Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Does God Promise Riches To Those That Serve Him? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Promise Riches To Those That Serve Him? (714 Views)

Does God Promise Heaven To Be Inherited And Inhabited? / Playing Your Part In The Premise Of God's Promise / God's Promise Of Restoration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Promise Riches To Those That Serve Him? by gbaskiboy: 2:44pm On Mar 05, 2017
'God wants you to be rich- car in your garage, a prosperous business. Just, believe in him, open your wallet, give him everything you can'. It is common to hear such message from so called many pastors, and people flock to churches that promise material blessings from God and yet many still remain poor. But does God really promise riches to those that serve him? pls need candid answer
Re: Does God Promise Riches To Those That Serve Him? by Pastafarian: 2:47pm On Mar 05, 2017
does Yahweh/Jesus promise riches? yes but indirectly
Re: Does God Promise Riches To Those That Serve Him? by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:05pm On Mar 05, 2017
Pastafarian:
does Yahweh/Jesus promise riches? yes but indirectly
Jesus didn't promise riches... not in real life time.
Re: Does God Promise Riches To Those That Serve Him? by ayoku777(m): 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2017
gbaskiboy:
'God wants you to be rich- car in your garage, a prosperous business. Just, believe in him, open your wallet, give him everything you can'. It is common to hear such message from so called many pastors, and people flock to churches that promise material blessings from God and yet many still remain poor. But does God really promise riches to those that serve him? pls need candid answer

Yes He did.

2Cor 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty MIGHT BE RICH.

So the same way Jesus was made sin so that we might be made the righteousness of God (2Cor 5:21), is the same way He was made poor that we might be rich.

Then Jesus Himself said;

Luke 18:29 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake,

30 Who shall not receive manifold more IN THIS PRESENT TIME, and in the world to come life everlasting.

Jesus said, for everything we turn our backs on in this world to follow Him, He will give us hundred fold of it -not when we get to heaven, but in this present time.

Then this;

Phi 4:19 But my God shall SUPPLY all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

The verse didn't say God will meet all our needs. It said God will SUPPLY all our needs. The word used for supply in that verse is the Greek "pleroo"; and it means to furnish liberally, to fill to the brim (till there's no space for more), to cause to abound.

This was the way Jesus provided fish for Peter in Luke 5, fish and bread for the four and five thousand. And He is the same yesterday today and forever.

So yes, God promised us not just prosperity but abundance. So that we might abound unto every good work.

2Cor 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness,
which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.

12 For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;

Shalom
Re: Does God Promise Riches To Those That Serve Him? by Pastafarian: 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Jesus didn't promise riches... not in real life time.

yes he did indirectly by saying you can ask anything in his name and it'll be done
Re: Does God Promise Riches To Those That Serve Him? by ifex370(m): 3:46pm On Mar 05, 2017
God didn't promise private jets and all.. But he did always promise to be there at every point in need.. And to sustain u each day
Re: Does God Promise Riches To Those That Serve Him? by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2017
Pastafarian:

yes he did indirectly by saying you can ask anything in his name and it'll be done
He also said that it is hard for a rich person to get into heaven, indirectly.

That means riches, amongst several millions of things, isn't inclusive in his "anything".
Re: Does God Promise Riches To Those That Serve Him? by hisgrace090: 4:10pm On Mar 05, 2017
Be it according to your faith.

1 Like

Re: Does God Promise Riches To Those That Serve Him? by orisa37: 6:10pm On Mar 05, 2017
Yes. Riches and Wealth are The Parents of The Faith. Believe in Jesus and be Rich and Wealthy.
Re: Does God Promise Riches To Those That Serve Him? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 05, 2017
No, Jesus did not.
Prosperity preachers, however, do. Problem is most congregants never obtain them.

1 Like

Re: Does God Promise Riches To Those That Serve Him? by enshy: 9:34pm On Mar 05, 2017
MZLady39:
No, Jesus did not.
Prosperity preachers, however, do. Problem is most congregants never obtain them.
My Friend, I disagree with you.
Jesus did promise in Mk 10:29; Matt 19:29; Luke 18:29...Read those passages and see Jesus promise hundredfold...
The bane to kingdom prosperity is discovery and applying the inherent principles in scriptures..We are too lazy to discover and apply then we blame God!
Everything a xtian needs is delivered in Christ but you need to discover and apply the principles.
Its not fasting/prayer that delivers kingdom prosperity neither is it annointing oil, its discovery and applying guiding principles!
For any breakthrough, when you have discovered and applied the principles, hold on to a scriptural promise and enforce your blessings!
It works like Miracles! Amen!!
Re: Does God Promise Riches To Those That Serve Him? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 05, 2017
Hi my brother,
I've gotta do something.....but will be back to reply smiley
Re: Does God Promise Riches To Those That Serve Him? by Nobody: 12:29am On Mar 06, 2017
I know that God wants people to "prosper and be in good health".
But you have to define "wealth".
Wealth doesn't always mean finances.
If you do have financial wealth and are a Christian, God has blessed you in order to bless people.
I'm not convinced that God desires all of His people financially wealthy anymore than I think He wants all His people living in abject poverty.
I think there has to be a balance.
I look at it like the workings of the body. You have all these different parts, each with its specific role but working towards a common denominator: the functioning of the body.
Take the heart and the arms...they both help the body function properly..but one part has a greater "responsibility" than the other.
Is one part less important than another? I think not.

People can be lazy..that's true...but you have hard working people (some who had formal training and some who have not) who are not wealthy.
Christian doctors, lawyers, engineers, scientists, businessmen etc. (what we call "white-collared" workers) who make pretty nice salaries in the U.S.
However, I would say that less than 10 percent of them are wealthy. They have been blessed. It's what they do with the wealth in terms of the church that counts. We know the Biblical tithing standard.
Now you have what we call "blue-collared" workers such as plumbers, electricians, teachers, nurses, social workers etc. who make a decent living. I would say that less than 5 percent of this class is wealthy.Yet they contribute to the cause of God through tithing and other financial help that He may place on their heart.

You have celebrities who deny God and are generationally wealthy. You have hard-working people who have achieved a certain level of financial success and they deny God.
God wants people to be able to work and be able to take care of their families. However, it isn't just about riches. It's about spiritual wealth. It's doing what you can to help increase God's Kingdom with what you have.
And that which you don't have, God promises to provide for you.
Abraham, Job, Nicodemus and others were extremely wealthy.
Some of the disciples had jobs..Matthew (the tax collector....Luke who was a physician, and Peter).
Peter was a fisherman, yet he worshiped the Lord and became one of His closest disciple. He wasn't less in God's eyes based on lack of financial wealth.
Hope you see what I meant my brother smiley
Re: Does God Promise Riches To Those That Serve Him? by judedwriter(m): 8:16am On Mar 06, 2017
gbaskiboy:

Job 36:11 If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.

I hope that answers your question.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Who Did Cain Got Married To In The Bible / Senior Pastor Crashes As He Attempts To Fly To Jerusalem ‘with Artificial Wings’ / Why Are Majority Of Atheist Ex Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.