Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,321 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Is Sellig Of Spirituaul Items And Idulgences Good? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Sellig Of Spirituaul Items And Idulgences Good? (347 Views)

Prophet Bayode Oluboā€ˇ Of House Favour Church Donates Items And Cash To Widows / Pastor Faith Oyedepo Donates Food Items And Relief Materials To Idps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Sellig Of Spirituaul Items And Idulgences Good? by timibofa1: 9:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
The sudden emergence of prophets, apostles and the likes in recent times and the sale of spiritual items in Christianity today has kept me wondering if all are called or some call themselves. To be honest, many of these men and women of God called themselves.
I have never bordered myself with issues relating to the clergy but the recent sale of spiritual items and indulgences by the so called pastors has forced me to speak. In the first place, where were these practices of selling spiritual items borrowed from? Am sure not from the Holy Bible, because never did or has the holy Bible asked us or commanded us to sell spiritual items or exchange them for money because, even Christ our role model did not do so. People may point fingers at Peter whose handkerchief and other items healed all manner of sickness but the Bible never recorded were peter deliberately anointed such items and asked people to buy them. In fact, the Bible rather admonished us to give out freely as we received in the same manner. Sometimes I wonder if, the power embedded inside such items are owned by these men or God. The worst of it all is where these items will be made compulsory for members and newcomers without which they are barred from seeing the 'man of God' as it becomes a visa to see him/her. Some of these practices only bring my mind to the case of Bar-Jesus( the man who actually wanted to purchase the power of God with money) because, the power of God is sold out in exchange for monetary gain.The ignorant buyers, I will not blame because they are babes.
I don't think these are indices of men called by God, why not ask members to bring these items and anoint them if you must do so. Off course, God answers through these items because he wants to honor his name but that does not mean he supports the sale.
In my opinion, if you claim to have been called and you anoint items deliberately and ask people to buy such items, your calling is in doubt. More so, the source of your power many be somewhere else too but if it's God's then, you have deviated from the ancient landmark, and needs to return to your source before you will be asked sooner or later SO YOU LATER CAME HERE?

(1) (Reply)

In Whose Name Do We Gather? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(sat. 25/03/2017 / 5 Facts About Easter Good Friday And USA "Easter Egg Roll".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.