to your fellow interviewees could disqualify you in a job race

Thanks for the revealing info, bro. I am quite guilty of this, but i am gonna desist from it henceforth.

But come to think of it, almost EVERY interviewee in almost every job race is guilty of this too. I mean, you dont expect them to leave the interview hall, walk past their colleagues without saying a word and head for the exit. If your guys hail you, you gatz hail them back na

If the "no talking to other interviewees" policy is very important to the interviewers, maybe they should have provided a separate exit route for the already interviewed candidates.

Meanwhile bro, i am also searching for bigger and better job opportunities befitting of my skills and experience. I would appreciate a notification if something comes up.

PS: I am a Process/Admin guy. Thanks
Re: 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview by julybaba(m): 5:16pm On Mar 05, 2017
Check out this ANDROID Job App --It provides information on vacancies and jobs opportunities. --It also provides information on existing scholarship opportunities. --You can also post new jobs and scholarship opportunities. Download this app from: http://julisunkan.ga To ask any question, send me an email at: julisunkan@julisunkan.ga Share with friends
Re: 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview by Lilshaddy(m): 10:49am On Mar 08, 2017
Is it real?? I dont want to be scammed

You have been scheduled for INTERVIEW & TRAINING on Friday, March 10th, 9am @ VANTAGE HUB, 2nd Floor, Mosesola House, 103, Allen Avenue Ikeja, 081 41 256 232
Re: 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview by enuk80(m): 7:47pm On Mar 08, 2017
I remember one of the interviewed I went some years back..I had all it takes to get the job...my result was awesome .when the three professors that interview me went through it and I actually did well in the interviewed because I was sincere but the funny thing is I wasn't accepted because of my sincerity. ..one has to lie inorder to get the job

1 Like

Re: 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 09, 2017
observer2020:

which one is tribe again?
Re: 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview by julybaba(m): 6:57am On Mar 11, 2017

Check out this ANDROID Job App
--It provides information on vacancies and jobs opportunities.
--It also provides information on existing scholarship opportunities.
--You can also post new jobs and scholarship opportunities.
Download this app from: http://julisunkan.ga
To ask any question, send me an email at: julisunkan@julisunkan.ga

Share with friends
Re: 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview by Kabul(m): 12:12am On Mar 12, 2017
Scatterscatter:
Need you to explain no. 6 lipsrsealed

In other news, speaking from experience, (
both personal and others) what everyone need the most during an interview are:
* adequate preparation (going with the required credentials)
* don't be late
* be confident and smile when you have to
*Pray for God's favor and pray for it all over again after praying for it then pray for favor yet again.

Interview is all about God's favour, I've seen serious interviews whereby all they discussed was just football and that was it.

The truth is you can't be too prepared for an interview, just go in and be yourself.
U r on point
Re: 25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview by kenerek: 11:54pm On Mar 13, 2017
Many people do not get called for job interviews because of the poor quality of their CV. I have discovered where to you can get your CV written excellently for just Five thousand naira only. It also comes with free counselling on career ,relationships and peer pressure issues. All you have to do is to send an email to : info@kayceeinspires.com You can visit the Kayceeinspires blog for other success tips.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Share I.T Placement With Your Fellow Nairalanders / My Boss Refuses To Pay Me My Salary For June Till Now / Shell Recruitment Day 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.