Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud (13712 Views)

FG Suspends 3 Prisons Officers Over Ngilari's Release / Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison / James Bala Ngilari Jailed For 5 Years For Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 1:03pm On Mar 06, 2017
If its not a southerner, it must be a CHRISTIAN NORTHERNER cheesy

BUHARI would rot in h***

1 Like

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by jayriginal: 1:04pm On Mar 06, 2017
Later someone will shout no conviction, only media trial

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by Chimexstano(m): 1:06pm On Mar 06, 2017
Ok.... what of others..?
Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by yashau(m): 1:09pm On Mar 06, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

BUHARI would rot in h***
Bigot sighted.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by LorDBolton(m): 1:10pm On Mar 06, 2017
Actually seems like it's only in the north we get justice...

Down south, noisemakers will turn the whole thing into a fiasco.

Funny how it's even southerners who are making the most noise for dasuki.

Funny how fayose with all his noise has never been in the news with a. Whites,asian or south American group of investors before.

Infact I'm hard pressed to see pic of fayose with investors sef.

Noise-noise-noise

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by pokipoki: 1:21pm On Mar 06, 2017
agabusta:
EFCC is performing! Magu is the man.
There is a difference between conviction, sentencing and jailing. Please wait until the man is jailed grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by doctokwus: 1:23pm On Mar 06, 2017
nnamso367:
N167.8m only one person... na wa
The man had 'fear of God',maybe because he didnt spend up to a yr on d seat.
The average embezzling rate for ALL STATE GOVERNORS in Nigeria is btw N4b-N6b per year at N300m-N500m monthly thru security votes embezzlement and other contract frauds.
So Ngilari deserves some 'leniency' when sentence is passed considering what other govs stole,including those now parading themselves as saints and untouchables just because they are in APC.

2 Likes

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by idris4r83(m): 1:24pm On Mar 06, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

BUHARI would rot in h***
these are the kinds of people that are dragging nigeria backward. The judge who convicted him is also a Christian. What about dasukis case? Is dasuki a Christian?

4 Likes

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by UBBJ17: 1:47pm On Mar 06, 2017
It is a pity that Ngilari -a gentleman is now a victim of corruption .I won't have bother if it was Fintiri
Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by BrutusOj(m): 1:50pm On Mar 06, 2017
ourema:
The court should convict more of the ex governors. Most of them acquired wealth illegally.
Including Tinubu, Fashola and Amaechi right?

2 Likes

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by Oba22: 1:52pm On Mar 06, 2017
ekanDamie:
will he be sent to prison? or allowed bail of 100,000 naira

No option of fine for Him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by sekem: 1:57pm On Mar 06, 2017
DLondonboiy:
President Osibanjo...we salute you.

O.S.I.N.B.A.J.O

Ahn ahn, what is wrong with you guys' brain and eyesight sef? lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by henryhemon(m): 2:03pm On Mar 06, 2017
yashau:
Bigot sighted.

Calling him bigot is respectable,he is a worthless.

1 Like

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by pahen1991: 2:26pm On Mar 06, 2017
ourema:
The court should convict more of the ex governors. Most of them acquired wealth illegally.
de loot is too small for conviction of an ex governor.

1 Like

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by agabusta: 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2017
pokipoki:

There is a difference between conviction, sentencing and jailing. Please wait until the man is jailed grin grin grin

A High Court in Yola, Adamawa State, has convicted and jailed former Gov. Bala James Ngilari for failing to adhere to the procurement laws of the state.

In a 75-minute long ruling, Justice Nathan Musa found the former governor guilty of four charges, and discharged him on one, which bordered on conspiracy.

The judge discharged and acquitted former Secretary to the State Government, and the Commissioner of Finance, who were second and third defendants in the case.

In handing down his sentence, the judge said the law stipulated that the convict shall not be given an option of fine.
He sentenced the former governor to five years in prison, and said the convict is serve his term in any prison of his choice.
Mr. Ngilari was charged on September 21, 2016.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/225307-breaking-former-nigerian-governor-jailed-corruption.html

What else do you want Oga??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by Sugarboyy(m): 2:42pm On Mar 06, 2017
snadguy007:
Okay...... Please how do i apply for whistle blowing job?
go buy a whistle first

1 Like

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by Sugarboyy(m): 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2017
very nice!
Next is Akpabio, followed by Orji, then Uduaghan and Suswan and lastly Patience and Jonathan
Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by cashkid: 3:03pm On Mar 06, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

BUHARI would rot in h***

Then you follow
Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by Grundig: 3:05pm On Mar 06, 2017
Ordinary #168m and he was jailed.

Anyways, serves him right. Next time if you must steal 'think big'. That way you'd give the efcc and the judges a merry go round.

Saraki and amaechi steal in dollars and billions are still walking free.
Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by franchizy(m): 3:06pm On Mar 06, 2017
Because he is a Northerner. How many governors from the south have been convicted.

I condemn this conviction, i condemn it. Until Tinubu, Amaech, Fashola are convicted, i wont take this govt serious.

2 Likes

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by matthew41(m): 3:09pm On Mar 06, 2017
franchizy:
Because he is a Northerner. How many governors from the south have been convicted.

I condemn this conviction, i condemn it. Until Tinubu, Amaech, Fashola are convicted, i wont take this govt serious.
. cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by pokipoki: 3:30pm On Mar 06, 2017
agabusta:

What else do you want Oga??
The sentence ratified by the supreme court and governor actually serving his time in jail.
Other than that, it is still stories
Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by agabusta: 4:17pm On Mar 06, 2017
pokipoki:

The sentence ratified by the supreme court and governor actually serving his time in jail.

You be real poki.
Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by ZUBY77(m): 4:59pm On Mar 06, 2017
ourema:

Point of correction; All of them

2 Likes

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by agabusta: 5:15pm On Mar 06, 2017
pokipoki:

His jail term has started already. He was led to prison after the sentencing.
Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by obyrich(m): 5:17pm On Mar 06, 2017
Orji Kalu and T.A. Orji should be next..
Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by longerthroat(m): 5:29pm On Mar 06, 2017
snadguy007:
Okay...... Please how do i apply for whistle blowing job?

Buy Whistle first na
Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by ourema(f): 5:45pm On Mar 06, 2017
BrutusOj:
Including Tinubu, Fashola and Amaechi right?
I completely agree with you. Amaechi had nothing before coming to politics. It was Odiili who brought him to limelight. He was Odiili PA, he had never worked in an office to acquire such wealth.
A point of correction I am not APC incase you may be thinking towards that direction. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by GreatZaza(m): 7:43pm On Mar 06, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
This is bookmarked to share with wailers who never believe the war against corruption is being worn.
convicted to How many years? They should state the amount of years so we celebrate rather than giving us a vague statement. well thumbs up to them <p style="color:green;"> mind u I am neither a wailer or zombie.<p>
Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:05pm On Mar 06, 2017
GreatZaza:

convicted to How many years? They should state the amount of years so we celebrate rather than giving us a vague statement. well thumbs up to them <p style="color:green;"> mind u I am neither a wailer or zombie.<p>
5yrs.
not gud enough, though, we re on the march
Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by skiibo: 10:25pm On Mar 06, 2017
SACK ALL NIGERIAN POLITICIANS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zO5h7K5LV8
Re: Court Convicts Ngilari Over N167.8 Million Fraud by pokipoki: 11:08pm On Mar 06, 2017
agabusta:

His jail term has started already. He was led to prison after the sentencing.
He was sentenced at a High court. He can still take his case to a court of appeal. That's the reason why is said the sentence should be ratified by the Supreme Court. Other than that, he is almost a free man.
Meanwhile he was jailed for 5 years. That's like 45 months prison calender. People that steal pure water without an form of violence are jailed for 15-20years.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme / EFCC Is Recovering Stolen Money From Diezani Every Day - Itse Sagay / President Buhari Targets Over 12 Million Nigerians With ‘Next Level’ Initiative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.