Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage (34754 Views)

Electricity Workers Threaten Strike, Nationwide Power Outage Looms / Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos / Ikeja Electric Announces Planned Power Outage On Friday (9th December) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by SBG04: 8:54pm On Mar 03, 2017
Point of correction, mainland minus Surulere grin
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Malawian(m): 8:58pm On Mar 03, 2017
Evinsco:
The management of Ikeja Electric (IE) has announced a planned one-month interruption in power supply to some areas within its network to enable maintenance work.

Mr Felix Ofulue, the company’s Spokesman, told newsmen on Friday, March 3, in Lagos that the interruption would take place from March 6 to April 4.

Ofulue said the outage was to enable the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) to carry out routine work on the Ikeja West Transmission Station.

He said that Ojodu, Magodo, Alausa, Oke-Afa, Bolorunpelu, Egbe, Igando, Shasha, Ipaja, Alimosho, Agege, Egbeda and Abesan would experience power outage during the period.

According to the spokesman, other areas to be affected include Ayetoro, Abule-Taylor, Ogba, Ifako, Shomolu, Gbagada, Oworonshoki, Ogudu, Isheri-Olowora, Berger, Anthony and Otta.

“ We are appealing to consumers to bear with the company during the maintenance work. The maintenance will enhance improved service delivery,”he said.

Source:- www.naij.com/1091715-ikeja-electric-announces-month-power-outage.html
How many area remain?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by pokipoki: 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2017
princetunex:
Just one question... Are we still going to pay for that one month?
I think so. We have been paying for sunlight in my hood since beginning of the year!!

1 Like

Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Vicolan: 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2017
thinkdip:
Jesu, one month ke? This is the one Jesus called "It is finished"

Na real Opari ooo
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by chronique(m): 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2017
Ok. Fuel 3k a night for 8hrs x 30days = 90k. To manage light for 4hrs a day, would amount to 45k a month. I'm crying already. Just when I thought my fuel expenses was reducing due to the improvement in power supply during February... God, take control.
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 03, 2017
SERIOUSLY, I WAN ASK WOH, THIS LIGHT ISSUE, IN MY AREA ON AVERAGE WE GET 9-10 HOURS OF LIGHT DAILY. WHICH I THINK IS OK considering dis is NIGERIA. This people complaining do YOU GUYS GET LIKE 24 hours light a day or what
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by ceejay80s(m): 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2017
....and we are mot paying for that one month
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2017
chronique:
Ok. Fuel 3k a night for 8hrs x 30days = 90k. To manage light for 4hrs a day, would amount to 45k a month. I'm crying already. Just when I thought my fuel expenses was reducing due to the improvement in power supply during February... God, take control.
da hell dude, i spend only 9k a month when i on my gen every single day for 30 days at 4 hours a day. With Fridge and everything. just what kind gen do you have

2 Likes

Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by sleeknick: 9:10pm On Mar 03, 2017
Abeg any nairalander house around agege wey get generator wia i fit come dey charge phone? Abeg i ho join buy fuel... cry
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Ifedinho08(m): 9:21pm On Mar 03, 2017
Evinsco:
The management of Ikeja Electric (IE) has announced a planned one-month interruption in power supply to some areas within its network to enable maintenance work.

Mr Felix Ofulue, the company’s Spokesman, told newsmen on Friday, March 3, in Lagos that the interruption would take place from March 6 to April 4.

Ofulue said the outage was to enable the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) to carry out routine work on the Ikeja West Transmission Station.

He said that Ojodu, Magodo, Alausa, Oke-Afa, Bolorunpelu, Egbe, Igando, Shasha, Ipaja, Alimosho, Agege, Egbeda and Abesan would experience power outage during the period.

According to the spokesman, other areas to be affected include Ayetoro, Abule-Taylor, Ogba, Ifako, Shomolu, Gbagada, Oworonshoki, Ogudu, Isheri-Olowora, Berger, Anthony and Otta.

“ We are appealing to consumers to bear with the company during the maintenance work. The maintenance will enhance improved service delivery,”he said.

guess I should start preparing for the dry season. I need extra power bank.. Abeg how much them they sell PowerBank for your area
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by ceejay80s(m): 9:21pm On Mar 03, 2017
nextstep:
Then they will bring a bill in April for March's electricity supply abi. grin
Let me catch anybody bringing me bill next month!

Just hang tortoise with red cloth on ur nepa pole, dem no born anybody well to climb
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by chronique(m): 9:22pm On Mar 03, 2017
Jiang:

da hell dude, i spend only 9k a month when i on my gen every single day for 30 days at 4 hours a day. With Fridge and everything. just what kind gen do you have

Bros, I done tire for the gen. It's a big gen quite alright but the fuel consumption is what I don't understand. I've changed the carburetor but still same thing.
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 03, 2017
Evinsco:

Hope no billing for that month.
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by IMASTEX: 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2017
thinkdip:
Jesu, one month ke?
This is the one Jesus called "It is finished"
Lol. . .you are not serious!
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by niggi4life(m): 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2017
Jiang:

Hey dude, there is no way you can spend 9K monthly on fuel for 30days, on a 4hour daily basis and even you said switching on your refrigerator as well, do your maths, it's not possible, except you are using your pee to subside it.
The other dude is averagely right by saying 3K a day. I myself use an average of 2K daily and that's excluding weekends. Do you realise a litre of fuel is 145Naira now

1 Like

Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by des4ella(m): 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2017
Just hope una no carry electric bill come at the end of the month angry grin embarassed undecided
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 03, 2017
chronique:

Bros, I done tire for the gen. It's a big gen quite alright but the fuel consumption is what I don't understand. I've changed the carburetor but still same thing.

Better change that thing unless you have like 3 ACs, & 2 deep freezers in which case a diesel engine might be more suitable
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by princetom1(m): 9:30pm On Mar 03, 2017
Afam4eva:
No be the entire mainland be that?

One month? Make dem kukuma kill us.

Funniest thing to happen is, they will still bring Bill for those not using prepaid metre. Is time people start suing all these company ... madness
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by akigbemaru: 9:31pm On Mar 03, 2017
One month power outage!
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 03, 2017
niggi4life:
Hey dude, there is no way you can spend 9K monthly on fuel for 30days, on a 4hour daily basis and even you said switching on your refrigerator as well, do your maths, it's not possible, except you are using your pee to subside it.
The other dude is averagely right by saying 3K a day. I myself use an average of 2K daily and that's excluding weekends. Do you realise a litre of fuel is 145Naira now

Very possible, i have one of those Tec 2.5 KVA, being using it for almost 4 years now.
I buy fuel at 141-140 per litre, 30 litres at a time. Every single use consumes on average 2-2.5 litres daily. so one gallon takes me 2days & a few hours.

Now if i switch to my small gen " better pass my neighbor" I only need 1.5 litres of fuel for 5 hours daily. My LCD, laptop, 2-3 fans & lots of those white bulbs
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by chronique(m): 9:37pm On Mar 03, 2017
Jiang:

Better change that thing unless you have like 3 ACs, & 2 deep freezers in which case a diesel engine might be more suitable

Diesel? I don't even go near that one. It hasn't been turned on in over 5yrs... Nobody has the strength for that. I'm stuck with this machine cos cost of buying a new one now of that size, is quiet expensive.

1 Like

Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by greatman247(m): 9:41pm On Mar 03, 2017
princetunex:

For that period no bill is going to come na. Did you use electricity that you are expected to pay for? These people are bunch of fools even with that long wait by the people there is never going to be an improvement on their services. No guarantee. Ikeja Electric is worst I have ever seen.
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 03, 2017
chronique:

Diesel? I don't even go near that one. It hasn't been turned on in over 5yrs... Nobody has the strength for that. I'm stuck with this machine cos cost of buying a new one now of that size, is quiet expensive.

But will be better in the long run. 45k monthly plenty woh
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Babsnip: 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2017
Osinbanjo. ..Wehdone Sir!!
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 03, 2017
A month-long maintenance on critical infrastructure such as power, if there's any SME in that axis already neck deep on this recession, you now add this power burden, the poor entrepreneur would just shut down and rest. So much for ease of doing business.
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Duru009(m): 9:52pm On Mar 03, 2017
Buhari has finally finish us!!!!
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by hermosa7: 9:53pm On Mar 03, 2017
Afam4eva:
No be the entire mainland be that?

One month? Make dem kukuma kill us.

I don't think it means there won't be power for the said period.
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Yyeske(m): 9:53pm On Mar 03, 2017
Too bad but good enough, some nonsense spewing kids on nairaland go reduce for one month
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by SaintNemesis(f): 9:53pm On Mar 03, 2017
Why the Announcement? We haven't light since last year October. Everyone on my street have two gen sets. A big one to power light in the day and a small ''I better pass my neighbour to sleep till morning..so ride on. We don't care.
Thank GOD for Fashola who saved us from paying fixed charges. Otherwise whenever light comes we would have been paying thousands in fixed charges.
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by erico2k2(m): 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2017
princetunex:
U dey ask question you already know the answer.
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Maximus85(m): 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2017
Evinsco:

If it won't mean that we'll be having steady power supply after this so-called maintenance rubbish... It's inconsequential to us. And I hope no animal will bring any stupid bill to my house. Cos, I go break pesin head oooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Will Set Nigeria Ablaze In 2019 - President Buhari / Anambra Election: Soludo Wins Own Polling Unit / Tinubu Summons Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.