Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. (6088 Views)

Biblical Facts About Marriage / Biblical Facts About Polygamy / Solomon Was Not Wise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by irepnaija4eva(m): 1:45pm On Mar 06, 2017
5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

6 Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.
Songs of Solomon chapter 1 vs 5-6.

For the obvious above,I will really love more enlightened minds and bible scholars to throw more light on the above topic.
The floor is open for debates.

Let the show begin.
Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by Elisean(m): 2:05pm On Mar 06, 2017
I discovered this myself when I was 12, only biblical fact nothing more, not seen any other to back it all up.
Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by thesicilian: 2:24pm On Mar 06, 2017
Just seeing that now. The wisest man in history was a black man.
Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by platinumphotos: 8:17am On Mar 07, 2017
thesicilian:
There is no where in the above scriptures that says king Solomon was a black man.
And btw, Solomon was not the wisest man in history.
Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by Omudia11: 8:33am On Mar 07, 2017
Are you alright? Even in the fave of proof you still find a way around this?

What else does "I am black" mean? Na wa o!
platinumphotos:

There is no where in the above scriptures that says king Solomon was a black man.
Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by platinumphotos: 9:05am On Mar 07, 2017
Omudia11:

Solomon wasn't the one that uttered that statement. It was his lover (the female). Read the passage from verse one, you will understand better.
Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by thesicilian: 9:19am On Mar 07, 2017
platinumphotos:

Oh, I forgot. You are the wisest.
Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by platinumphotos: 9:31am On Mar 07, 2017
thesicilian:

Oh, I forgot. You are the wisest.
Matthew 12:42 tells us about the wisest man of all time.

"The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here."
So you already know HIM.
Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by thesicilian: 10:16am On Mar 07, 2017
platinumphotos:

"The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here."
So you already know HIM.
Solomon was a man, a human being in all ramifications, whereas Jesus is God. There is no basis for comparison.
Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by platinumphotos: 10:21am On Mar 07, 2017
thesicilian:

Solomon was a man, a human being in all ramifications, whereas Jesus is God. There is no basis for comparison.
All New Testament believers are infinitely wiser than Solomon, our wisdom is in Christ.
Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by thesicilian: 10:54am On Mar 07, 2017
platinumphotos:

All New Testament believers are infinitely wiser than Solomon, our wisdom is in Christ.
Have to agree with you on that.
But technically speaking, 99.9% of these new testament believers hardly utilize up to 0.1% of this 'infinite wisdom' you speak of. So at the end of the day, ...

1 Like

Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by kuss: 10:57am On Mar 07, 2017
the word black does not mean skin colour
even Jeremiah used the same word
please read your Bible commentary very well

Jeremiah 8:21 (KJV) For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment hath taken hold on me.
Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by kingsman66(m): 11:01am On Mar 07, 2017
op explain in details
Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by platinumphotos: 5:58pm On Mar 07, 2017
thesicilian:

Have to agree with you on that.
But technically speaking, 99.9% of these new testament believers hardly utilize up to 0.1% of this 'infinite wisdom' you speak of. So at the end of the day, ...
I agree with u bro...

1 Like

Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 20, 2021
platinumphotos:

Solomon wasn't the one that uttered that statement. It was his lover (the female). Read the passage from verse one, you will understand better.
The lover Solomon described in chapter 6 was fair.However the book is Solomon's book as stated in verse 1
How can he describe her as "the only one"and that " she is as fair as the moon "
And that same person be referred to as black ?
Goddamnit you have to stop taking the Religious diet u are on and read clearly between the lines.
Religion is a big scam Sha.

1 Like

Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 20, 2021
platinumphotos:

Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 20, 2021
platinumphotos:

So you already know HIM.
If they call Jesus a man now you will still say no he is not a man he is God.
He said Solomon or Sulayman was the wisest Man finish.
Religion is a scam.
Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by Nobody: 1:57am On Aug 20, 2021
platinumphotos:

The person who says look not upon me because i am black has siblings by his mother" MY MOTHER'S CHILDREN WERE ANGRY WITH ME" but the person who is described by the male(SOLOMON OR SULAYMAN) as the woman he is talking about has no siblings."She IS THE ONLY CHILD OF HER MOTHER "
Read between the lines.

Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by Kobojunkie: 2:00am On Aug 20, 2021
Omudia11:

I also concur that indeed, the woman, Solomon's supposed lover in the poem, is the one who the statement in chapter about being black are attributed to, this in Songs of Solomon.

1. Solomon’s Most Wonderful Song.
2 Cover me with kisses,
for your love is better than wine.
3 Your perfume smells wonderful,
but your name[a] is sweeter than the best perfume.
That is why the young women love you.
4 Take me with you. Let’s run away. The king took me into his room.
We will rejoice and be happy for you. Remember, your love is better than wine. With good reason, the young women love you.

5 Daughters of Jerusalem,I am dark and beautiful, as black as the tents of Kedar and Salma.
6 Don’t look at how dark I am, how dark the sun has made me. My brothers were angry with me. They forced me to take care of their vineyards, so I could not take care of myself.

7. I love you with all my soul! Tell me, where do you feed your sheep? Where do you lay them down at noon? I should come to be with you or I will be like a hired woman caring for the sheep of your friends. -- Songs of Solomon 1 vs 1 - 7
Solomon did not have siblings and so we can conclude that he didn't have brothers whose vineyards he was forced to care for. undecided

Neither was Solomon a woman that we would pose as a hired woman for any one. undecided
Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by Nobody: 2:11am On Aug 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I also concur that indeed, the woman, Solomon's supposed lover in the poem, is the one who the statement in chapter about being black are attributed to, this in Songs of Solomon.

Solomon did not have siblings and so we can conclude that he didn't have brothers whose vineyards he was forced to care for. undecided

Neither was Solomon a woman that we would pose as a hired woman for any one. undecided
How can you say Solomon does not have siblings? You are really high on a Religious diet , probably higher than cocaine or heroine.
don't change what is written and misinterpret it.can't he act like an hired woman?
If you don't have facts to post then go to bed.
Considering the fact that she was her "MOTHER'S ONLY CHILD"
HOW CAN HER MOTHER'S CHILDREN STILL BE ANGRY WITH HER"
Abi na u fhuck her Mother give her other children.

Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by Kobojunkie: 2:20am On Aug 20, 2021
irepnaija4eva:

5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

6 Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.
Songs of Solomon chapter 1 vs 5-6.
For the obvious above,I will really love more enlightened minds and bible scholars to throw more light on the above topic.
The floor is open for debates.

Let the show begin.
In Songs of Solomon chapter 5, the woman however describes her lover as tanned.

9 Beautiful woman, how is your lover different from other lovers? Is your lover better than other lovers? Is that why you ask us to make this promise?

10 My lover is tanned and radiant. He would stand out among 10,000 men.
11 His head is like the purest gold. His hair is curly and as black as a raven.
12 His eyes are like doves by a stream, like doves in a pool of milk, like a jewel in its setting.
13 His cheeks are like a garden of spices, like flowers used for perfume. His lips are like lilies, dripping with liquid myrrh.
14 His arms are like gold rods, filled with jewels. His body is like smooth ivory with sapphires set in it.
15 His legs are like marble pillars on bases of fine gold.

He stands tall like the finest cedar tree in Lebanon!
16 Yes, women of Jerusalem, my lover is everything I desire. His mouth is the sweetest of all. This is my lover; this is my darling. - Songs of Solomon 5 vs 9 - 16
Not a typical description for any black man, particularly the marble and ivory references. undecided
Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by Nobody: 2:43am On Aug 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
In Songs of Solomon chapter 5, the woman however describes her lover as tanned.

Not a typical description for any black man, particularly the marble and ivory references. undecided
Stop posting your instincts here and post facts.
She was her mother's only child.
How can she then say my mother's children are angry with me ?
She is even described using rhetorical question to be as fair as the moon.
You are really high on a Religious diet that is higher than cocaine or heroine.

Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by Nobody: 2:48am On Aug 20, 2021
thesicilian:
clearly was according to fhuckin Bible evidence.
Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by Kobojunkie: 3:38am On Aug 20, 2021
kuss:
the word black does not mean skin colour
even Jeremiah used the same word
please read your Bible commentary very well

Jeremiah 8:21 (KJV) For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment hath taken hold on me.
The description given in Songs of Solomon is of skin color of Solomon's Shulammite lover .
1. Solomon’s Most Wonderful Song.
2 Cover me with kisses,
for your love is better than wine.
3 Your perfume smells wonderful,
but your name[a] is sweeter than the best perfume.
That is why the young women love you.
4 Take me with you. Let’s run away. The king took me into his room.
We will rejoice and be happy for you. Remember, your love is better than wine. With good reason, the young women love you.

5 Daughters of Jerusalem,I am dark and beautiful, as black as the tents of Kedar and Salma.
6 Don’t look at how dark I am, how dark the sun has made me. My brothers were angry with me. They forced me to take care of their vineyards, so I could not take care of myself.

7. I love you with all my soul! Tell me, where do you feed your sheep? Where do you lay them down at noon? I should come to be with you or I will be like a hired woman caring for the sheep of your friends. -- Songs of Solomon 1 vs 1 - 7
She even attempts in verse 6 to explain why the sun made her skin so dark. undecided
Re: King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. by Workch: 3:43am On Aug 20, 2021
The Bible is not where you should be looking for facts

(1) (Reply)

Something You Need To Know About the evil of Witchcraft, Magic And Sorcery / Prophet Odumeje In Trouble As Immediate Arrest Looms / This Is What To Do To Be Born Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.