Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,765 members, 7,831,457 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency (15504 Views)

The 40+ Historical Issues Tackled By The Buhari Government By Zara Gift Onyinye / How APC Governors Clashed, Tackled Each Other At Party Meeting / Anti-graft Agencies Can’t Account For Recovered Loot – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by Handsome777(m): 11:05am On Mar 03, 2017
The Presidency has reiterated 10 measures President Muhammadu Buhari introduced in his government to help fight corruption, and improve fiscal accountability and transparency without the direct involvement of anti-graft agencies.

These measures were highlighted on Thursday at the National Dialogue on Corruption summit organized in Abuja by the Presidential Action Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) in conjunction with the Office of the Vice-President.

They are as follows:

1. The Presidential Initiative on Continuous Audit (PICA): PICA was set up by President Muhammadu Buhari to strengthen controls over Government finances through a continuous internal audit process across all Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), particularly in respect of payroll. Through the activities of PICA, a total of 53,000 erroneous payroll entries have been identified, with payroll savings of N198 billion achieved in 2016.

2. Budget Reforms: Instead of the traditional method of hard copy submissions of budget proposals, Ministries, Departments and Agencies were asked to upload their proposals to the new budget preparation portal. By replacing paper submissions with an audit-able and trackable online system, the 2017 budget preparation process was strengthened against manipulation and unauthorised alteration

3. Expansion of TSA Coverage: Aug 7, 2015, PMB issued Executive Order to all Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to implement Treasury Single Account (TSA) Policy. The TSA Policy has resulted in consolidation of over 20,000 bank accounts and in average monthly savings of N4.7bn in banking charges.

4. Deployment of BVN for Payroll and Social Investment Programmes: The use of BVN to verify Federal Government payroll entries has so far led to the detection of 53,000 erroneous payroll entries.

5. Replacement of old Cash-Based Accounting System with an Accruals-Based System: Accruals-based accounting presents the true financial position of the Federal Governments assets and liabilities, which would help the Government plan future funding requirements for asset maintenance and replacement, and the repayment of existing and contingent liabilities and, thus, better manage their cash position and financing requirements.

6. Enlistment into Open Government Partnership (OGP): In July 2016, Nigeria became 70th country to join OGP and has gone on to develop a National Action Plan (2017–2019)

7. Insistence on Conditionality of Fiscal Support to States: The Fiscal Sustainability Plan (FSP) is a reform programme that specifies conditions under which States can access federal government’s N510 billion Budget Support Facility (BSF). State Governments that fail to implement the FSP action plans, as stated, will be taken off the Budget Support Facility with immediate effect. The Fiscal Sustainability Plan is part of our reform of Public Financial Management Systems nationwide.

9. Asset Recovery Reforms: The Constitution of a Presidential Committee on Asset Recovery (PCAR), headed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, to bring together all law enforcement agencies involved in the recovery of assets; as well as designation of a dedicated Central Bank Account to receive all recovered funds, for coordination and transparency of management and oversight.

10. New Whistle-blowing Policy: The new Whistleblowing Policy introduced by the Federal Ministry of Finance has already yielded about $160m and N8 billion in recoveries of stolen Government funds.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/03/03/10-ways-buhari-tackled-corruption-without-anti-graft-agencies-presidency/

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by Horlufemi(m): 11:31am On Mar 03, 2017
Whistle blower policy is what I like the most. I have become the Bounty hunter.

I need a team of yansh openers, let's make some money. The bigger the loot the bigger the reward.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 11:33am On Mar 03, 2017
shocked
Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by luwiizy(m): 11:37am On Mar 03, 2017
Horlufemi:
it comes with a price to be a refree

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by Horlufemi(m): 11:43am On Mar 03, 2017
luwiizy:
it comes with a price to be a refree

I don't care. I'll protect myself from the proceeds

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by omowolewa: 11:45am On Mar 03, 2017
Kudos to him, expecting to see him very soon.

17 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by luwiizy(m): 11:53am On Mar 03, 2017
Horlufemi:

I don't care. I'll protect myself from the proceeds
I hope you live long enough to enjoy the YAM

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by Horlufemi(m): 1:15pm On Mar 03, 2017
luwiizy:
I hope you live long enough to enjoy the YAM

Trust me.

Fried yam, cooked yam, ikokore, dun dun, and pounded. You name it.

Lalasticlala oya move it

5 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by u11ae1013: 1:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
bubu, hope you lock aisha in za ozza room
Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by Papiikush: 1:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
If I typed what I really had in mind the mods will delete my comment as usual... So let me just become hypocritical since that is what Nigerians enjoy.

Weldone Mr President undecided

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by ask4double(m): 1:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
Is Buhari still in power?

4 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
Can they stfu already please?

4 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by nkwuocha: 1:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
grin
I can see the notorious cabals still trying to use the media to glorify Buhari's mediocre government. Like a drowning man struggling with a straw they want to force it down our throat, that their vegetable master stopped corruption in Nigeria. The same certificateless Nomadi that bribed gifted a judge during his certificate saga.

Where are all the monies recovered from corrupt officials?
It's obvious they are not willing to accept defeat by urging their kinsman to resign. The money stolen by these cabals as we speak is overwhelming.

Thieves!!!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
Ok

1. The Presidential Initiative on Continuous Audit (PICA): Jonathan started this
2. Budget Reforms: Jonathan started this
3. Expansion of TSA Coverage: Jonathan started this
4. Deployment of BVN for Payroll and Social Investment Programmes: Jonathan started this
5. Replacement of old Cash-Based Accounting System with an Accruals-Based System: Jonathan started this
6. Enlistment into Open Government Partnership (OGP): Jonathan started this
7. Insistence on Conditionality of Fiscal Support to States: Jonathan started this (ask Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala)
8. Asset Recovery Reforms: Jonathan started this ...recovery of BMWs purchased by Stella Oduah
9. New Whistle-blowing Policy: ? (not measurable)

Where is no 10? Duplication of work, non-clarity and useless chest-beating ( we started, we started) Nonsense

Useless government..

PS: Lalasticlala it is actually 9 ways, take note cheesy cheesy cheesy

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by ELPablochapo: 1:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
uwa
Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by dragonking3: 1:34pm On Mar 03, 2017
It is true, Buhari is tackling corruption. See proof here undecided

9 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by ITbomb(m): 1:34pm On Mar 03, 2017
Invading at night using DSS because DSS or SSS is technically not listed as an anti-graft agency

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by sekundosekundo: 1:35pm On Mar 03, 2017
ok
Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by IYANGBALI: 1:36pm On Mar 03, 2017
Mtcheeeeeew

4 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by maishai: 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2017
No body said the presidency is yet out of power.Please you guys should just concentrate on governing Nigeria..The presidency is far bigger than the chair of the president....We all know intuitively that it has been a team work not just to the glory of the president

5 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by Koolking(m): 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2017
Handsome777:

New Whistle-blowing Policy: The new Whistleblowing Policy introduced by the Federal Ministry of Finance has already yielded about $160m and N8 billion in recoveries of stolen Government funds.[/img]

Whistleblowing is a huge opportunity for Nigerians to hit it big. You can whistleblow that your boss who has been fraudulently amassing collective wealth to himself.

I like this government. I wonder why most Nigerians can not see the change is here already.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by Iamwrath: 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2017
Buhari is God sent

Period!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2017
Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by sekundosekundo: 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2017
Baba chir will be laughing at this post.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by dragonking3: 1:38pm On Mar 03, 2017
Keneking:
Ok

. The Presidential Initiative on Continuous Audit (PICA): Jonathan started this

2. Budget Reforms: Jonathan started this

3. Expansion of TSA Coverage: Jonathan started this

4. Deployment of BVN for Payroll and Social Investment Programmes: Jonathan started this

5. Replacement of old Cash-Based Accounting System with an Accruals-Based System: Jonathan started this

6. Enlistment into Open Government Partnership (OGP): Jonathan started this

7. Insistence on Conditionality of Fiscal Support to States: Jonathan started this (ask Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala)

9. Asset Recovery Reforms: Jonathan started this ...recovery of BMWs purchased bu Stella Oduah

10. New Whistle-blowing Policy: ? (not measurable)
They took all of GEJ policies and claim it is buhari own grin

GEJ is greater than all the Buharis put together tongue

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by anonimi: 1:38pm On Mar 03, 2017
Horlufemi:

I need a team of yansh openers, let's make some money. The bigger the loot the bigger the reward.

Do you mind starting with the dullard in Aso Rock who has gone AWOL for almost two months

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2827707_img20150905142543_jpegffcefa9483529d6999254d5bf1b3a54e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2464828_iwilldeclaremyassetspubliclybuhari20150531084337_jpeg3bd039b61769cbf4f77ec6ba5a354a26

PhockPhockMan:
But Buhari, in the document titled, ‘I pledge to Nigeria’ had also said that all his political appointees would only earn salaries and allowances as prescribed by the Revenue and Mobilisation and Fiscal Allocation Commission.

He said, “I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees publicly declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment. All political appointees will only earn the salaries and allowances determined by the RMFAC. I pledge, as Commander-in-Chief, to lead from the front and not behind in the comfort and security of Aso Rock, to boost the morale of fighting forces and the generality of all Nigerians.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-vp-fail-to-declare-assets-publicly/

5 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 03, 2017
dragonking3:
They took all of GEJ policies and claim it is buhari own grin

GEJ is greater than all the Buharis put together tongue

Did you notice it is 9 ways not 10 ways cheesy

Useless government

4 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by sekundosekundo: 1:39pm On Mar 03, 2017
Iamwrath:
Buhari is God sent
Period!
Until I hear from village and mkt women.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by berrystunn(m): 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2017
Lie again and die

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2017
Sai baba

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by freeborn76(m): 1:43pm On Mar 03, 2017
ok
Re: 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency by anonimi: 1:44pm On Mar 03, 2017
sekundosekundo:
Baba chir will be laughing at this post.

.........and Buratai. grin grin

General Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment As Chief Of Army Staff

General Tukur Yusuf Buratai bought a second choice property in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, days after his appointment as Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS), an investigation by SaharaReporters has revealed.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/27/general-buratai-bought-second-dubai-property-days-after-appointment-chief-army-staff

More Details Emerge On Nigeria Chief Of Army Staff General Buratai’s Dubai Properties

An ongoing investigation by SaharaReporters into properties acquired in Dubai by Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Tukur Buratai, has revealed more details about the officer’s real estate acquisitions estimated at N160 million at the minimum.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/09/more-details-emerge-nigeria-chief-army-staff-general-buratai%E2%80%99s-dubai-properties

[img]http://madukovich.files./2015/10/buratai-doing-push-ups-with-soldiers-in-the.jpeg[/img]

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Brings Succour To Nigerian Airways Pensioners / Amosun Deserves Our Sympathy - Ogun APC / Governor Zulum Uses Quran To Curse Those Diverting IDP’s Items In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.