Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,157 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Nigerians Need To Stop Blaming Corruption For Everything- Acting President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Need To Stop Blaming Corruption For Everything- Acting President (752 Views)

Nigerians Blast Dankwambo For Mocking Buhari For Blaming The Youths / Gowon Yakubu Blast Buhari: Stop Blaming Corruption And Face Reality / Gowon Yakubu Blast Buhari: Stop Blaming Corruption And Face Reality, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Need To Stop Blaming Corruption For Everything- Acting President by Debforreal: 7:45am On Mar 04, 2017
Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, has called on Nigerians to stop finger-pointing and look for solutions to corruption in the economy. He spoke at the National Dialogue on Corruption with the theme: “The Limitless Ramifications of Corruption”, at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa on Thursday. According to him, corruption is systematic in Nigeria. “There’s no question at all, and it affects all segments of the society. It affects the religious, it affects agencies and civil society groups. There’s no one in our nation that can say he/she is not in one way or the other, not necessarily being complicit! but at least under some influence of or some of the implications of corruption. “So, I think we should leave the finger-pointing because the finger- pointing is unhelpful. What’s important is that we recognise that there’s a major problem ?here. “What I’d like us to do, if possible, in the course of this dialogue, is to look at ?models that have worked elsewhere and see whether they are somewhat applicable here. “The truth of the matter is that there is nothing peculiar about the Nigerian citizen or the Nigerian type. Corruption thrives where it is allowed to thrive, and there are many societies that have found themselves in worse circumstances than Nigeria and have somehow managed to solve their problems.” [url] http://debland.ml/2017/03/51/ [/url]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Need To Stop Blaming Corruption For Everything- Acting President by RealLordZeus(m): 7:47am On Mar 04, 2017
Is he for real
Re: Nigerians Need To Stop Blaming Corruption For Everything- Acting President by ShobayoEmma(m): 7:47am On Mar 04, 2017
Well in my opinion i don't think pumping our foreign reserve out anyhow is the way forward. I think letting the naira to earn its own value itself is the answer.
Re: Nigerians Need To Stop Blaming Corruption For Everything- Acting President by nrexzy: 7:52am On Mar 04, 2017
If only buhari was around...
Re: Nigerians Need To Stop Blaming Corruption For Everything- Acting President by newbornmacho(m): 7:52am On Mar 04, 2017
The useless Buhari needs this lecture more than everyone else. His inability to analyze things properly, barking like a rabid dog at everyone with money outside APC caused this recession in large part. People hoarded their hard currency loot and upended the naira's situation. If the VP said this then kudos. Buhari has become as I expected, one of the worst leaders of this country ever.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Need To Stop Blaming Corruption For Everything- Acting President by Nutase: 8:03am On Mar 04, 2017
We are only doing what you guys taught us wink
Re: Nigerians Need To Stop Blaming Corruption For Everything- Acting President by TPAND(f): 8:08am On Mar 04, 2017
Osinbajo you are just waking up.

Without a doubt it was the bandwagon of pleasing Buhari and other APC stalwart that made Osinbajo back then blame corruption on past administrations and GEJ for failures.

I hope those hopeless youth here on Nairaland take a cue from this

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Need To Stop Blaming Corruption For Everything- Acting President by 2016v2017: 8:14am On Mar 04, 2017
TPAND:
Osinbajo you are just waking up.

Without a doubt it was the bandwagon of pleasing Buhari and other APC stalwart that made Osinbajo back then blame corruption of past administrations and GEJ for failures.

I hope those hopeless youth here on Nairaland take a cue from this
Re: Nigerians Need To Stop Blaming Corruption For Everything- Acting President by Emycord: 8:14am On Mar 04, 2017
But na una apc start am now
Re: Nigerians Need To Stop Blaming Corruption For Everything- Acting President by dumie(f): 8:33am On Mar 04, 2017
Apportioning blame to everyone and everything except himself was Buhari's style of governance

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Need To Stop Blaming Corruption For Everything- Acting President by ZZ22: 8:56am On Mar 04, 2017
Hmm Osibanjo talking tough lately cuz his boss is now a vegetable
Re: Nigerians Need To Stop Blaming Corruption For Everything- Acting President by oyinkinola: 9:35am On Mar 04, 2017
Debforreal:
Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo,
has called on Nigerians to stop
finger-pointing and look for
solutions to corruption in the
economy.
He spoke at the National Dialogue
on Corruption with the theme:
“The Limitless Ramifications of
Corruption”, at the Aso Rock
Presidential Villa on Thursday.
According to him, corruption is
systematic in Nigeria.
“There’s no question at all, and it
affects all segments of the society.
It affects the religious, it affects
agencies and civil society groups.
There’s no one in our nation that
can say he/she is not in one way
or the other, not necessarily being
complicit! but at least under some
influence of or some of the
implications of corruption.
“So, I think we should leave the
finger-pointing because the
finger- pointing is unhelpful.
What’s important is that we
recognise that there’s a major
problem ?here.
“What I’d like us to do, if possible,
in the course of this dialogue, is to
look at ?models that have worked
elsewhere and see whether they
are somewhat applicable here.
“The truth of the matter is that
there is nothing peculiar about the
Nigerian citizen or the Nigerian
type. Corruption thrives where it
is allowed to thrive, and there are
many societies that have found
themselves in worse
circumstances than Nigeria and
have somehow managed to solve
their problems.”
[url] http://debland.ml/2017/03/51/ [/url]
....Dear sir my solution is to strike out money and replace it with time tender...#TimeLegalTender as simple as that!
Re: Nigerians Need To Stop Blaming Corruption For Everything- Acting President by Blackfire(m): 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2017
this man seems to have more functional medulla than Holly mallam.
Re: Nigerians Need To Stop Blaming Corruption For Everything- Acting President by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 04, 2017
This is what CHANGE looks like..... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy PYO is moving forward cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians Need To Stop Blaming Corruption For Everything- Acting President by Redoil: 1:08pm On Mar 04, 2017
Nutase:
We are only doing what you guys taught us wink
what did we teach you
Re: Nigerians Need To Stop Blaming Corruption For Everything- Acting President by Dannidom(m): 1:14pm On Mar 04, 2017
ghen ghen

(1) (Reply)

H.E. @atiku On A Courtesy Visit To The Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi / Fashola Replies Ambode To Makesure Publics Are Not Misled By Your Misstatements / Buhari’s Reign Will End Democracy In Nigeria – Prophet Iyunade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.