Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,596 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (492065 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
4wheeler:
Someone once told me a family was denied entry because the kids were asked a few questions and they answered they were still in school the previous day.
I do not believe such but a lot of rumors spreading like wild fire.i heard it’s not advise-able to enter through jfk because it is the pathway to cross to canada
Someone even said a guy was denied entry because the Naija number on his ID card was called and the person that answered said wrong number
I actually do not believe they would call a Naija number from there. What if it falls to midnight in nigeria. Will they expect the person to pick calls in the middle of the night.
I just had to post this so someone might find it useful just as I ve found a lot of useful info around here.
Thank you to everyone that has contributed positively

I will appreciate if you can quote a source to all these rumors... Stop giving yourself headache unless you have plans to migrate illegally.

4 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by 4wheeler: 10:11pm On Aug 30, 2018
seyewest:

I will appreciate if you can quote a source to all these rumors... Stop giving yourself headache unless you have plans to migrate illegally.
[color=#006600][/color]

I already said they are rumors. Just trying to share some of what I ve heard maybe I ll be helping someone not to believe them. Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:10am On Aug 31, 2018
4wheeler:
[color=#006600][/color]

I already said they are rumors. Just trying to share some of what I ve heard maybe I ll be helping someone not to believe them. Thanks

Bro not accusing or trying to make you uncomfortable but if you had gone through the thread you will noticed that we usually discussed about current issues affecting POE experiences in U.S airport especially for Nigerian passengers.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by pizzler: 1:22pm On Sep 08, 2018
Hi all, feel I should share my Poe experience not in d spirit of giving back but for the purpose of those who cast aspersions on my person for reasons only fair silly minds can fathom. A lit of bullying happens here n it should not be so. I want to believe we are all mature minds n for the idiot who said he realises why my husband left, I forgive u knowing that a greater disaster will befall your destiny.
I and my kids arrived Washington Dulles on Thursday to a large crowd of travellers. I spent about 2hours on d queue. Officer-Hi, u look tired
Me-too Yes I am but still excited to be here
Officer-Wat are you here for
Me- vacation. I am on leave
Officer-wat do you do
Me-i am a......
Officer-can I find u or ur last article using google
Me-yes but plz use my married name which is..... My maiden name is what is on my passport. Last article I wrote is... . I also have docs to prove that both names are one and same person
Officer-i like your job. It's interesting
Me-thanks
Officer-enjoy your stay ( stamps my passport)
Officer
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by pizzler: 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2018
Hi all, feel I should share my Poe experience not in d spirit of giving back but for the purpose of those who cast aspersions on my person for reasons only their silly minds can fathom. A lit of bullying happens here n it should not be so. I want to believe we are all mature minds n for the idiot who said he realises why my husband left, I forgive u knowing that a greater disaster will befall your destiny.
I and my kids arrived Washington Dulles on Thursday to a large crowd of travellers. I spent about 2hours on d queue. Officer-Hi, u look tired
Me-too Yes I am but still excited to be here
Officer-Wat are you here for
Me- vacation. I am on leave
Officer-wat do you do
Me-i am a......
Officer-can I find u or ur last article using google
Me-yes but plz use my married name which is..... My maiden name is what is on my passport. Last article I wrote is... . I also have docs to prove that both names are one and same person
Officer-i like your job. It's interesting
Me-thanks
Officer

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2018
pizzler:
Hi all, feel I should share my Poe experience not in d spirit of giving back but for the purpose of those who cast aspersions on my person for reasons only their silly minds can fathom. A lit of bullying happens here n it should not be so. I want to believe we are all mature minds n for the idiot who said he realises why my husband left, I forgive u knowing that a greater disaster will befall your destiny.

Officer

Congrats on safe arrival to U.S but are you sure someone said that to you on this thread? maybe it was on another thread because I tried to cut out bullying or trolling on this thread, nevertheless I'm sorry.
Did you use Emirates?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by timidapsin(m): 2:21am On Sep 09, 2018
seyewest:

Congrats on safe arrival to U.S but are you sure someone said that to you on this thread? maybe it was on another thread because I tried to cut out bullying or trolling on this thread, nevertheless I'm sorry.
Did you use Emirates?
I just arrived this thread and I came across the place where that idiot wrote that rubbish to this wonderful lady (page69) ...
Some folks here can be annoying seriously.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by pizzler: 11:27am On Sep 09, 2018
Dat is a screenshot. If that @toyrem life start to fall apart like buhari's health, they will sa his village people have come again. N @omobendel u need to take a chill pill. Ur blood is to hot n no be you get America. You just spew rubbish at people like u r not going die someday

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by KaptainAfrika: 1:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
What's the point of this post ? you know you are a hypocrite, you cry that someone blasted you, and here you are blasting someone else, even mentioning death. Who are you ? God ? Are you the first to be blasted ? Abeg go seat and stop derailing this thread.

pizzler:
Dat is a screenshot. If that @toyrem life start to fall apart like buhari's health, they will sa his village people have come again. N @omobendel u need to take a chill pill. Ur blood is to hot n no be you get America. You just spew rubbish at people like u r not going die someday

4 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 1:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
pizzler:

I'm so sorry... I believe we should stay focus on the reason why the thread was created in the first place.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 09, 2018
Good day house. This is my first time here, and I will like to here your opinion.
I am single and I work with a bank, where I earn 100k. I want to apply for usa visiting visa, to visit a family member during my leave but scared of getting denied because of my marital status and low income.
Please need your opinion on whether I should go ahead to apply or just spend my leave in Dubai? Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by KaptainAfrika: 10:23pm On Sep 09, 2018
I would advise you not to apply. Marital status, income, how the family member go to the US, travel history - are some factors that may work against you.

Blesso222:
Good day house. This is my first time here, and I will like to here your opinion.
I am single and I work with a bank, where I earn 100k. I want to apply for usa visiting visa, to visit a family member during my leave but scared of getting denied because of my marital status and low income.
Please need your opinion on whether I should go ahead to apply or just spend my leave in Dubai? Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by asid(m): 11:15pm On Sep 09, 2018
Blesso222:

I was single, earning 150k, virgin passport (no travel experience) and got the visa on first trial. But since just by your thinking of applying you are already scared of been denied, i will say you have set things in motion (mentally), on this platform i have read someone with travel experience earning millions got denied so......, truth be told (BASED ON MY OWN EXPERIENCE) no one can tell what factor will grant you or not but one thing i know for sure is you have to get your mind in the right place first.

My personal opinion

forgive any typo

8 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by BabbanBura(m): 11:37pm On Sep 09, 2018
asid:

I was single, earning 150k, virgin passport (no travel experience) and got the visa on first trial. But since just by your thinking of applying you are already scared of been denied, i will say you have set things in motion (mentally), on this platform i have read someone with travel experience earning millions got denied so......, truth be told (BASED ON MY OWN EXPERIENCE) no one can tell what factor will grant you or not but one thing i know for sure is you have to get your mind in the right place first.

My personal opinion

forgive any typo

Truth be told, she can work out a higher chance of getting her visa application approved - your main purpose is key here. Are u going purely to flex vacation fully on ya bill or just to go hang around with a relation through out the leave period. whichever way u took, your approach must be different.
One thing am so sure about American visa is your chance of coming back. If they see a high chance u may not come back to Naija they will quickly deny u gbam.
Secondly your chance of comfortably sustaining yaself or your sponsor comfortably sustaining una over the period.
Finally, your history or that of your sponsor including travell and crime etc is also important.
Where are u based in Naija?

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by DoNotBeAfraid: 12:45am On Sep 10, 2018
Hello guys I just got into the US about 2 hours ago.
Flew in using Aeroflot from Tokyo to Los Angeles via Moscow.
The Journey was the longest I ever had.
A320 From Tokyo to Moscow was about 10 hours flight time
B777 from Moscow to Los Angeles was about 12hours
And we has a 6hours layover at Moscow.
On arrival at LAX joined the queue then scanned my passport and also got the printout from the biometric .

Straight to the CBP.
Was the only Black guy on the line.
Next.

Me: Good day. Handing over my passport.
CBP: stamps me in and then asked how long are you here for.
ME: out of shock i answered About 10days (wasn’t expecting any questions and I am staying for 3 weeks. )
CBP: Are you coming from Nigeria?
ME: NO. Am coming from Japan.
CBP: where will you be staying?
ME: A hotel at Long beach.
CBP: hands me my PP. And said enjoy your stay.

Was expecting the scary interrogation I see people talk about here.
Thanks guys I was prepared for them sha.

4 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by asid(m): 1:56am On Sep 10, 2018
BabbanBura:

Truth be told, she can work out a higher chance of getting her visa application approved - your main purpose is key here. Are u going purely to flex vacation fully on ya bill or just to go hang around with a relation through out the leave period. whichever way u took, your approach must be different.
One thing am so sure about American visa is your chance of coming back. If they see a high chance u may not come back to Naija they will quickly deny u gbam.
Secondly your chance of comfortably sustaining yaself or your sponsor comfortably sustaining una over the period.
Finally, your history or that of your sponsor including travell and crime etc is also important.
Where are u based in Naija?

Was replying to a question asked, presently i'm in the US
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by asid(m): 1:57am On Sep 10, 2018
DoNotBeAfraid:
On arrival at LAX joined the queue then scanned my passport and also got the printout from the biometric .

Straight to the CBP.
Next.

ME: out of shock i answered About 10days (wasn’t expecting any questions and I am staying for 3 weeks. )

Nice, do you live in Japan?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by moonraker(m): 3:20am On Sep 10, 2018
DoNotBeAfraid:

Straight to the CBP.
Next.

You live in Tokyo?

Enjoy your stay!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:15am On Sep 10, 2018
Blesso222:

This thread is for people with US Visa.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:48am On Sep 10, 2018
DoNotBeAfraid:

Straight to the CBP.
Next.

Long journey alert... grin grin grin

Have a nice trip and mind you, we're not scaring people but to alert them and to make them aware of what may happen at POE.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by BabbanBura(m): 11:05am On Sep 10, 2018
asid:

Was replying to a question asked, presently i'm in the US

Ah, u quietly ported leaving us behind on Nairaland! Sister u no try at all - Oya send us dollars
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by DoNotBeAfraid: 6:37pm On Sep 10, 2018
seyewest:

Long journey alert... grin grin grin

Have a nice trip and mind you, we're not scaring people but to alert them and to make them aware of what may happen at POE.

hehehehhe. I understand.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by DoNotBeAfraid: 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2018
moonraker:

You live in Tokyo?

Enjoy your stay!

I was there for a Job. stayed there for 2months
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by DoNotBeAfraid: 6:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
asid:

Nice, do you live in Japan?

yes for a while.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:03pm On Sep 10, 2018
DoNotBeAfraid:

yes for a while.

I'm interested in visiting Japan, will get in touch when I'm ready..
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 6:19am On Sep 12, 2018
Na WA o.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:50am On Sep 12, 2018
pizzler:
will you stop being foolish n tuck in your limp manhood. Who called you into this matter? It's very easy to know a man whose wife's boyfriend now feeds. Don't even come for me because I go tie wrapper wait you. I v tried to be very civil on here but when failures like you poke me, I ll show you how uncivilised I can be. Useless prick may d devil derail your life now and forever more.

Please make una take am easy ooo... remember this thread is read by people from different countries, please let us be civilized.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.