Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,727 members, 7,813,402 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (492545 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 6:03pm On Jun 22, 2018
Kbuddie:

It's a nice experience. You will be directed to a window where u will pick up your 3days transit Visa. After you pass through immigration, guys at d Emirates counter will assemble you guys in one corner (lol) inside the airport. Their shuttle buses will pick u up to Copthorne Hotel (although this might take a while depending on the number of people). Breakfast, lunch and dinner provided (buffet) operation showing boarding pass before you enter the restaurant because d boarding will be scanned at d restaurant for records. They will call ur room once its time for trip back to the airport, should in case u over slept. Trip to d airport is usually early probably for checking and security screening. All d best.

Thank you... Can you tell me about the hotel and surrounding area?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by olumig(m): 9:33pm On Jun 22, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Nothing much.... Relax, latch on to the airport's free Wi-Fi and do some catch-up, stroll around, see the airport, maybe take pictures, window shop, buy anything if you want to, admire the planes in view, feed your eyes generally. There isn't need to think of coming out of DXB, time is absolutely too short even if you have the visa or your passport is visa free into UAE, it takes some time to go through immigration on your way out and on your way back in especially on a busy day....
Thanks will do as suggested.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by olumig(m): 9:36pm On Jun 22, 2018
seyewest:

If you have a priority pass card or a member you can make your way to different lounge associated with priority pass .... or download a film and watch it at your gate.
appreciated
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 10:26pm On Jun 22, 2018
seyewest:

The hotel is cool with nice surrounding.. you can take a stroll or enter Dubai as there are private cabs with very good deals below $30 available to take you to juicy spots in Dubai. Only DOWNSIDE is the Internet charges at the hotel.. outrageous!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:34pm On Jun 22, 2018
ayenikunle:

The hotel is cool with nice surrounding.. you can take a stroll or enter Dubai as there are private cabs with very good deals below $30 available to take you to juicy spots in Dubai. Only DOWNSIDE is the Internet charges at the hotel.. outrageous!

We will find a way around it.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by eleven(m): 12:17am On Jun 23, 2018
Thisisdekoko:
Good morning nairalanders, I am due to travel to New Jersey soon and was early advice to use JFK as a cheaper fare option rather than EWR in New jersey but for a week now that I have searched, I am seeing a cheaper fare rate from LOS to EWR compare to LOS to JFK on Ethiopia(Asky) airline and I tend to book to EWR rather than JFK. My question now is to know if the POE at EWR is friendly as i have not really hear anybody transcript on transiting/stop there on this thread or will it be better i use JFK not minding the fare difference. Please gurus in the house i need your opinion on this soon.
@seyewest,@omobendel,@Twood,@LadyG,@Nothingdome and others please!!!

Ethiopian Airline Lagos - Lome - Newark route is very okay. I have used it twice and enjoyed the experience. Regarding Newark POE, my experiences with them so far was stress free, friendly and fast.

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Kbuddie: 10:21am On Jun 23, 2018
seyewest:

The hotel ambience is fantastic. There is a swimming pool if you are interested. Apart from the metered cabs suggested. There is a metro train station not too far from the hotel to get u around Dubai if you are familiar with d city.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:03pm On Jun 23, 2018
Kolping:
Canada warns Nigerian asylum seekers crossing from US: There's 'no free ticket'
By Morgan Winsor

Your post have nothing to do with this thread. This thread is strictly for Transcript/Discussion at the Port of Entry in United State Of America.
Wrong post.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by christar1: 1:39am On Jun 24, 2018
Please Advise. Can I drop my wife in US to have a baby, return to Nigeria for 5 months and return to US without issues at PoE?

I have a very important business I'm doing in Nigeria for a few months after which I and wife plan to relocate to USA by applying for change of status from B visa to F1 Visa after arrival. But we realized she is pregnant now.

Assuming we both go now and I set her up with a hospital and relatives and I return to Nigeria to finish my business, when i return to US in 5 months time b4 her i-94 expires (assuming we got 6 months on our i-94 the first time), would the CBP be able to know that my wife is in US and would they find my movement unusual even though my wife would still be legal at that time, as per her i-94?

I don't want them to start asking questions like "Why did you leave your wife here for 5 months after your vacation and why have you come back? etc."

How can I avoid this scenario? What do you think?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ishiamu(m): 9:21am On Jun 24, 2018
seyewest:

Your post have nothing to do with this thread. This thread is strictly for Transcript/Discussion at the Port of Entry in United State Of America.
Wrong post.

please am a first time visa applicant for tourism....can you advise on interview and how to answer to avoid visa denial please, and basic mistakes that can lead to denial.

thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:30am On Jun 24, 2018
ishiamu:

please am a first time visa applicant for tourism....can you advise on interview and how to answer to avoid visa denial please, and basic mistakes that can lead to denial.

thanks

This Thread is for people with U.S VISA and planning to make a trip to U.S or have made a trip to U.S. Thank you.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:31am On Jun 24, 2018
christar1:
Please Advise. Can I drop my wife in US to have a baby, return to Nigeria for 5 months and return to US without issues at PoE?

I have a very important business I'm doing in Nigeria for a few months after which I and wife plan to relocate to USA by applying for change of status from B visa to F1 Visa after arrival. But we realized she is pregnant now.

Assuming we both go now and I set her up with a hospital and relatives and I return to Nigeria to finish my business, when i return to US in 5 months time b4 her i-94 expires (assuming we got 6 months on our i-94 the first time), would the CBP be able to know that my wife is in US and would they find my movement unusual even though my wife would still be legal at that time, as per her i-94?

I don't want them to start asking questions like "Why did you leave your wife here for 5 months after your vacation and why have you come back? etc."

Your question has been dealt with in the other thread.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 9:35am On Jun 24, 2018
christar1:

Why not take this question to the birthing thread rather, you will get a comprehensive response there, they should know better....

https://www.nairaland.com/4250945/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:50am On Jun 24, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Why not take this question to the birthing thread rather, you will get a comprehensive response there, they should know better....

https://www.nairaland.com/4250945/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures

@omobendel please check your PM.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ishiamu(m): 10:01am On Jun 24, 2018
seyewest:

This Thread is for people with U.S VISA and planning to make a trip to U.S or have made a trip to U.S. Thank you.

i know, but cant you help out?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by olumig(m): 10:15am On Jun 24, 2018
Anyone with SFO POE experience
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:18am On Jun 24, 2018
ishiamu:

i know, but cant you help out?

I'm sorry I can't.... Go through that thread you will find everything you needed.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ishiamu(m): 12:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
seyewest:

I'm sorry I can't.... Go through that thread you will find everything you needed.

Alright thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 3:08pm On Jun 24, 2018
seyewest:

@omobendel please check your PM.

Okay boss. Will get in there by morrow. I seem to be having issues with the password to that email account right now, will have to login from a device on which I saved the details, that will be morrow. Greetings bro!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:03pm On Jun 24, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Okay boss. Will get in there by morrow. I seem to be having issues with the password to that email account right now, will have to login from a device on which I saved the details, that will be morrow. Greetings bro!

okay
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ebonychic18(f): 5:16pm On Jun 26, 2018
Hello good people. Please any suggestions on how to move from JFK to DFW? Since flight will arrive JFK about 7pm at night. Are there late night flights to DFW? Or I have to wait till next day morning? Do I go to LaGuardia ? Please any suggestions as to how to go about this? Already got ticket for NY but need to get to Dallas instead. Please good people help me figure this out as I'm considering my finances too. Thank you.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Activedreamer: 5:28pm On Jun 26, 2018
ebonychic18:
Hello good people. Please any suggestions on how to move from JFK to DFW? Since flight will arrive JFK about 7pm at night. Are there late night flights to DFW? Or I have to wait till next day morning? Do I go to LaGuardia ? Please any suggestions as to how to go about this? Already got ticket for NY but need to get to Dallas instead. Please good people help me figure this out as I'm considering my finances too. Thank you.
Just type 'evening flights from JFK to DFW' on Google.
I'm in same scenario,but will have to spend the night in NYC. Hotels don't come cheap there. I wish I could leave same night, but I want to tour New York

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 5:47pm On Jun 26, 2018
You guys I doubt will get a direct late night flight to either DFW or Lovefield from JFK/LGA. You will mostly see night flights with at least a stopover that will continue early next day from wherever. So, why not just pass the night in NY and book an afternoon/early evening flight out of NY? Just avoid Manhattan hotels if you are considering much of your pocket, but ensure you somehow see a bit of its downtown that your arrival night if possible, and just hope jetlag has nothing on you the next day. Hotels around Queens will be your best shot! Easy from and to airport and to/fro Downtown Manhattan too....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Lala2018: 6:19pm On Jun 26, 2018
@seyewest @signature2012@jamesgordon thanks guys. So made it through the POE at Abu Dabi am in New York as I type with family
So here are the questions asked and I sincerely must commend every comment or criticism on NL trust me there are two sides to a coin.
CBP: hello where are you going
Me: New York
cBP: where will you be staying and with who?
Me: white plains( this abt 1hrs drive from the city kinda of secluded place)
CBP : so do you have a family here?
Me: No but have friends
CBP : what do you do in your country
Me: am a Dr
CBP :how long will you be staying ,18 days?
Me: No I planed for 14 days
Turns to my wife
What do you do in Nigeria
Wife :a banker
CBP : so you pregnant do you plan to give birth here
Us : both laff and chorus not at all we got two handful already we done.
CBP : so who is picking you up
me: our host
CBP : so are they family members( note he already asked if we had family )
Me: no friends
CBP : any form of invite I can't see where you going on the screen here(lie cos we filled it out earlier befor boarding)
Me : ye s hand over the letter on invite and emphasis to host us that's feeding and transportation.
CBP : so how much is available for the trip
Me: $4000. Calculation is $1,000 pers person at the rate of $500 per week.( candid advice each person must be smart especially for families if you plan hotel reservation calculate it and factor minimum expenditure including transportation feeding and shopping what ver you say make it between 3-7k depending on your size .
CBP :do you ave any food item to
Me yes state them all
CBP pls go to agric, when you done we will give you your wife's passport
At agric
Pls what do you have?
Me o state it in clear terms listing everything
Agric can we have your keys to the luggage?
Checks through commends that he is impressed we declared and it's exactly the way we declared it, not in commercial qty
Go on
At jfk no immigration we just picked our bags and were welcomed by the fresh air of New York .
Thanks guys

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ebonychic18(f): 7:29pm On Jun 26, 2018
OmoBendel24:
You guys I doubt will get a direct late night flight to either DFW or Lovefield from JFK/LGA. You will mostly see night flights with at least a stopover that will continue early next day from wherever. So, why not just pass the night in NY and book an afternoon/early evening flight out of NY? Just avoid Manhattan hotels if you are considering much of your pocket, but ensure you somehow see a bit of its downtown that your arrival night if possible, and just hope jetlag has nothing on you the next day. Hotels around Queens will be your best shot! Easy from and to airport and to/fro Downtown Manhattan too....

Well..thanks I see I can't escape spending the night in newyork. It's just that I also have an event that I'll like to attend the next day(Dallas) after arriving new York .
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by olumig(m): 7:42pm On Jun 26, 2018
OmoBendel24:
Thanks on the hotel info, planning a 3 day stop over
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:53pm On Jun 26, 2018
ebonychic18:

Check skyscanners... it will help you.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:58pm On Jun 26, 2018
ebonychic18:

Well..thanks I see I can't escape spending the night in newyork. It's just that I also have an event that I'll like to attend the next day(Dallas) after arriving new York .
Next time land 2-3 days before the event.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:00pm On Jun 26, 2018
Lala2018:
@seyewest @signature2012@jamesgordon thanks guys. So made it through the POE at Abu Dabi am in New York as I type with family
So here are the questions asked and I sincerely must commend every comment or criticism on NL trust me there are two sides to a coin.

Checks through commends that he is impressed we declared and it's exactly the way we declared it, not in commercial qty
Go on
At jfk no immigration we just picked our bags and were welcomed by the fresh air of New York .
Thanks guys

Wow nice one.... How can you rate Abu Dhabi preclearance?... what do you think about the CBP officers?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 8:03pm On Jun 26, 2018
ebonychic18:

Catch an early morning (before 6am or 6:15am at most) direct flight next day then, about 3 and half hours flight, take note that NY is an hour ahead of TX and you will in essence be in Dallas by between their 8:30-9:00am. Na to cancel any Downtown waka be dat then.

You fit also brave am sleep airport (toast the local flight airline people to help check-in your luggage that night you arrive, and remove luggage wahala from your neck), but TSA people go close the wing to use likely (this doesn't affect your luggage check-in oh, you can do that from any wing you find your airline check-in set up), and won't open it till early morning. Enough stress for you that is....

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ebonychic18(f): 12:02am On Jun 27, 2018
seyewest:

Next time land 2-3 days before the event.
last minute decision....something came up. It wasn't in the plan initially.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.