Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out (25385 Views)

Nigerians Spent ₦4.6 Trillion Eating Out In 2019 / 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out In Lagos !!! / 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Yarnvibes(f): 9:15am On Mar 03, 2017
Variety of Dishes lavishly and tastefully displayed to invite and tempt people who want to feed their stomach. At Mama puts or Bukkas dotted around each city, you find bankers, civil servants and artisans jostling to buy food at these spots.

Madam give me Amala with efo riro, shaki, roundabout and pomo- they shout at the top of their voices.

In other cases, if you don’t like mama put, then the fancy restaurants is the place you frequent. While you regularly patronise these restaurants every day, have you ever considered cooking for yourself?

Of course, you are very busy and you have to leave home early in the morning and return late and this will not give you time to cook. Perhaps, these reasons shared by Kikiotolu.com will encourage you to cook instead of eating out every day.

1. You can trust what you eating
For those who eat out often, they are not in the know of the kind of ingredients that have been used in preparing the food. It what they are served that they eat. But if you cook at home, you have the discretion to add the content you without any worries.

2. You perfect your cooking skills
Men have the tendency to eat out more than women even though you find both genders at the mama put. Regardless, if you want to improve or perfect your cooking skills, it is not by visiting restaurants. You can find time out of your tight to cook. For the men who cook at home, they can brag to friends about their cooking skills and they can show off their cooking skills to their significant other. It is definitely a wonderful feeling.

3. You save money
You have to spend nothing less than N500 to eat at your favourite restaurants daily. But if you cook, you won’t spend such an amount. Every penny is worth saving in this current recession.

4. You make healthier choices
Many of the foods you consume at restaurants are processed foods due to the ingredients they are used. Cooking at home not only help you select your own ingredients but ensure that you make choices that will not negatively affect your health.

5. It builds better relationships
Imagine one of those days your girlfriend who is always coming around to cook for and you told are not to bother about cooking. You will do it. Even though it may not be perfect, she will love you more. In fact, some women say that they prefer men who know how to cook. So, don’t be afraid to show off your culinary skills to your significant other.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/03/5-reasons-you-should-cook-at-home.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 03, 2017
Nice

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by iPrevail(m): 9:20am On Mar 03, 2017
I totally agree.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Shamstiel: 9:20am On Mar 03, 2017
Some of us are bachelors who leave for work early, what will you prescribe for us?

11 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Kondomatic(m): 9:21am On Mar 03, 2017
I can't avoid eating out because of the nature of my work but I cook whenever I can .

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by AlexCk: 9:21am On Mar 03, 2017
Nothing beats home cooking
It's always comfortable.

Except when u have to get up early for work, omo, either toasted bread for morning, or bread and akara o.

Then find square root for lunch

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by pweetixandy: 9:27am On Mar 03, 2017
saying cooking at home saves money is seriously up for debate, cos I don't agree. do you know how much vegetable oil retails for? A derica of beans is 250, rice 350 or there about. not to talk off the price of kerosene and gas. you can eat out and eat healthy na, oyinbos are the ones who eat processed foods jor.

34 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by pweetixandy: 9:28am On Mar 03, 2017
AlexCk:
Nothing beats home cooking
It's always comfortable.

Except when u have to get up early for work, omo, either toasted bread for morning, or bread and akara o.

Then find square root for lunch
its toast bread, not toasted

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 03, 2017
Are the plates and pots romancing? Why is this here?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Vision4God: 9:29am On Mar 03, 2017
Well-done Op.
Nice one
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Amarabae(f): 9:33am On Mar 03, 2017
For unmarried people, Eating outside is more economical than home cooking if we look at it that angle.
I eat outside when I am at work mainly during afternoon.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by AlexCk: 9:37am On Mar 03, 2017
pweetixandy:

True, but funny enough, toasted bread is still used.

But i think toast is the right word though.

English language sha,

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by veekid(m): 9:39am On Mar 03, 2017

not applicable to bachelor like me biko

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by jesus500(m): 9:39am On Mar 03, 2017
I have always prepared my food by myself, I hardly eat outside unless I am seriously hungry.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by holluwai(m): 9:40am On Mar 03, 2017
Very true
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by rawpadgin(m): 9:40am On Mar 03, 2017
pweetixandy:
saying cooking at home saves money is seriously up for debate, cos I don't agree. do you know how much vegetable oil retails for? A derica of beans is 250, rice 350 or there about. not to talk off the price of kerosene and gas. you can eat out and eat healthy na, oyinbos are the ones who eat processed foods jor.
one wise man spotted

with 200naira i don eat belle full for mama Emma buka

can't even remember the last time i put on my gas
the day i will manage to cook u will see u urchins popping out from every corner with plates & spoon

u will need 2500 to prepare a decent pot of soup & the soup won't even last up-to 3days

18 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 03, 2017
Not applicable to me. Better to eat out and be sure you are going to have something nice to eat than to make concoctions in the name of trying to save money.

9 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Young03(m): 9:40am On Mar 03, 2017
3 n 4 are lies
eating outside dey save moni for me pass

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by ITbomb(m): 9:40am On Mar 03, 2017
This is ITbomb

ITbomb lives in a sweet neat apartment

ITbomb doesn't worry about flies or smells

ITbomb do not have unwashed plates and dishes

ITbomb eats outside

Be like ITbomb

16 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by SuperBlack: 9:40am On Mar 03, 2017
I think is nice to cook at home without any reason.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 9:41am On Mar 03, 2017
My best department
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by link2ok22: 9:41am On Mar 03, 2017
Ok..
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Guyman02: 9:42am On Mar 03, 2017
Its not always that you save money cooking at home. For instance for me to cook 2 cups of beans at home I need to burn my gas or kerosene for 1hr, buy crayfish N50, pepper palm oil etc, calculate the cost yourself.
But I can go to a restaurant close to my house and buy already cooked beans for N100 and it will be enough for one meal because the restaurant cooks in bulk.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by YINKS89(m): 9:43am On Mar 03, 2017
Me I don't even know wch wan jawe.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Darkseid(m): 9:44am On Mar 03, 2017
Throughout my five years in the university, I don't think I ate outside up five times. I find it very difficult to foods cooked by other people; even my closest friends.
As an undergraduate, I used to buy 25kg rice every semester and filled I my 7kg gas cylinder twice every semester. Flour and other baking ingredients never lacked in my house.
I cook in the morning and bake with my oven in the evening.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by bizhop01: 9:44am On Mar 03, 2017
I can't recall the last time i cook in my house, i cook very well but no time
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by slap1(m): 9:55am On Mar 03, 2017
Number 2 is so on point. Then 3 and 4. When I started cooking for myself, I remember adding too much or too little of either salt or pepper. Sometimes I forget to add pepper at all.

Now I cook better. Last week I was at the market to buy ingredients for egusi and uziza tongue and one lady kept looking and asked whether I'll be making the soup myself. I said yes. She looked pleased and told me how her brother can't cook anything.

Wetin concern me? grin

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by slap1(m): 9:57am On Mar 03, 2017
Guyman02:
Its not always that you save money cooking at home. For instance for me to cook 2 cups of beans at home I need to burn my gas or kerosene for 1hr, buy crayfish N50, pepper palm oil etc, calculate the cost yourself.
But I can go to a restaurant close to my house and buy already cooked beans for N100 and it will be enough for one meal because the restaurant cooks in bulk.

Oshey, statistician of the federation. grin N100 beans is not enough for a meal here in Owerri.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by snowblaq(f): 9:58am On Mar 03, 2017
pweetixandy:
...says who?.....either of them is correct

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by YourWife(f): 9:58am On Mar 03, 2017
pweetixandy:

Cooking ur own food is actually cheaper. By d time u buy all ur ingredients and consumables, it might look like u have spent more money. But when u begin to use them, some of them might last for over a month. Also, u cook 2 milk cups of rice and u will eat it twice or 3 times.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Honey Combs From Un-processed Honey / NAFDAC Bans Alcoholic Drinks In Sachets, Small Volume PET / Weevil Has Finished My Beans,how Can I Preserve Beans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.