Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,008 members, 7,838,527 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills (31996 Views)

Common Vocabulary Mistakes / Ten Tips To Improve Your Vocabulary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by Fuadeiza(m): 9:01pm On Mar 04, 2017
yesboss20:

You have defined your problem and in there lies the solution - get a crowd that would upgrade your grammar and one in which you could try out new words.

From experience, I used to try out those words with the same crowd I rolled with but never quite got inspired to move further. I resolved to writing them down in a book, with their synonyms/meanings and studying them periodically. That helped commit them into memory.

Regards,
Yesboss!

i'll try that... Thanks.... Yessboss!
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by Phunkyposh(f): 8:08am On Mar 06, 2017
shumuel:

I am glad you considered it worthy, and the link you added is also a good starting point, thanks a lot.
you welcome
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by shumuel(m): 8:58am On Mar 06, 2017
Phunkyposh:
you welcome

Yeah, thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by airminem(f): 9:15am On Mar 06, 2017
I Know Must Of You After Readings Comment Will Include Literature& Movies Sectn In Your View Topic.
Nice One OP, I Learn Too From Vast Areas Like Movies, Books Novels E,t C
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by shumuel(m): 11:52am On Mar 31, 2017
airminem:
I Know Must Of You After Readings Comment Will Include Literature& Movies Sectn In Your View Topic.
Nice One OP, I Learn Too From Vast Areas Like Movies, Books Novels E,t C

Yeah, season films always have a pack of them.
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by airminem(f): 12:36pm On Mar 31, 2017
shumuel:

Yeah, season films always have a pack of them.
Alright, Thank You
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by meobizy(f): 9:35am On Oct 22, 2018
These ideas look like suggestions I’ve typed down in older comments. They are a hundred percent accurate.
My only problem is I can learn words but if I don’t put them to use frequently I quickly forget everything — a normal problem of the human brain.
It’s best to learn and forget than to never discover in the first place.
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by meobizy(f): 9:40am On Oct 22, 2018
lonelydora:
3650 words per year when I'm not Hon. Patrick Obaighbon(spell check) or writing IELTS or GRE. grin
That is a very small number. I’m sure I learn that in only a month.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards - 2019/2020 / What A Phd Is And What It Is Not / Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.