Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (495691 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by keni: 2:09pm On Jun 05, 2018
seyewest:

The truth is this thread is about POE experience.... We can choose to look the other way about the issues arising from Nigerian crossing over to Canada but that will be at a disadvantage for innocent people and readers of this thread.

If truly those visa were revoked I think it has to do with the info provided for visa renewal.

And the bold is exactly my point, how do we also know that innocent people are not being affected? I think shedding light holistically on it will benefit readers of this thread.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:25pm On Jun 05, 2018
keni:

And the bold is exactly my point, how do we also know that innocent people are not being affected? I think shedding light holistically on it will benefit readers of this thread.

Unfortunately this is what happen most of the time....
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by sweetseth: 12:17am On Jun 06, 2018
Pls I need great deal for my family's trip anytime from next week. 2adults and 2 kids age 9 and 6
EphraimBoat:

No issue whatsoever since you have genuine reasons. Anyways, when you are ready to purchase your ticket, contact me, I can give you a great deal. Couple's fare. Don't fret, I work in a travel company.
wink
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Babbie23(f): 1:51am On Jun 06, 2018
ethnicgirl:
Poe experience
So I flew from Lagos to Houston through klm and had a stopover at Amsterdam.the que at the poe was so long.however,it got to my turn

Cbp;what's your purpose of travel to the us
Me;my uncles wedding and vacation
Cbp;how long do you plan to stay
Me;three weeks
Cbp;are you a student?
Me;yes sir

I'll like to know your experience during your actual visa interview as a student
Cbp;how much did you travel with and what other items did you bring along?
Me;$500,traditional attires and party souvenirs for the wedding.
I got stamped in for 6months after this and my vacation was splendid.i can't wait for summer to come
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Schwartz: 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2018
seyewest:

Please feel free to share it here... this is a faceless forum...we're all learning.
Oga Seyewest i am a bit confused here. If someone should say they dont know anybody cos the person known came in and got stay via illegal. how does one show proof at POE the accomodoation one will be staying? I am thinking of like booking.com and Airbnb. The issue is they will deduct money if one doesn't cancel before check in date. For booking.com i saw its 2 days before check in and airBnb its 24 hours before check in date. I think the service charge will be forfeited. Does that mean that money will be lost in process? Because after POE there will be immediate cancellation. Pls do you know any means through which this issue can be solved without loosing money.
Pls bear in mind that one doesnt have any plans to stay back as one lives in a good country as well.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Activedreamer: 5:03pm On Jun 07, 2018
Hello, guys! Please, has anyone here travelled via Emirates airline? What was your experience like?

I have over 13 hours stop over in Dubai, do they lodge their passengers in a hotel, and if they do,are they to pick you up from the hotel afterwards?
Can one enter the city while there? Thanks.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Chuchunana: 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2018
Activedreamer:
Hello, guys! Please, has anyone here travelled via Emirates airline? What was your experience like?

I have over 13 hours stop over in Dubai, do they lodge their passengers in a hotel, and if they do,are they to pick you up from the hotel afterwards?
I love flying Emirates...they're definitely one of the best.
Accommodation, hotel drop off and pick up, visa, dinner and breakfast will all be arranged by Emirates. I've flown them twice to the US and I've had no complaints at all.

Enjoy your trip...Travel safe!

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2018
Schwartz:

Oga Seyewest i am a bit confused here. If someone should say they dont know anybody cos the person known came in and got stay via illegal. how does one show proof at POE the accomodoation one will be staying? I am thinking of like booking.com and Airbnb. The issue is they will deduct money if one doesn't cancel before check in date. For booking.com i saw its 2 days before check in and airBnb its 24 hours before check in date. I think the service charge will be forfeited. Does that mean that money will be lost in process? Because after POE there will be immediate cancellation. Pls do you know any means through which this issue can be solved without loosing money.
Pls bear in mind that one doesnt have any plans to stay back as one lives in a good country as well.

I don't really get what you mean but if your plan is to stay in hotel or airbnb for a day then reserve a room for a day, but if your plan is to stay with someone staying in U.S illegally then you will have to rethinking your living arrangement because what you filled in your ds160 form must not be too far from where you plan to stay in U.S, please be very careful.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 6:49pm On Jun 07, 2018
Activedreamer:

You should read through this thread someone posted something of this nature...better still call Emirates to get first hand info.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Activedreamer: 8:07pm On Jun 07, 2018
Chuchunana:

I love flying Emirates...they're definitely one of the best.
Accommodation, hotel drop off and pick up, visa, dinner and breakfast will all be arranged by Emirates. I've flown them twice to the US and I've had no complaints at all.

Enjoy your trip...Travel safe!
Oh good. Thank you!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Schwartz: 8:16pm On Jun 07, 2018
seyewest:

I don't really get what you mean but if your plan is to stay in hotel or airbnb for a day then reserve a room for a day, but if your plan is to stay with someone staying in U.S illegally then you will have to rethinking your living arrangement because what you filled in your ds160 form must not be too far from where you plan to stay in U.S, please be very careful.
Seems you were in a hurry reading this i said summarily. I have a friend who i will stay with however this friend came in via means i am not so sure of. I cannot claim to know this person via POE. So i want to book a place that will cover the duration of my stay as proof of address/ accomodation for the days i will be in the US. Next, i came across Booking.com and AirBnb however they will charge me for cancelling on check in date (arrival date is check in). In order not to loose money i am asking that how can i get a place to book with absolutely free cancellation for no show? And get my money back.
Lastly i am a German resident i have no plans whatsoever to remain in the stated just a short visit thats all.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 11:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
Schwartz:

Seems you were in a hurry reading this i said summarily. I have a friend who i will stay with however this friend came in via means i am not so sure of. I cannot claim to know this person via POE. So i want to book a place that will cover the duration of my stay as proof of address/ accomodation for the days i will be in the US. Next, i came across Booking.com and AirBnb however they will charge me for cancelling on check in date (arrival date is check in). In order not to loose money i am asking that how can i get a place to book with absolutely free cancellation for no show? And get my money back.
Lastly i am a German resident i have no plans whatsoever to remain in the stated just a short visit thats all.

Making a day's sacrifice at the hotel may just be the best way forward, dunno.... Spend a little amount of Euro on this and be at rest, afterall you will have free accommodation for the other days.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 12:12am On Jun 08, 2018
Activedreamer:

Oh good. Thank you!

It is important too you know that if there was an option of a short layover time on same journey on their own site at the time you picked the long layover, you may then not qualify for this package. Hardly will a New York bound flight for example qualify for it, they have daily timely flight on that route....

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Activedreamer: 7:33am On Jun 08, 2018
OmoBendel24:

It is important too you know that if there was an option of a short layover time on same journey on their own site at the time you picked the long layover, you may then not qualify for this package. Hardly will a New York bound flight for example qualify for it, they have daily timely flight on that route....
Oh really? I just checked and saw a short layover at the same time. This is crazy. So,I will just sit my black a$s at the airport for 19 hours? I can't.
I have been calling them to confirm this,and nobody is picking.

Please, are you so sure about this?

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:13am On Jun 08, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Making a day's sacrifice at the hotel may just be the best way forward, dunno.... Spend a little amount of Euro on this and be at rest, afterall you will have free accommodation for the other days.

Exactly my friend.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tranxo(m): 9:34am On Jun 08, 2018
What's the duration of the shorter layover.
Activedreamer:

Oh really? I just checked and saw a short layover at the same time. This is crazy. So,I will just sit my black a$s at the airport for 19 hours? I can't.

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:43am On Jun 08, 2018
Activedreamer:

Where did you buy the ticket from? Are you in Lagos?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Activedreamer: 2:36pm On Jun 08, 2018
seyewest:

Where did you buy the ticket from? Are you in Lagos?
I'm in PH now. Bought it from wakanow while I was in Abuja 'cos I would be travelling from Abj.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Activedreamer: 2:37pm On Jun 08, 2018
tranxo:
What's the duration of the shorter layover.
4 hours.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:13pm On Jun 08, 2018
Activedreamer:

I'm in PH now. Bought it from wakanow while I was in Abuja 'cos I would be travelling from Abj.

Call Wakanow... they will arrange an accommodation for your stop over.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Activedreamer: 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2018
seyewest:

Call Wakanow... they will arrange an accommodation for your stop over.
Ok. Thank you.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:03pm On Jun 08, 2018
Activedreamer:

Ok. Thank you.

Let me know how far after the call.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Activedreamer: 5:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
seyewest:

Let me know how far after the call.
Yes, I have called them. They said Emirates will take care of that,they usually do for any stopover above 8 hours,That I shouldn't worry myself.

I just hope they are right.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 5:52pm On Jun 08, 2018
Activedreamer:

Yes, I have called them. They said Emirates will take care of that,they usually do for any stopover above 8 hours,That I shouldn't worry myself.

Yeah, correct. But then, unless things have changed lately, they don't take responsibility for over 8hrs stopover that wasn't caused by unavailability of stopover of lesser times on their portal as at the TIME OF BOOKING THE FLIGHT. the availability of that 4hrs stopover may just be some sort of undoing at the end of the day if it was there as at the time you booked the flight.

You know longer stopover tickets are mostly cheaper than shorter ones? I remember a friend I made at the hotel they lodged me in did pay for his visa, accommodation and feeding because he had this issue and couldn't just imagine the possibility of himself remaining at the airport for over 23hrs. Hopefully they have fixed this shortcoming, it affected passengers badly that period with loads of complaint accompanying....

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Chuchunana: 7:13pm On Jun 08, 2018
Activedreamer:

I think it's best you confirm from Emirates...those wakanow people, hmmm!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Activedreamer: 7:46pm On Jun 08, 2018
Chuchunana:

I think it's best you confirm from Emirates...those wakanow people, hmmm!
Thanks. I just wrote Emirates. I hope they reply me.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Activedreamer: 7:50pm On Jun 08, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Yeah, correct. But then, unless things have changed lately, they don't take responsibility for over 8hrs stopover that wasn't caused by unavailability of stopover of lesser times on their portal as at the TIME OF BOOKING THE FLIGHT. the availability of that 4hrs stopover may just be some sort of undoing at the end of the day if it was there as at the time you booked the flight.

You know longer stopover tickets are mostly cheaper than shorter ones? I remember a friend I made at the hotel they lodged me in did pay for his visa, accommodation and feeding because he had this issue and couldn't just imagine the possibility of himself remaining at the airport for over 23hrs. Hopefully they have fixed this shortcoming, it affected passengers badly that period with loads of complaint accompanying....
Thanks for this info. Na wah o! I wish I made enquiries before booking. It's all good.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2018
OmoBendel24:

I think Emirates will take care of any stopover over 20 hrs even if there's an available shorter stop over.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Armadaij(m): 10:52pm On Jun 08, 2018
Activedreamer:

Thanks. I just wrote Emirates. I hope they reply me.

The fact that there is a shorter connecting flight within that time frame may make you ineligible for the offer.

The link below will answer all your questions regarding the layover arrangement.

https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/before-you-fly/dubai-international-airport/dubai-connect-conditions.aspx

Also, below is the specific part of the T&C that explains your eligibility or otherwise for "Dubai Connect"

Eligibility

You must meet the following eligibility criteria to qualify for the ‘Dubai Connect’ offer:

Minimum connecting time for Economy Class passengers
The connection time between inbound flight arrival into Dubai and the outbound flight departure from Dubai must be more than or equal to eight hours and less than or equal to 24 hours. The passenger must be booked on the best available connection, that being the one with the shortest transit time in Dubai, between the inbound flight into Dubai and the outbound flight from Dubai, to qualify for the ‘Dubai Connect’ offer.

Minimum connecting time for First Class and Business Class passengers
The connection time between inbound flight arrival into Dubai and outbound flight departure from Dubai must be more than or equal to six hours and less than or equal to 24 hours. The passenger must be booked on the best available connection, that being the one with the shortest transit time in Dubai, between the inbound flight into Dubai and the outbound flight from Dubai, to qualify for the ‘Dubai Connect’ offer.

Hope this helps.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jenny2007(f): 11:31pm On Jun 08, 2018
Activedreamer:

Thanks for this info. Na wah o! I wish I made enquiries before booking. It's all good.

I'm currently in the same situation as well. Booked online too but with Emirates directly in their site. I have a 9hrs layover. Went to Emirates office and they said no hotel provided becos there was a shorter layover option during my booking (I didnt even notice). By the way the option that i picked was the cheapest at time of booking. Best thing is to look for hotels around the airport (requires visa fee etc) or book a hotel INSIDE the airport. Check on bookings.com
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Lambarry1: 3:50am On Jun 09, 2018
Good people I need your advise people. I travelled to the us for a conference/workshops with a group of 4 now 2 of my group members have still not returned as we speak with them galivanting all over the place and the 3rd member no where to be found. The question I have now is that am planning to visit the USA again in December for Christmas and am wondering if i would be dissalowed entry during my Xmas vac since the group members i entered with have refused to exit. Advise pls on what steps to take.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:39am On Jun 09, 2018
Lambarry1:
Good people I need your advise people. I travelled to the us for a conference/workshops with a group of 4 now 2 of my group members have still not returned as we speak with them galivanting all over the place and the 3rd member no where to be found. The question I have now is that am planning to visit the USA again in December for Christmas and am wondering if i would be dissalowed entry during my Xmas vac since the group members i entered with have refused to exit. Advise pls on what steps to take.

Your life is your life... You should not be punished for what you know nothing about but the question is ''did you do group interview with them'' if your interview was done alone you have nothing to worry about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.