Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo (13632 Views)

How Buhari Stopped Osinbajo From Assigning Portfolios To New Ministers / Osinbajo Meets With Religious & Community Leaders Over Kaduna Crisis (Photos) / Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by jetroolowole(m): 6:29am On Mar 04, 2017
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has said that drastic measures were needed to stop the lingering crisis in Southern Kaduna, saying that the crisis has the capacity of consuming everyone if not halted.

To realize the objective, Osinbajo said that a process of reconciliation and peace building has to commence where every aggrieved individual or group would be listened to before bringing all the parties together.

The Acting president spoke in Kaduna yesterday where he had gone to inspect the level of work at the Kaduna airport where air traffic had been diverted to ahead of the closure of Nnamdi Azikwe International airport, Abuja next week.

Speaking at a stakeholders meeting which fell on the sidelines of his visit, Osinabjo stated that the mindless killings, violence and the spread of hate were not panaceas to the problems on the ground.

The Acting President however emphatically told the gathering which had the State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai, representatives of the religious bodies, traditional institutions and ethnic groups as well representatives of Fulani community in attendance that there were no quick fixes to the problems as the enmity and the hatred had permeated.

Revealing that he had been briefed, accompanied with different reports he had read on the matter, the Nigerian leader said he was still studying the issues to enable him broker a lasting solution.

He said: “I will like to begin a discussion on the very terrible crisis that has gone on for a while in Southern Kaduna. Let me say first that there is no question at all that many have suffered, families have lost loved ones, a lot of blood-letting has taken place in Southern Kaduna in the past few weeks and I want to express my sincere condolence to all of those who have lost families and friends and who have been traumatized by the terrible things that have been going on in Southern Kaduna in the past few months.

“But I must say there’s no question whatsoever that violence would never stop any of the problems we are experiencing today, there’s no way we will resolve it that way. On this matter I have read documents; quite a few of the reports, as a matter of fact, I have tried very hard to study the crisis in Southern Kaduna, personally, I have read quite a few documents including reports of past crises.

Recently, I have taken briefings from the service chiefs a couple of days ago on what is going and since I got in today, I am also taking briefing from some of the senior officials of the armed forces and state security.

“And I want to say that I don’t want us to be in a hurry, I am certainly not in a hurry because I don’t believe that a crisis where there is so much blood letting and hatred over the years can be resolved by a couple of meetings. No, I don’t believe that is possible. “I have talked to his Excellency the governor, that what I would like to achieve is not a quick fix but I want us to begin a process and I want to be a part of that process that will listen to each group separately and then get everyone together.

The Acting president however promised to convene meetings with representatives of CAN, JNI, MACBAN and other stakeholders separately.

Fielding questions from journalists earlier on the diversion of air traffic to Kaduna, Osinbanjo said that all stakeholders had been duly sensitized.

He said, “We are here to inspect the progress of work at Kaduna Airport because we deserve the temporal substitute for Abuja airport for both local and international flights.

In his opening remarks, Governor el-Rufai vowed to bring the the instigators and perpetrators of the killings in the last 37 years to justice. He revealed that some suspected individuals were not invited to the meeting so as no to give them a clean bill of health.

“Ladies and gentlemen that we invited here, I will like to say that you are here on the invitation of the Vice President. There are some who were not invited for the reasons that they know, because we suspect they are behind some of these problems and we do not intend as state government to give legitimacy to anyone under investigation for being behind some of these problems”, he said.

Also speaking, the CAN Chairman, Bishop George Dodo, Agwan Atakad, representative of the JNI, Alhaji Sanusi Maikudi and National Assistant Secretary of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, Ibrahim Abdullahi put the violence squarely on 2011 post-election crisis even as they tried to proffer solutions.

While CAN chairman, Rev. George Dodo lamented that those behind the arrest were yet to be arrested, the Representative of JNI in Kaduna State, Alhaji Sanusi Maikudi said that failure to act on the recommendations of commissions of inquiry was also fueling the crisis.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/southern-kaduna-crisisll-consume-everyone-killingsre-not-stopped-osinbajo/

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by Redoil: 6:30am On Mar 04, 2017
El rufia once said god will punish any body or soldiers that will kill any fulani that commit serious offence. Buhari and his minions of perdition must stop these evils they are pouring on nigeria or it will consume them.
If you believe buhari is a mistake click like
If you believe osinbanjo will not be a mistake click share

83 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by LordIsaac(m): 6:30am On Mar 04, 2017
Tell them sir...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by jetroolowole(m): 6:35am On Mar 04, 2017
LordIsaac:
Tell them sir...
Including the governor

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by DavSagacity(m): 6:37am On Mar 04, 2017
ok
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:38am On Mar 04, 2017
Now am beginning to feel that we have a president in this country. cool God bless you sir, though not your fan, but you are and will always be better than the daura thing.

Let wait and see how he will come back and destroy everything you have suffer to put in place, that's if he will ever come back o.

18 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 04, 2017
I Think dix man has sumfin 2 offer dis Great Country...Ride on AG Presido the Lord is ur strength

9 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by EmeeNaka: 6:53am On Mar 04, 2017
It's government responsibility to protect the citizens as enshrined in the Constitution. The Southern Kaduna crisis has continued to claim lives because the govt would not carry out their constitutional responsibility as regard the protection of lives and properties. The reason we have Security forces is not only to prevent crisis but to quell it. There is no better solution to crisis in Nigeria than for govt to live up to their constitutional responsibilities. All these peace making effort should come after govt has done their part in securing lives and bringing perpetrators of the killings to justice.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by fowosh: 6:59am On Mar 04, 2017
I think he has a vision

3 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by omowolewa: 7:10am On Mar 04, 2017
Govr El-Rufai him self has some sres to settle. I wish them well

jetroolowole:
CAN chairman, Rev. George Dodo lamented that those behind the arrest were yet to be arrested, the Representative of JNI in Kaduna State, Alhaji Sanusi Maikudi said that failure to act on the recommendations of commissions of inquiry was also fueling the crisis.

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by CplusJason: 7:17am On Mar 04, 2017
Buhari and his son El-rufai will not be happy to hear this. grin

Osinbande is better than Buhari the mistake. cool

8 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by Kingspin(m): 7:18am On Mar 04, 2017
Personally, anytime I hear "the North" first thing that usually come to my mind is a place of mindless killing, destruction and civilian war. The South Kaduna issue are like many other little but biggest challenge facing Nigeria unity. The bottom line remains there is no equal rights and justice for all in Nigeria, until then. We must at both Federal, and state/local government level differentiate between criminality and religion. The government should as a matter of deviation engage the North by way of development agenda rather than hate wars that is prevalent in the state. The sincerity for peace by both parties involved to end this crisis in Kaduna or elsewhere across Nigeria will be most successful especially by punishing perpetrators.

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by digoster(m): 7:29am On Mar 04, 2017
Nice 1 mr president
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 04, 2017
“I have talked to his Excellency the governor, that what I would
like to achieve is not a quick fix but I want us
to begin a process and I want to be a part of
that process that will listen to each group
separately and then get everyone together."

I like this, ride on Mr. Active President!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by Shortyy(f): 10:54am On Mar 04, 2017
It definitely won't consume me
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by wins18(m): 10:55am On Mar 04, 2017
peace is the ultimate
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 04, 2017
This is an empirical example of how a country should be led.
Prof. Sir you are raising our spirits again. More power to your elbow.

3 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by MrMcJay(m): 10:56am On Mar 04, 2017
Since the time Buhari left, the daily actions of Osinbajo gives me hope that Nigeria has a bright future.

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by MckOBEY(m): 10:57am On Mar 04, 2017
How e go take consume me now??
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by MckOBEY(m): 10:58am On Mar 04, 2017
wins18:
hj
after 'h' na 'j' abi?

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by Charly68: 10:59am On Mar 04, 2017
This is how a father should act ...No biased mind against any of the warring parties ..Hear them & bring them together to counsel them and resolve every conflict

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by lordcornel(m): 10:59am On Mar 04, 2017
Better presido. No more V in ur name. Just P

I here by swear for u as d president of this great nation. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by jaymejate: 11:00am On Mar 04, 2017
THE REAL CHANGE IS HERE

Original change received by me
Signed
Osinbajo
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by Flexherbal(m): 11:00am On Mar 04, 2017
Charly68:
This is how a father should act ...No biased mind against any of the warring parties ..Hear them & bring them together to counsel them and resolve every conflict
Yea!

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by Dannidom(m): 11:01am On Mar 04, 2017
Obj is talkin 2 much lately... Is he campaigning for 2019
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by okonja(m): 11:02am On Mar 04, 2017
Nice one from PYO cool
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by wins18(m): 11:04am On Mar 04, 2017
MckOBEY:

after 'h' na 'j' abi?
na so dem teach you for school abi? grin
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 04, 2017
Shortyy:
It definitely won't consume me
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo by sekundosekundo: 11:06am On Mar 04, 2017
Apple1992:
Now am beginning to feel that we have a president in this country. cool God bless you sir, though not your fan, but you are and will always be better than the daura thing.

Let wait and see how he will come back and destroy everything you have suffer to put in place, that's if he will ever come back o.

It is very clear now that the cabals Aisha was talking about never allowed this man to function.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Receives APC Defectors In Taraba / Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) / Tinubu Arrives Dutse, Jigawa For APC Presidential Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.