Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,362 members, 7,864,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:40 AM

Some One Should Please Help With My Assignment - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some One Should Please Help With My Assignment (693 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some One Should Please Help With My Assignment by Damianbrown(m): 9:36am On Mar 05, 2017
yesterday my lecturere gave me an assignment which till now i am still doing some reasearch, but no clue yet. please i will need the help of my igbo people or any one who has a clue about the culture of the people. the question of the assignment is ''crictically describe waves of social change that currently confront your local culture''. am from ananmbra state njikoka local government to be precise, i dont even know the culture of my people not to talk of the waves of change confronting it. please guys i need your help, i only have my mom and she's not igbo
GOD bless you guys as you help a brother in need...
Re: Some One Should Please Help With My Assignment by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 05, 2017
First of all, you need to browse about the history of Igbo and the adjustment, modifications and changes which the Igbo culture has gone through over the years

This will help you greatly in doing your assignment.
Re: Some One Should Please Help With My Assignment by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 05, 2017
Damianbrown:
yesterday my lecturere gave me an assignment which till now i am still doing some reasearch, but no clue yet. please i will need the help of my igbo people or any one who has a clue about the culture of the people. the question of the assignment is ''crictically describe waves of social change that currently confront your local culture''. am from ananmbra state njikoka local government to be precise, i dont even know the culture of my people not to talk of the waves of change confronting it. please guys i need your help, i only have my mom and she's not igbo
GOD bless you guys as you help a brother in need...
I believe u must not necessarily write about ur own culture even though the assignment says so. Abi the lecturer go ask everybody where them come from before him begin to de Mark? secondly where ur papa go?
Re: Some One Should Please Help With My Assignment by Damianbrown(m): 10:19am On Mar 05, 2017
I don't think so, but if you know any one abeg dont hesitate to tell me, secondly papa no dey available. thank you very much
ethene:

I believe u must not necessarily write about ur own culture even though the assignment says so. Abi the lecturer go ask everybody where them come from before him begin to de Mark? secondly where ur papa go?
Re: Some One Should Please Help With My Assignment by yomi007k(m): 10:46am On Mar 05, 2017
grin

Better call person 4 village or person wey knw abt ur village.
Re: Some One Should Please Help With My Assignment by dayleke: 4:20pm On Mar 05, 2017
First of all......
Go down low.......
Just kidding bro.....

I am Yoruba but if I were you,
The first thing to do is find out about your culture either through the Internet (www.) or by words of mouth (finding someone who knows).
Then the waves of change can't be more than civilization/modernization ; people shunning their traditional beliefs.
Education is another reason;people thinking those beliefs are archaic.
Migration ; people leaving the villages to go live in the cities....
Record keeping; the old peoples that are well versed in these things are dying with these beliefs and not passing it to the younger ones.
These beliefs are not being written down or maybe they are....
Just try and develop the points kinda.
And even IG ti take over....
Re: Some One Should Please Help With My Assignment by Purpletee(f): 3:12am On Mar 06, 2017
am also from anambra, njikoka LG presicely, but I know nothing about my culture thanks to mom...don't dwell on it. You can Google it or better still meet an elder within your community. ...nairalanders won't be much of a help to you, only the few who truly want to...wish you luck
Re: Some One Should Please Help With My Assignment by Damianbrown(m): 1:57pm On Mar 06, 2017
Thanks dear
Purpletee:
am also from anambra, njikoka LG presicely, but I know nothing about my culture thanks to mom...don't dwell on it. You can Google it or better still meet an elder within your community. ...nairalanders won't be much of a help to you, only the few who truly want to...wish you luck
Re: Some One Should Please Help With My Assignment by Damianbrown(m): 1:58pm On Mar 06, 2017
na nice point u give me o, tanks bro
dayleke:
First of all......
Go down low.......
Just kidding bro.....

I am Yoruba but if I were you,
The first thing to do is find out about your culture either through the Internet (www.) or by words of mouth (finding someone who knows).
Then the waves of change can't be more than civilization/modernization ; people shunning their traditional beliefs.
Education is another reason;people thinking those beliefs are archaic.
Migration ; people leaving the villages to go live in the cities....
Record keeping; the old peoples that are well versed in these things are dying with these beliefs and not passing it to the younger ones.
These beliefs are not being written down or maybe they are....
Just try and develop the points kinda.
And even IG ti take over....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Oba Akiolu's Alleged Attempt To Re Write The History Of Lagos / Should English Language Be A Priority Over Our Mother Language? / Cultural Appropriation In Nollywood.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.