Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/03/17 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/03/17 (678 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/03/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 28/03/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 15/03/17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/03/17 by dallyemmy: 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SATURDAY 4 MARCH 2017

THEME: IS JESUS IN YOUR BOAT?

Memorise:

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Read: Matthew 8:23-27, Psalm 37:3-5

23 And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him.

24 And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep.

25 And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish.

26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

27 But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

Psalm 37:3-5
3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

5 Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Have you ever been on a journey and the opposition against your progress was so intense that you felt you would never get to your destination? If your answer is yes, then know that you are not alone. Life is like embarking on a journey to a destination. Every trip has its obstacles and hurdles. While on a journey, the disciples of Jesus once found themselves in this kind of tough situation. It was so bad that they felt their boat was going to sink. In fact, water was already entering their boat, and going by all they saw, it appeared nothing could be done. If you are facing a similar situation today, simply make this confession to yourself: my boat cannot sink, I shall reach my goal and nothing can stop my trip!

Why will my boat not sink? The reason is because Jesus Christ is in the boat of my life. Nobody and nothing can “swallow the ship where lies the Master of ocean and earth and skies”, a song-writer declared. The greatest mistake you can make is to embark on a journey without Jesus in your boat. It is important to note here that you should have Jesus Christ in the boat of your life, which you can do by receiving Him as your Lord and personal Saviour. In addition to this, you should also have Him in the boat of your endeavours. Do you know that if Jesus is in the boat of your life but not in the boat of your personal endeavours, these projects or plans can sink? Many believers today take it for granted that because they are saved, automatically they will scale through any rough waters, including projects in which they never involved the Lord. This is not faith but presumption. If you are a believer in Christ and you go ahead to start a business, a home or a career without God’s involvement, you are on your own. This is why the memory verse of today says you should trust God and not depend on your own limited understanding. Even when Jesus appears to be asleep in your boat, as long as He is in your boat, He is still in control. Hence Psalm 121:4 says,

“Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

Is God silent over your situation? Does it appear that He is unaware of what you are going through? Do you feel abandoned by God or even doubt whether He really loves you? Be comforted! God still loves you. He cares so much for you. He empathises with you in that present situation you are faced with, and He will surely make a way for you. In spite of how you feel, God is still in control. In spite of how distant God appears to be, God is right in the middle of your situation to bring you out. It does not matter what is happening around you, the Lord is in control. Very soon, you will testify of His intervention.

Key Point:

Any Faith you exercise that is full of hope and great expectations but puts Jesus at the back burner is presumption and not faith.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 32-33 and Isaiah 49:24-50:11

AUTHOR: Pastor E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 4: THROUGH THE LOVE OF GOD OUR SAVIOUR

1 Through the love of God our Saviour,
all will be well.
Free and changeless is his favour,
all, all is well.
Precious is the blood that healed us,
perfect is the grace that sealed us,
strong the hand stretched forth to shield us,
all must be well.

2 Though we pass through tribulation,
all will be well.
Ours is such a full salvation,
all, all is well.
Happy, still in God confiding,
fruitful, if in Christ abiding,
holy, through the Spirit’s guiding,
all must be well.

3 We expect a bright tomorrow,
all will be well.
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
'All, all is well.'
On our Father’s love relying,
Jesus every need supplying,
in our living, in our dying,
all must be well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/03/17 by femoint007(m): 7:01am On Mar 04, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens, ( Saturday, March 4th, 2017) - IS JESUS IN YOUR BOAT? 1.Lord Jesus, you are the Alpha and the Omega; the first and the last; the beginning and the end; the saviour of the world. 2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, have mercy and forgive me. 3.Father, give me the grace to trust in you, rather than, lean on my own understanding. 4.I decree and declare, that the boat of my life will not sink, because, Jesus, is in my boat. 5.Father, any journey that you will not follow me, please, don't let me embark on it. 6.Father, arise, and silence every raging storm in my life. 7.Father, step into my life and turn every seemingly, hopeless situation around for good, in Jesus' name. 8.Father, go ahead of me and straighten every crooked path, in Jesus' name. 9.Father, let every obstacle, roadblock and opposition against my progress in life, be dismantled and scattered, in Jesus' name. 10.Father, come and make my life your permanent place of abode, in Jesus' name. 11.Father, let every expectation of the enemies concerning my life, come to null and void, in Jesus' name. 12.Your Personal Petitions. (Philippians 4:6) 13.In Jesus' name I pray. (John 15:16) 14.Thank you Father for answered prayers. (1 Thessalonians 5:18). #GodBlessOurNation

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/03/17 by dallyemmy: 7:17am On Mar 04, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens, ( Saturday, March 4th, 2017) - IS JESUS IN YOUR BOAT?

1.Lord Jesus, you are the Alpha and the Omega; the first and the last; the beginning and the end; the saviour of the world.

2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, have mercy and forgive me.

3.Father, give me the grace to trust in you, rather than, lean on my own understanding.

4.I decree and declare, that the boat of my life will not sink, because, Jesus, is in my boat.

5.Father, any journey that you will not follow me, please, don't let me embark on it.

6.Father, arise, and silence every raging storm in my life.

7.Father, step into my life and turn every seemingly, hopeless situation around for good, in Jesus' name.

8.Father, go ahead of me and straighten every crooked path, in Jesus' name.

9.Father, let every obstacle, roadblock and opposition against my progress in life, be dismantled and scattered, in Jesus' name.

10.Father, come and make my life your permanent place of abode, in Jesus' name.

11.Father, let every expectation of the enemies concerning my life, come to null and void, in Jesus' name.

12.Your Personal Petitions.
(Philippians 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.
(John 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

(1) (Reply)

Ever Wondered If There's Evidence Of Black Africans In The Bible / !anita Oyakhilome: Beware Of Fake Soul-winning Pastors / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/05/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.