Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army (2585 Views)

President Buhari To Embark On Medical Leave In April - Sahara Reporters / Fayose Absent At Buhari's Meeting With State Governors In Aso Rock / Rats Ate My Office, Says Absent Leader - South African Newspaper On Aso Rock Rat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 04, 2017
Why l go AWOL

I just realised that been a an AWOL /Deserter soldier earn no glory. It is a big offence in the army need to be treat and forgive.
I was enlisted on 25th Nov, 2014 and pass out May 22,2015.Deploy to a Div. We had just one and half Regimental course including 2weeks pass which some of us could not finished the three months course before 20 out of 50 of us posted there,were selected to go northeast. Little did I know that we are going to war zone in northeast which everything became clear when we arrived at Task Force Brigade headquarter in Northeast. A colleague of mine wanted to run away which everybody persuaded him to stay after contacted his family who was later killed in the battlefield during our contact with the enemy. I never thought of leaving the army during those times we were fighting in the task force battalion .
Luckily, I got selected to join those going to another location when the police unit station there run away because of Boko Haram. Many Thought that those of us selected are going on a suicide mission of no return because of the rumour of Boko Haram invasion on the terrace but it turned out to be the safe haven for those of us that went there, we are there till date.
My AWOL was caused due to frustration beyond my control though I never speak to the two officers/ any soldiers about it before I suddenly disappeared. Those of us who came from my former Task Force Battalion to the new location received our last operational allowances end of May and was stopped,reaching 5 months some were paid but l and another soldier were not paid, those that are paid, some are making mockery of us and others giving us false hope.One morning l complained to the clerk only to be shun at, though I am the least soldier and most junior soldier in the camp, l couldn't meet the O.C to complain.during this period l also couldn't remember when I go pass last as it running to 5months, precisely my last pass was in early June. All these with family and personal problems started given me a traumatic stress which only what l could think of was to go out of the army. During these period l sick and was admitted at the brigade headquarter MRS which landed me 4 to 6 big and small drips altogether into my body and some drugs/ injections because since we went to Bara l'm station at the kitchen as a cook.before l was removed there.
I was in full sorrow for my life because I thought l chooses want was not good for me. My thoughts of going AWOL came when I was fully devastated all these thinking which makes me to dropped my army things (Riffle, ammunitions, ID, and uniform on my bed in my tent) issue to me and left.
I thought I was free until recently l realize AWOL in the army an offence and a bad reputation.
Iam deciding to Turn Myself In even if army are not looking for me. My operational allowance started coming in after l left but I couldn't get those paid to my other colleagues from the same task force battalion soldiers during when they resumed the payment in bulk at the brigade that prompted me to go AWOL.
Can the army temper justice with mercy if I turn myself in?, because I didn't know the rate of these offences as I am just two(2)years in service, and all my army life was in this operation ground with nothing in the Barrack, no room or property which all our Colleagues in the barrack had done for long and some married.
It is unfortunate l find myself in this situation as l was not charge or lock in the guardroom before .
Please l want Officers and soldiers in the house to advice me what to do,l want to turn myself in, how to go about this issue and if military police lawyer can be of good help.Note:it is close to 4months of my AWOL now from the battlefield, l'm not suffering out here but leaving army this way is what I want to correct.
What advice do you have for as l fully thinking how to go about this whole issue.?
It was frustration that make me to did all of these things.
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Pierocash(m): 11:25am On Mar 04, 2017
contact a lawyer to stand for u

1 Like

Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 04, 2017
NoLotty:
Why l go AWOL

I just realised that been a an AWOL /Deserter soldier earn no glory. It is a big offence in the army need to be treat and forgive.
I was enlisted on 25th Nov, 2014 and pass out May 22,2015.Deploy to a Div. We had just one and half Regimental course including 2weeks pass which some of us could not finished the three months course before 20 out of 50 of us posted there,were selected to go northeast. Little did I know that we are going to war zone in northeast which everything became clear when we arrived at Task Force Brigade headquarter in Northeast. A colleague of mine wanted to run away which everybody persuaded him to stay after contacted his family who was later killed in the battlefield during our contact with the enemy. I never thought of leaving the army during those times we were fighting in the task force battalion .
Luckily, I got selected to join those going to another location when the police unit station Why l run away because of Boko Haram. Many Thought that those of us selected are going on a suicide mission of no return because of the rumour of Boko Haram invasion on the terrace but it turned out to be the safe haven for those of us that went there, we are there till date.
My AWOL was caused due to frustration beyond my control though I never speak to the two officers/ any soldiers about it before I suddenly disappeared. Those of us who came from my former Task Force Battalion to the new location received our last operational allowance end of May and was stopped,reaching 5 months some were paid but l and another soldier were not paid, those that are paid, some are making mockery of us and others giving us false hope.One morning l complained to the clerk only to be shun at, though I am the least soldier and most junior soldier in the camp, l couldn't meet the O.C to complain.during this period l also couldn't remember when I go pass last as it running to 5months, precisely my last pass was in early June. All these with family and personal problems started given me a traumatic stress which only what l could think of was to go out of the army. During these period l sick and was admitted at the brigade headquarter MRS which landed me 4 to 6 big and small drips altogether into my body and some drugs/ injections because since we went to Bara l'm station at the kitchen as a cook.before l was removed there.
I was in full sorrow for my life because I thought l chooses want was not good for me. My thoughts of going AWOL came when I was fully devastated all these thinking which makes me to dropped my army things (Riffle, ammunitions, ID, and uniform on my bed in my tent) issue to me and left.
I thought I was free until recently l realize AWOL in the army an offence and a bad reputation.
Iam deciding to Turn Myself In even if army are not looking for me. My operational allowance started coming in after l left but I couldn't get those paid to my other colleagues from the same task force battalion soldiers during when they resumed the payment in bulk at the brigade that prompted me to go AWOL.
Can the army temper justice with mercy if I turn myself in?, because I didn't know the rate of these offences as I am just two(2)years in service, and all my army life was in this operation ground with nothing in the Barrack, no room or property which all our Colleagues in the barrack had done for long and some married.
It is unfortunate l find myself in this situation as l was not charge or lock in the guardroom before .
Please l want Officers and soldiers in the house to advice me what to do,l want to turn myself in, how to go about this issue and if military police lawyer can be of good help.Note:it is close to 4month of my AWOL now from the battlefield, l'm not suffering out here but leaving army this way is what I want to correct.
What advice do you have for as l fully thinking how to go about this whole issue.?
You made a mistake , do the right thing and turn yourself in and I hope you know there are repercussions of your actions.
why didn't you speak to your CO ? who could have helped or advised you properly, I keep an open door policy among my men and I am sure most CO s do the same.

1 Like

Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 04, 2017
Pierocash:
contact a lawyer to stand for u
You mean civil lawyer or military lawyer
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 04, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:
You made a mistake , do the right thing and turn yourself in and I hope you know there are repercussions of your actions.
why didn't you speak to your CO ? who could have helped or advised you properly, I keep an open door policy among my men and I am sure most CO s do the same.
We are 82 in number 2 officers and 80 soldiers though some men are not with us again which makes the number reduced, our OC then is an aggressive officer who don't listen to any complaints from most of us, with this everybody is avoiding him(a captain by rank). No open door policy
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 04, 2017
NoLotty:

We are 82 in number 2 officers and 80 soldiers though some men are not with us again which makes the number reduced, our OC then is an aggressive officer who don't listen to any complaints from most of us, with this everybody is avoiding him(a captain by rank). No open door policy
sorry about that but you have to redeem yourself rather keep running . that's my best advice for you cos that is where issues would lead to even if I intervene.had it been you were punished for something you didn't do I would have helped as his superior but in this case I wish you all the best.
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 04, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:
sorry about that but you have to redeem yourself rather keep running . that's my best advice for you cos that is where issues would lead to even if I intervene.had it been you were punished for something you didn't do I would have helped as his superior but in this case I wish you all the best.
Alright Sir,
Thank you
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 04, 2017
First of all,whom did you submit your riffle,and ID card to?If you abandoned it and fled it is automatic dismissal and jail.

1 Like

Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 04, 2017
Love Machine:
First of all,whom did you submit your riffle,and ID card to?If you abandoned it and fled it is automatic dismissal and jail.
Left them on my bed in my tent/trench
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by KINGwax007(m): 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2017
Instead of going AWOL, you cld av resigned, properly
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by petrov10: 2:03pm On Mar 04, 2017
NoLotty:

Left them on my bed in my tent/trench
bro don't go back. They prolly think ure dead now

Besides there are no records in this country
If you go back ure finished!!!

Look for something else todo

8 Likes

Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Pierocash(m): 2:16pm On Mar 04, 2017
NoLotty:

You mean civil lawyer or military lawyer
civil Lawyer{a Human Right Activist
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 04, 2017
petrov10:

Yes l am doing good here, earning tax 2 of what they (army) paid me back then, l mean both salary and operation allowance.

1 Like

Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 04, 2017
Pierocash:
civil Lawyer{a Human Right Activist
Ok
Thank you Sir
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by petrov10: 4:02pm On Mar 04, 2017
NoLotty:

Yes l am doing good here, earning tax 2 of what they (army) paid me back then, l mean both salary and operation allowance.
then relaax before u put ur sef for trouble

3 Likes

Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by chat2deen(m): 5:22pm On Mar 04, 2017
NoLotty:
Why l go AWOL

Luckily, I got selected to join those going to another location when the police unit station there run away because of Boko Haram. Many Thought that those of us selected are going on a suicide mission of no return because of the rumour of Boko Haram invasion on the terrace but it turned out to be the safe haven for those of us that went there, we are there till date.
My AWOL was caused due to frustration beyond my control though I never speak to the two officers/ any soldiers about it before I suddenly disappeared. Those of us who came from my former Task Force Battalion to the new location received our last operational allowances end of May and was stopped,reaching 5 months some were paid but l and another soldier were not paid, those that are paid, some are making mockery of us and others giving us false hope.One morning l complained to the clerk only to be shun at, though I am the least soldier and most junior soldier in the camp, l couldn't meet the O.C to complain.during this period l also couldn't remember when I go pass last as it running to 5months, precisely my last pass was in early June. All these with family and personal problems started given me a traumatic stress which only what l could think of was to go out of the army. During these period l sick and was admitted at the brigade headquarter MRS which landed me 4 to 6 big and small drips altogether into my body and some drugs/ injections because since we went to Bara l'm station at the kitchen as a cook.before l was removed there.
Please l want Officers and soldiers in the house to advice me what to do,l want to turn myself in, how to go about this issue and if military police lawyer can be of good help.Note:it is close to 4months of my AWOL now from the battlefield, l'm not suffering out here but leaving army this way is what I want to correct.

Have u been declared on awol? If yes, how comes u are collecting ur salary n ops allowance? Well can contact ur coxmate in ur last unit, to give d latest cos everyday tins change. Then try n contact ur CC, if he is nice, he can help u talk to ur CO, every tin can b solved according to ur CO/OC's disgression provided they have not send ur awol sig to ahq. Even if they will rejab u, u might b tried if u are lucky fly u 252.

2 Likes

Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 04, 2017
chat2deen:

Have u been declared on awol? If yes, how comes u are collecting ur salary n ops allowance? Well can contact ur coxmate in ur last unit, to give d latest cos everyday tins change. Then try n contact ur CC, if he is nice, he can help u talk to ur CO, every tin can b solved according to ur CO/OC's disgression provided they have not send ur awol sig to ahq. Even if they will rejab u, u might b tried if u are lucky fly u 252.
The salary was stop Dec,but the ops allowance is still coming in

1 Like

Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by PatriotTemidayo: 6:36pm On Mar 04, 2017
My best opinion: Dont go back.

If you do, court marshal. They'll say you left with your riffle (cuz u didn't specifically hand it to anyone, in particular), and all military effects in your care.

They'll waste your youth.

4 Likes

Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 04, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:
My best opinion: Dont go back.

If you do, court marshal. They'll say you left with your riffle (cuz u didn't specifically hand it to anyone, in particular), and all military effects in your care.

They'll waste your youth.
Thank you Sir
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Mekus68: 7:15pm On Mar 04, 2017
Frustration drove you out from the military. You are making it now, double what you were been paid in the army, rather than being happy with your life, you want to go back, why. Are you being pursued by frustrations everywhere you go?

If you go back, it's either the army wastes your youth or Boko Haram wastes your life.

My man be WISE. Don't allow the witches from your village to keep chasing you everywhere you go.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 04, 2017
Mekus68:
Frustration drove you out from the military. You are making it now, double what you were been paid in the army, rather than being happy with your life, you want to go back, why. Are you being pursued by frustrations everywhere you go?

If you go back, it's either the army wastes your youth or Boko Haram wastes your life.

My man be WISE. Don't allow the witches from your village to keep chasing you everywhere you go.
[color=#990000][/color]
Are you being pursued by frustrations everywhere you go? No Sir
Thinking of future career
Thank you
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by fsb(m): 11:46pm On Mar 04, 2017
Sorry about your situation @OP

Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by 1Rebel: 11:51pm On Mar 04, 2017
petrov10:

Finish.
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by AddiPalmer(m): 9:20am On Oct 24, 2021
You know I
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Validated: 9:43am On Oct 24, 2021
Nigerian army na work? My sister's husband brother spent his whole life serving Nigeria army. One day, they brought a coffin which they refused opening for burial. All he had was loaded in a truck with his wife and children. What killed him, till today, no one was told. Since then NOBODY in my village ever accept joining the Nigeria army ... what for? Useless saalry without honour or even a roof. All his age mate then were made either as farmers or traders, while he wasted away in some northern barracks.
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by mmanwuijele: 11:11am On Oct 24, 2021
AddiPalmer:
You know I have a similar case like this and would also need an advice from y’all , though mine was 4 years in and has been 4 years out, though I’m leaving fine , been to countries and back but sometimes I feel like having that glory as a soldier but I’m really scared sometimes but I still gat so much love for job job but I’m still scared of what comes after ��

Lol ask this to your family and wife/kids ( if you have) and see what they say. Trouble dey sleep yanga wan wake am.
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Wahalaperson: 11:23am On Oct 24, 2021
AddiPalmer:
You know I have a similar case like this and would also need an advice from y’all , though mine was 4 years in and has been 4 years out, though I’m leaving fine , been to countries and back but sometimes I feel like having that glory as a soldier but I’m really scared sometimes but I still gat so much love for job job but I’m still scared of what comes after ��
abeg which glory dey Nigeria soldier work? Dey deceive yourself there.
Village people wicked sha, see Dis one wan use he own hands put himself for trouble.
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by JOSCOFELIX: 11:42am On Oct 24, 2021
Why l go AWOL

the truth is return to your station and handover yourself to the military police. because the military Will think your are in captivity or killed and have launch and investigation on your case, if they find out that none of the above happen to you, you be surely be track and that will be worse. Highest punishment is either they dimiss you or put you in detention and reinstate you to back
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 24, 2021
AddiPalmer:
Don't go back bro

They enjoy your life dey go.

You went AWOL in the NE right? If the answer is YES, they might think you got killed in battle against Boko Haram and might not be looking for you.
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by AlexBells(m): 11:56am On Oct 24, 2021
The Situation is Dicey, Nigerian Military may not be the best but going AWOL in a warzone is not one of the things you really want to do, first you seem to be young according to you maybe among the youngest in the unit, this act can lower morale and eventually it could put your superiors in a state of emotional stress,

Many people would tell you to move on with your life but there are more honourable ways to leave the Military, men, resources and peace could be lost being on the watch for you,

There is no sign of you and they have no story for you, this could more complicated than you think, turn yourself in, you don't need any lawyer, get over the punishment, and resign, you are going through stress, that's just it, walk back to your unit, don't go looking for any lawyer, there is nothing to argue here all you need is grace and the fact that you seem medically stressed.

I wish you luck, it does not matter how much you currently earn, honour is honour and duty is duty.
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by AlexBells(m): 11:56am On Oct 24, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Don't go back bro

They enjoy your life dey go.

You went AWOL in the NE right? If the answer is YES, they might think you got killed in battle against Boko Haram and might not be looking for you.
What about his Burial, what about his family
Re: My AWOL (absent Without Leave) In Nigeria Army by AlexBells(m): 11:58am On Oct 24, 2021
Wahalaperson:
abeg which glory dey Nigeria soldier work? Dey deceive yourself there.
Village people wicked sha, see Dis one wan use he own hands put himself for trouble.
The fact you don't see it doesn't mean others don't

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blacks Don't Read (this Article Is So True And Saddening) / Humiliation Of A Superpower.five Times Cameroon Attacked Nigeria. / 3000 Megawatt: Heavy Equipment Moving To Mambila (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.