Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,834 members, 7,813,787 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (492592 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Horticulturist: 10:11pm On Dec 14, 2017
Quick Question please... can one book a hotel reservation without paying yet as one is unsure if the visa'll be granted.

Peradventure the visa gets approved, one can now pay for the hotel ipon landing. Kindly Advise
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by carnal: 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2017
ladies and gentlemen in the house, please i need your help, we got a visa for 2 yrs (3 of us), last december 2016, wifey was suppose to put to bed in the u.s,she was pregnant,we informed them during interview but she couldnt travel due to one health drama or the other,she put to bed in 9ja. however i want to use the visa now but i intend to apply for my daughter (the new born) and including either my cousine who is with us or my brother, please advise if i need any letter from either of their parents (female cousine and my brother) to submit application or take to the embassy, we plan to travel in March 2018. we are going to newark, i will need the advise on best/cheap airline and best airport to land to avoid any POE dramas
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:54pm On Dec 14, 2017
alexandersherif:
Good day gurus in the house!!!
Thanks for the info passed here
It indeed of benefits.....more grease to ya elbow.....
Am on f1 visa and I will be traveling soon, my questions is this
1.how much can a student take along so as not to be turn back at POE
2.can a Student go with herbs and tablet.....hope it won't give issues at POE
3.going during festive period......hope it won't give shit at POE
4.is it compulsory I book greyhound to my destination so as to show dem in POE or I can go straight to Greyhound and book Wen I get dia?
Thanks
@Seyewest
@lionlee
And other guru
As much as I want to answer your question I think it will be better if you share this problem with the U.S Student visa thread... They're in the best position advice you appropriately
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:01pm On Dec 14, 2017
Horticulturist:
Quick Question please... can one book a hotel reservation without paying yet as one is unsure if the visa'll be granted.

Peradventure the visa gets approved, one can now pay for the hotel ipon landing. Kindly Advise
booking dot com find hotel that you can cancel the reservation anytime before you check in.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Damilare5882(m): 6:49am On Dec 15, 2017
@seyewest .. please how do I book a bus or train ticket from Nigeria.. please I kindly need your urgent reply sir
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ramj: 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2017
Damilare5882:
@seyewest .. please how do I book a bus or train ticket from Nigeria.. please I kindly need your urgent reply sir

there are lots of options at your disposal
wanderu.com
gotobus.com
busbud.com

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Damilare5882(m): 5:19pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ramj:

there are lots of options at your disposal
wanderu.com
gotobus.com
busbud.com
oh ok thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by haywhy1: 8:46pm On Dec 15, 2017
Good evng to you all.
While applying, I told the consular that I wud be heading to maryland (visa granted) but now I have a change of plans....i would be heading to staten island....hope I won't be questioned with the change?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by bigbus: 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
haywhy1:
Good evng to you all.
While applying, I told the consular that I wud be heading to maryland (visa granted) but now I have a change of plans....i would be heading to staten island....hope I won't be questioned with the change?

Should it be the case that you are questioned, there may not be any issues so long the change is truthful, reasonable and explainable. And also, if the purpose for which the visa was issued is the same. e.g. vacation is vacation; family visit is family visit.
(If you don't want stories that touch, don't come and be going to visit your dearest uncle in Staten Island, when you declared that you do not know anyone in the US.)

6 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
bigbus:

Should it be the case that you are questioned, there may not be any issues so long the change is truthful, reasonable and explainable. And also, if the purpose for which the visa was issued is the same. e.g. vacation is vacation; family visit is family visit.
(If you don't want stories that touch, don't come and be going to visit your dearest uncle in Staten Island, when you declared that you do not know anyone in the US.)

And to buttress Bigbus.. it's no big deal if the reason for change of destination is valid.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Mrjoshtower: 3:05am On Dec 16, 2017
good day.am was granted two years visa on b1/b2 .am going for my ant wedding what are they going to ask me @ point of entry

Congrats

Please what were the questions the consular asked you ?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by haywhy1: 7:43am On Dec 16, 2017
seyewest:

And to buttress Bigbus.. it's no big deal if the reason for change of destination is valid.

Thank u
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by haywhy1: 7:44am On Dec 16, 2017
bigbus:

I appreciate
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by carnal: 7:12am On Dec 17, 2017
I NEED HELP AND INFO ON THESE -ladies and gentlemen in the house, please i need your help, we got a visa for 2 yrs, last december 2016, wifey was suppose to put to bed in the u.s,she was pregnant,we informed them and she couldnt travel due to one health drama or the other,she put to bed in 9ja. however i want to use the visa now but i intend to apply for my daughter (the new born) and including either my cousine who is with us or my brother, please advise if i need any letter from either of their parents to submit application or take to the embassy, we plan to travel in March 2018. we are going to newark, i will need the best/cheap airline advise and best airport to land to avoid any POE dramas
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 17, 2017
smiley
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
carnal:
I NEED HELP AND INFO ON THESE -ladies and gentlemen in the house, please i need your help, we got a visa for 2 yrs, last december 2016, wifey was suppose to put to bed in the u.s,she was pregnant,we informed them and she couldnt travel due to one health drama or the other,she put to bed in 9ja. however i want to use the visa now but i intend to apply for my daughter (the new born) and including either my cousine who is with us or my brother, please advise if i need any letter from either of their parents to submit application or take to the embassy, we plan to travel in March 2018. we are going to newark, i will need the best/cheap airline advise and best airport to land to avoid any POE dramas

You can apply for your baby as soon as you want while for your cousin how old are they? and also you will need to convince the V.O why their parent are not the one applying for them and yes you can get a letter of consent from their parent.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by nigeriainfo: 7:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
@oga Seyewest, I got something to ask ooo. please during my Interview I told the V.O I will be going for Vacation in orlando Florida and the Visa was granted. The problem now is that I will be coming through Newyork because it is cheaper to come through Newyork .my question is that wont that raise a red flag? and can i book a connecting flight to orlando florida before leaving Nigeria? and if yes? how do i go about it. pls advise.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:17pm On Dec 17, 2017
nigeriainfo:
@oga Seyewest, I got something to ask ooo. please during my Interview I told the V.O I will be going for Vacation in orlando Florida and the Visa was granted. The problem now is that I will be coming through Newyork because it is cheaper to come through Newyork .my question is that wont that raise a red flag? and can i book a connecting flight to orlando florida before leaving Nigeria? and if yes? how do i go about it. pls advise.
We've tackled this on almost every page on this thread... go through the last 5 pages you will find out about what to do there.

4 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Champ10n: 9:16pm On Dec 17, 2017
Hey guys. Nice work here. I'll be traveling on an f1 visa soon. My school is in New York and resumes on the 18th but I'll be arriving on the 5th in JFK airport. I plan to take a trip to California from JFK on a short vacation of sorts (about 10 days) before returning to New York pending resumption date. Is this something I need to tell the officer even if he doesn't ask?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by nigeriainfo: 6:35am On Dec 18, 2017
seyewest:

We've tackled this on almost every page on this thread... go through the last 5 pages you will find out about what to do there.
. please I have done that but i cannot get the one that answer my question properly.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ramj: 8:58am On Dec 18, 2017
Champ10n:
Hey guys. Nice work here. I'll be traveling on an f1 visa soon. My school is in New York and resumes on the 18th but I'll be arriving on the 5th in JFK airport. I plan to take a trip to California from JFK on a short vacation of sorts (about 10 days) before returning to New York pending resumption date. Is this something I need to tell the officer even if he doesn't ask?

No need to bother because you are entering via new York and later heading to California.

All you need for now is your school information and accommodation maybe.

Success in your studies
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:39am On Dec 18, 2017
Champ10n:
No need for that I suppose.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:51am On Dec 18, 2017
nigeriainfo:
Tell them it's cheaper to fly to New York instead of flying directly to Orlando.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ramj: 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2017
seyewest:

Tell them it's cheaper to fly to New York instead of flying directly to Orlando.

Chikena Simple lobatan
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Champ10n: 12:21pm On Dec 20, 2017
Thanks guys for all your help. I want to know if I can use the bank statement I sent to my school from May at the POE. Is it compulsory I print another one for my trip?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Jamezy4u: 1:12pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hi House!

Please, what is the easiest way to change little cash in Nigerian Naira to US Dollars for someone that want to travel. Am looking at it that the stress is not worth it to do PPA for a cash like $400 to $700 that I want to go with as cash.

Please, can this be changed at the airport on the date of travel?

Or before the date of travel? Can it be done at the airport easily?

Please, someone should advise.

Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Bossman(m): 7:37pm On Dec 20, 2017
They have currency exchanges at the airport. I would think you can do it there.

Jamezy4u:
Hi House!

Please, what is the easiest way to change little cash in Nigerian Naira to US Dollars for someone that want to travel. Am looking at it that the stress is not worth it to do PPA for a cash like $400 to $700 that I want to go with as cash.

Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2017
Champ10n:
Thanks guys for all your help. I want to know if I can use the bank statement I sent to my school from May at the POE. Is it compulsory I print another one for my trip?
For what visa category?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by haywhy1: 9:33pm On Dec 20, 2017
Jamezy4u:
Hi House!

Thanks

The process is kind of stressful.....but it's beta you go tru d bank.. ...2weeks before the travel date.....ur passport and ticket confirmation.......with that,you are good to go.....it takes like 2-3 days
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Champ10n: 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2017
seyewest:

For what visa category?
Student visa. Can I use a financial statememt from May?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by eleven(m): 11:53pm On Dec 20, 2017
Jamezy4u:
Hi House!

Thanks

I will advise you use your PTA slot provided you have not used it in the last 3 months. It’s stress free. I applied yesterday morning and got my cash by afternoon. It same day process provided you go with below documents:

- International Passport with valid Visa
- Confirmed Ticket
- Available Balance in your account

In my case I use 2 banks. Zenith Bank said it can only give me $3k, I refused and went to GT bank and got the maximum $4k. PTA/BTA rate is N360 to a dollar.

It’s your right, please go for it.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by eleven(m): 12:18am On Dec 21, 2017
Sharles:
Good day all.
I will be flighting to New Jersey on the 27th with Ethiopian airlines. I am on F1 visa. I want to ask if anybody has used Ethiopian airlines before and what was thier experience. Thanks

I have used Ethiopian Airline and will be using it again soon. I traveled the Lagos-Lome-Newark route, it was cool and fast. 10 hours from Lome to Newark plus 50 minutes from Lagos to Lome. No much waiting, 1 hour delay at Lome Airport for boarding. Less than 13 hours total traveling time. For me it’s a very good flight. Make sure you get the Lagos - Lome - Newark route not the Addis Ababa’s to avoid long transit time.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.