Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? (49881 Views)

Do You Still Doubt Nokia? Check Out The New Nokia 7.2 With Four Cameras / Xiao Wang Is Disabled, 7 Years After Selling His Kidney For IPhone 4 / Meet New Nokia 3310 With 3G Network That Cost Around N30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by cc77(m): 1:41pm On Mar 05, 2017
xenokite:
all except d name
nobody should patronize this scammer, his name is courage okoro oghenemaro and uses Eco bank. He is scammer.

1 Like

Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by essohjay1(m): 1:44pm On Mar 05, 2017
I have the year 2000 3310, which was bought for #38,000 then, for sale.....holla me on +2347032325498 and make your reasonable bid if interested. (You can reach me on whatsapp with the number)
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by crispyvick(f): 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
oh dis is d phone ma mum was telin me about nd she told me it is cheap.dis shld be a backup fone nida av it too
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by ApexTitan(m): 2:06pm On Mar 05, 2017
sirlop:

We keep hearing "these aren't real Nokias!" in reference to the Android-running trio. To that we'd like to say: that's not entirely true and it doesn't entirely matter either. Yes, technically, these are HMD phones wearing the Nokia brand. And, yes, they will be manufactured by Foxconn in India.

But here's the thing - each of the three feels as solid as True Nokia's Lumia phones did, the build quality has not gone down one iota. The Nokia 6 looks as beautiful as any flagship at the MWC (even though it isn't one itself), the Nokia 5 and 3 outshine many phones in their category.

Nokia MWC 2017
Plus, HMD is helmed by Arto Nummela - a former senior Nokia exec who joined the company in 1994. President of HMD is Florian Seiche, who has worked at Siemens, Orange, HTC and then Nokia. Many more former Nokia execs hold the top positions at HMD. That feels like Nokia enough to us.

So let the phones speak for themselves, regardless of who makes them. After all, iPhones are also made by Foxconn, but the bit that people care about is that "Designed in California" label at the back. Well, this trio bears all the hallmarks of the beloved Finnish design we used to love until the company jumped off a burning platform.

We think this time Nokia/HMD picked the right partner - Google. Microsoft wasn't ready in time, meanwhile Google has brought Android to a dominant 80% market share around the world. Stephen Elop was proven wrong - customizability did not prove to be Android's downfall.

So your reason of not made by Nokia doesn't hold water. They chose a more than competent manufacturer.

Actually, that wasn't Stephen's reason for not going with Android. The concern then was that Nokia would struggle to differentiate itself amongst the sea of android OEMs, this is something that still continues to plague Android phone makers to this day. Microsoft offered something different, a unique platform to build upon alas Microsoft's post-acquisition strategy for Windows phone was poorly executed and the whole platform suffered for this.

It will be interesting to see how Nokia's brand will fare going forward. Only very few OEMs are actually making a profit with Android, the competition is fierce in that space. The not-so-new comers like Xaomi and Oppo continue to eat into the market share of big brands like Samsung. I think Nokia will have to be very modest in its ambition if it's going to see any success under Android.
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by CellTabRepairs: 2:10pm On Mar 05, 2017
It's a nostalgic reinvention. 3310 made many of us rich...I kid you not. This feature analysis didn't include the hardware platform but of course we know there ain't gonna be MAD CPU, CCONT, CHAPS, et all. Good one!

Are you looking for a job?
Are you looking for a source of daily income stream? Look no further!. Lost your job? Retired? Tired of working for someone? Student, but need money source? Want to change business? LEARN SMARTPHONES REPAIRS Today! Very lucrative venture for anyone. Low startup capital - high RETURNS! In high demand! Your main CAPITAL IS KNOWLEDGE & SKILL! Now available through " Mobile Phones & Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners & Professionals " @Amazon marketplaces, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc. Everybody owns a phone today & that's an inexhaustible demand market! Join the winners!

Click My Name & View That Resource You Might Need!
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by scarr: 4:06pm On Mar 05, 2017
mida10:
My mum My dad
Lmao!
I could do a better paint job than that edited thing you pulled up their
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by sirlop(m): 5:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
ApexTitan:

Actually, that wasn't Stephen's reason for not going with Android. The concern then was that Nokia would struggle to differentiate itself amongst the sea of android OEMs, this is something that still continues to plague Android phone makers to this day. Microsoft offered something different, a unique platform to build upon alas Microsoft's post-acquisition strategy for Windows phone was poorly executed and the whole platform suffered for this.

It will be interesting to see how Nokia's brand will fare going forward. Only very few OEMs are actually making a profit with Android, the competition is fierce in that space. The not-so-new comers like Xaomi and Oppo continue to eat into the market share of big brands like Samsung. I think Nokia will have to be very modest in its ambition if it's going to see any success under Android.
U are right, but with a fantastic hardware, they can still compete with other manufacturers using Android OS. they made a big mistake not working with Android from the onset. OEM'S like Samsung wouldn't have seen their back, but they chose to be different and it cost them their business.
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by Sman37(m): 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2017
starmehigh:
If Nocare and HMD global wants me to purchase this phone they should give me an android version of this phone, maybe two version (1) full touch screen and (2) a T9 or QWERTY keyboard version
Don't mind Nokia they are still sleeping when we can buy android version of phones at 15k that can even last battery and with back flash light more to the 3310 eg Gionee!!
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by ApexTitan(m): 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2017
sirlop:

U are right, but with a fantastic hardware, they can still compete with other manufacturers using Android OS. they made a big mistake not working with Android from the onset. OEM'S like Samsung wouldn't have seen their back, but they chose to be different and it cost them their business.

Hmmm. I'm not so sure about that. Hardware alone is not a guaranty for success in this smartphone era, it may have been decisive in the early 2000s before the rise of smartphones but things have certainly changed. Now user experience, device performance, support and integration are just as crucial as hardware, maybe even more. Besides, there are some heavyweight OEMs with great build histories who have been with Android from the get-go who are still struggling painfully to this day; case in point - Sony.

I don't think moving to Windows was bad at the time, it was what Microsoft did afterwards that pretty much killed the platform.
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 05, 2017
The world's best and favourite phone...respek
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by djkirkoo2(m): 7:13am On Mar 06, 2017
stguymandspecie:

Small Pikin like u
Thank you my elder for asking big pikin question
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 06, 2017
djkirkoo2:
Thank you my elder for asking big pikin question

It's Monday d Saint Spares you. Go and sin no more.
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by charlesjohney3: 11:32am On Mar 06, 2017
Hello I'm 17, when i was more youthful I claimed a nokia 3310 and completely adored it, it was a stunning telephone and never let me down, now I'd love to get one again yet I'm concerned that I will look a bonehead xD, i cherish retro contraptions however. video production company - FlamingoVideo
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by mislay: 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2017
stanway:
if no be gionee no be fone #teamgionee
Abi ooo... grin grin grin
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 06, 2017
josephobaro:
Nokia 3310 the beast is back.

I will be here by the time u buy this phone for 25k and come back to complain how rubbish it is. I mean why the hype? Nokia have been making cheap phones with their series 30 os for yrs and nobody gave a damn. Now just because they named this one 3310 suddenly people become hyper lol. Do not expect it to be unbreakable as the old 3310 and don't expect the battery to last for 1 week. So they why are they selling this rubbish for $50 when there are better $20 phones out there. Jeez it doesn't even have 3g.
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by labellat: 5:47pm On Mar 07, 2017
Nokia 3, 5, & 6, Price, Similarities and Differences

March 4, 2017
HMD/Nokia is yet to make a smartphone considered as high range/flagship. However, this article will help you choose the best among the new Nokia phones.

HMD ran a completely untouched version of Android OS on New Nokia smartphone trio (6, 5 & 3). Which means you should expect them to run as fast as their processor could handle. If you’re interested in the trio, the experience will be the same like in Andriod one devices (nothing spectacular – they are devices with pure/unmodified Andriod OS). OS updates will be as quick as Google releases a patch/updates.

5 and 6 both has metal unibody, while the 3 is made of polycarbonate back. Although, it still has a metal frame running along its edges. The screen sizes reduces down the sibling: 6 has 5.5 inch; 5 has 5.2 inch; and 3 has 5.0. 6 and 5 have their fingerprint reader located at the front – the home button precisely.

Continue: https://7thhub.com/phone/nokia-3-5-6/
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by seun888: 10:03pm On Mar 09, 2017
if e no be the first 3310... biko am not buying.. and again i cant even use this new 3310 to stone someone fah.. rada rada latest 3310..
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by dadavivo: 12:48pm On Mar 10, 2017
essohjay1:
I have the year 2000 3310, which was bought for #38,000 then, for sale.....holla me on +2347032325498 and make your reasonable bid if interested. (You can reach me on whatsapp with the number)
pictures off you holding it with a pen across it, or we don't believe it
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? by essohjay1(m): 3:05pm On Mar 10, 2017
dadavivo:
pictures off you holding it with a pen across it, or we don't believe it

Speak for yourself nigga........

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whatsapp Is Now On Status / Brief History Of Tecno, Infinix, Itel And Their Owners - Techredirector / Dolphin Returns Woman's Phone After She Dropped It In Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.