Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (492032 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:15pm On Oct 30, 2017
trovserg:
It's he,the wife was unable to enter the embassy and sinx then they have issues rebooking appointment because she is attached to him as a dependant

Call the embassy and explain your situation.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by trovserg: 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2017
seyewest:

Call the embassy and explain your situation.

Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by smokeydrinky: 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2017
seyewest:

type your departure city and arrival city in google that's a step in the right direction...

I'm confused but I'm sure I ll get the hang of it soon enough. Thanks seyewest
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:57pm On Oct 30, 2017
smokeydrinky:

I'm confused but I'm sure I ll get the hang of it soon enough. Thanks seyewest
try wakanow.com, travelstart.com etc
Do you have a U.S visa?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by smokeydrinky: 10:31pm On Oct 30, 2017
seyewest:

try wakanow.com, travelstart.com etc
Do you have a U.S visa?

Yes. I shared my transcript on the other thread.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Dapoabdul: 8:19am On Oct 31, 2017
Good morning house, can my cousin buy a one way ticket? She has an immigrant visa. Can she carry cooked snails in her hand laugage?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jennytbell: 10:39am On Oct 31, 2017
Dapoabdul:
Good morning house, can my cousin buy a one way ticket? She has an immigrant visa. Can she carry cooked snails in her hand laugage?

Yes she can buy a one way ticket. However the snail must be checked in and not in hand luggage. Hope she deep fry the snail too.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by adeoluwanimi101: 11:08am On Oct 31, 2017
Okay...
Thanks.
My length of stay is not indicated on the stamp-in.
Heard here that you can always check that on the link.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by olutolafash(m): 11:58am On Oct 31, 2017
Please I need your advice

I filled an address of a friend in Michigan in my DS-160 form and I got the visa.

After few days my friend told me He will be moving to Minneapolis that it will be fine if I book Minneapolis flight.

But Minneapolis was too expensive so we booked Chicago because its closer and cheaper.

He then booked a local flight for me from chicago to Minneapolis. He also gave me his utility bill for the new address

I have seen in the tread that some people had issue at POE cos of change in address and were sent back.

Please what would you advice me to do?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by olutolafash(m): 11:59am On Oct 31, 2017

I filled an address of a friend in Michigan in my DS-160 form and I got the visa.

After few days my friend told me He will be moving to Minneapolis that it will be fine if I book Minneapolis flight.

But Minneapolis was too expensive so we booked Chicago because its closer and cheaper.

He then booked a local flight for me from chicago to Minneapolis. He also gave me his utility bills for old and new address

I have seen in the thread that some people had issue at POE cos of change in address and were sent back.

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2017
olutolafash:

He then booked a local flight for me from chicago to Minneapolis. He also gave me his utility bill for the new address

I have seen in the tread that some people had issue at POE cos of change in address and were sent back.

Yes there maybe problem for people who are unprepared. The utility bill is a good idea and make like 2 copies just in case... explain clearly why you're not flying to Michigan anymore... I'm sure there won't be any problem.
safe journey.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Slaw12: 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2017
seyewest:

Yes there maybe problem for people who are unprepared. The utility bill is a good idea and make like 2 copies just in case... explain clearly why you're not flying to Michigan anymore... I'm sure there won't be any problem.
safe journey.

Hmmm...pls n pls try to avoid that Chicago POE... They are very Very strict ...I don't want to scare you o but my immediate boss was a victim in that POE he was sent back after delaying him for more than 12hrs...You may try another POE that's close to ur new destination...

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Beautyaddy: 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2017
Slaw12:

Hmmm...pls n pls try to avoid that Chicago POE... They are very Very strict ...I don't want to scare you o but my immediate boss was a victim in that POE he was sent back after delaying him for more than 12hrs...You may try another POE that's close to ur new destination...

Lol! Now travelers to the US with truthful intensions who were given the visa on the purpose they presented to the VO shouldn't worry about the strict Chicago CBP officers they might come across.

I want to believe that it's those whose true hidden untruthful intensions might be exposed will find Chicago POE strict and want to avoid.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by olutolafash(m): 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2017
Beautyaddy:

Thanks, I am only going for vacation gor just 17 days and I will be back to my work.
This is helpful

Lol! Now travelers to the US with truthful intensions who were given the visa on the purpose they presented to the VO shouldn't worry about the strict Chicago CBP officers they might come across.

I want to believe that it's those whose true hidden untruthful intensions might be exposed will find Chicago POE strict and want to avoid.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:20pm On Oct 31, 2017
Slaw12:

I don't think so... They may be strict but that does not translate to deportation. Be truthful.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Mush: 8:46am On Nov 01, 2017
please excuse my ignorance, but when you have a layover flight with over 3 hours stop who pays for the hotel bill in that country, or do you wait in the airport?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Godson201333(m): 9:32am On Nov 01, 2017
Mush:
please excuse my ignorance, but when you have a layover flight with over 3 hours stop who pays for the hotel bill in that country, or do you wait in the airport?

you have to wait at the airport,Just hang around or you enjoy the wifi
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 1:50pm On Nov 01, 2017
Mush:

You're not ignorant actually the rules is that any passenger with more than 8.5 hours stopover should be provided with a hotel room but some airline said for that deal to work there must not be an onward flight to the passenger destination.
For 3 hours stop over get a magazine or movie to watch better still move to your gate and chill till it's time for your flight... there will be no hotel stay for 3 hours stop over.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Bossman(m): 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2017
Haba! ORD POE is not that bad. At least as long as you are truthful. As someone that resides here, I come through there quite often. I Just came through there last week on BA, on a flight itinerary that originated in Lagos (2 hour layover in London). I had zero problems. I was not even sent to Agriculture. Even though he asked, and I told him what food items I had. I did notice that Most of the Nigerians that originated from Lagos on that flight, and attended to by the other officer there, were sent to Agriculture though.

Slaw12:

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Opeyemi567: 5:59pm On Nov 01, 2017
Happy new month to everyone in the house,thank you so much for the good work here and thanks to everyone that shared their experience,pls i need the advice of the gurus in the house on this,Myself,dad and brother got our visa June this year to attend the wedding of our family member at Chicago by August,but couldn't go due to work and so we decided to go on 14days vacation next month in Newyork city we have also decided to get an hotel all through our stay,pls my questions are how much can the three of us take along especially my dad been the sponsor of the vacation and pls what questions are we to expect at POE jfk,also hope taking camera,groundnut in plastic and chinchin to eat won't be a problem.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:25am On Nov 02, 2017
Opeyemi567:
Happy new month to everyone in the house,thank you so much for the good work here and thanks to everyone that shared their experience,pls i need the advice of the gurus in the house on this,Myself,dad and brother got our visa June this year to attend the wedding of our family member at Chicago by August,but couldn't go due to work and so we decided to go on 14days vacation next month in Newyork city we have also decided to get an hotel all through our stay,pls my questions are how much can the three of us take along especially my dad been the sponsor of the vacation and pls what questions are we to expect at POE jfk,also hope taking camera,groundnut in plastic and chinchin to eat won't be a problem.
You need a valid reason for not traveling to Chicago in August and apart from that confirm your hotel booking before leaving Nigeria and declare any food item you're carrying. Safe Journey.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by doyinwbaby: 10:36am On Nov 02, 2017
hi guys so..qatar airways is doing promo. 2 for 1 business class tickets and 3 for 2 economy tickets.

pls for anyone planning to travel december or january and want business tickets. pls let me know o. so we can purchase together cos the minimum you can buy for business class is 2 tickets and the minimum you can buy for economy is 3.

you can check their website for more details!!!

thank you
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Yesbody: 12:12pm On Nov 02, 2017
Daragurl12:
@Seyewest and other gurus in d house,gud morning.
Please can we travel to New Jersey by going try New York or do we go straight from Lagos to New Jersey? Tickets to New Jersey seems expensive gan oooo.

@daragurl12 I want to confirm how you made this journey, did u travel directly to NJ or u got to NY 1st b4 NJ ?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2017
Yesbody:

@daragurl12 I want to confirm how you made this journey, did u travel directly to NJ or u got to NY 1st b4 NJ ?
You can fly directly to New York or take Ethiopia Airways and fly into New Jersey

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by TUBLEZ(m): 4:58pm On Nov 02, 2017
doyinwbaby:
hi guys so..qatar airways is doing promo. 2 for 1 business class tickets and 3 for 2 economy tickets.

pls for anyone planning to travel december or january and want business tickets. pls let me know o. so we can purchase together cos the minimum you can buy for business class is 2 tickets and the minimum you can buy for economy is 3.

you can check their website for more details!!!

thank you
What's their ticket fee for economy?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Opeyemi567: 10:00pm On Nov 02, 2017
@Seyewest thank you so much I appreciate,much love
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ozymes: 10:41pm On Nov 02, 2017
Please you are not permitted to work with that visa category
Sunmisire:
God bless the good work here. Pls I got a US visa for my family(spouse,myslf and baby) as we claimed spouse is on leave and we wld like to spend it over there.
1. I will be going with my 16 months old baby as my husband wld join us later... Hope it won't be a problem at the POE since it's a family visa.
2. When he is also coming alone,hope it won't be a problem.
3. How much is the cheapest daycare or crèche I can get for my baby as I am planning to work(under the table)for d few months I will be spending there. Since I will be staying with a friend in New Jersey.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ladylco: 12:09am On Nov 03, 2017
Dapoabdul:

can my cousin buy a one way ticket? She has an immigrant visa.YES

Can she carry cooked snails in her hand laugage? NO
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Dynamitehimself(m): 2:45am On Nov 03, 2017
My transcript
Arrived Houston intercontinental Airport IAH Texas on bound Singapore Airlines.
Was on the queue for 30mins then got to me
Cbp good afternoon
Me good afternoon
Cbp why are you here
Me . vacation
Cbp how long will you be staying
Me one week
cbp how old are you
me 2.........
Cbp where will you be visiting in Houston
Me. Bla bla bla
cbp stamps my passport 6 months
cbp enjoy ur stay
me thanks.
zooms off to catch my next flight

guys always stick with what you stated during ur interview and u will be fine even if u have other plans. . He didn't even ask me for BTA. He also didn't even ask or check my landing card.
I am already enjoying my trip

8 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by doyinwbaby: 12:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
TUBLEZ:
What's their ticket fee for economy?

pls check their site. qatarairways dot com
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 1:15pm On Nov 03, 2017
Dynamitehimself:
My transcript
Arrived Houston intercontinental Airport IAH Texas on bound Singapore Airlines.
Was on the queue for 30mins then got to me
Cbp good afternoon
Me good afternoon
Cbp why are you here
Me . vacation
Cbp how long will you be staying
Me one week
cbp how old are you
me 2.........
Cbp where will you be visiting in Houston
Me. Bla bla bla
cbp stamps my passport 6 months
cbp enjoy ur stay
me thanks.
zooms off to catch my next flight

guys always stick with what you stated during ur interview and u will be fine even if u have other plans. . He didn't even ask me for BTA. He also didn't even ask or check my landing card.
I am already enjoying my trip
Why Singapore Airline? Where are you coming from? Enjoy your holiday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.