Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

What The Igbos Want In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Igbos Want In Nigeria (2327 Views)

Why Do Igbos Want To Steal All The Oil With 'Biafra'? / Why Do Igbos Want Biafra But Don't Want To Relocate / "Real Reason Igbos Want To Leave Nigeria" – Ex Governor Balarabe Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by maynation(f): 10:31am On Mar 07, 2017
The Pathetic parasitic opportunists down east are just bunch of minors in Nigeria with no contribution to the financial wellbeing of the nation hence the reason they would forever remain irrelevant.

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by maynation(f): 10:38am On Mar 07, 2017
Etogist:

And why haven't you done that? .... Oh now I got it.... because we are whiter than white and whiter than snow. We are formidable before our enemies and we fear no foes.
formidable before your enemies? Lol

Has formidable had another meaning down the region of the eroded land?
The nuisance you called Messiah is living is nightmare in Kuje prison, and your coward MASSOBS recently closed down all camps. Formidable?? What more do you need to read the handwriting on easterners' wall? Impressive failure cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 07, 2017
cheruv:

When someone sees your submission, he'd think you're passionate about equity...not knowing you're only talking bkos you feel your ethnic nationality's position has improved considerably undecided

I'm for equity and justice.

I am talking because all Nigerians irrespective of your ethnic group should have a chance at relevance in this country.

This was one of the reasons I campaigned vigorously for Jonathan in my area of relevance.

Jonathan wasn't spectacular as president in the last two years of Yar'adua's tenure, but I was happy that at last someone from a minority ethnic group will be president.

I was very excited indeed, but was exceedingly disappointed in his lacklustre government filled with compulsive pickpockets.

So, no! I'm not an ethnic bigot. I'm speaking because the other groups too should be allowed to have a say in the affairs of this country.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by SuperPanther: 11:49am On Mar 07, 2017
Ioannes:

[s]I'm for equity and justice.

I am talking because all Nigerians irrespective of your ethnic group should have a chance at relevance in this country.

This was one of the reasons I campaigned vigorously for Jonathan in my area of relevance.

Jonathan wasn't spectacular as president in the last two years of Yar'adua's tenure, but I was happy that at last someone from a minority ethnic group will be president.

I was very excited indeed, but was exceedingly disappointed in his lacklustre government filled with compulsive pickpockets.

So, no! I'm not an ethnic bigot. I'm speaking because the other groups too should be allowed to have a say in the affairs of this country.[/s]

Stop pretending like you don't understand the points here.

Eevn your Obasanjo has said that the hausa/fulani cannot complain.

The yoruba cannot complain.

Even the Niger Delta has been represented as executive president.

But the Igbo nation which is among the big three has not produced an executive president and you want us to be happy?

When you have ganged up with the northerners to perpertually frustrate the Igbos.

Allow them go, no yet you cannot be fair.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
[s]
SuperPanther:

Stop pretending like you don't understand the points here.

Eevn your Obasanjo has said that the hausa/fulani cannot complain.

The yoruba cannot complain.

Even the Niger Delta has been represented as executive president.

But the Igbo nation which is among the big three has not produced an executive president and you want us to be happy?

When you have ganged up with the northerners to perpertually frustrate the Igbos.

Allow them go, no yet you cannot be fair.
[/s]

What silly big three are you talking about?

Isn't Nnamdi Azikiwe no longer Igbo?

Has Itshekiri produced a president? How about Urhobo?, Tiv?, Angas and the others? You've had your turn, why shouldn't they?

Why must you go on and on and on, or are you saying that they don't matter too?

@bolded, you obviously don't know the political history of your country. Go and find out and you'll be shocked who has been licking the ass of the Hausa/Fulani.

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by SuperPanther: 12:41pm On Mar 07, 2017
Ioannes:

[s]What silly big three are you talking about?

Has Itshekiri produced a president? How about Urhobo?, Tiv?, Angas and the others? You've had your turn, why shouldn't they?

@bolded, you obviously don't know the political history of your country. Go and find out and you'll be shocked who has been licking the ass of the Hausa/Fulan[/s]i.

Are you mad?

Why are you splashing me smelly black spit?

Was it your son obasanjo that made the statement?

Was Azikiwe an executive president?

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 07, 2017
[s]
SuperPanther:

Are you mad?

Why are you splashing me smelly black spit?

Was it your son obasanjo that made the statement?

Was Azikiwe an executive president?
[/s]

Why are you pained? Why the insults? cheesy

This recession na bad thing o.

No Azikiwe wasn't an executive president, he was a judiciary president. grin

Ask your 5year old brother in primary school, who was the first president of Nigeria?

We were all taught in civic or social studies in primary school. Obviously you didn't attend one.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by SuperPanther: 12:54pm On Mar 07, 2017
Ioannes:
[s][/s]

[s]Why are you pained? Why the insults? cheesy

Ask your 5year old brother in primary school, who was the first president of Nigeria?

We were all taught in civic or social studies in primary school. Obviously you didn't attend one[/s].
Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by orisa37: 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2017
It's Time Nigerians started earning Recognition by Merits borne out of wisdom, knowledge and understanding of Nigeria ethnic Cultures.
Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
kingzizzy:
The Igbos want their freedon and sovereigbty that was stolen in 1914 ln other to create Nigeria
Sorry to burst your bubble but that's not gonna happen. There was no vacuum in time between 1914 and today. Besides Nigeria is a legitimate entity in the eyes of the entire world. Your Biafran agitation is a waste of time

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by kingzizzy: 3:15pm On Mar 07, 2017
kropotkin2:
Sorry to burst your bubble but that's not gonna happen. There was no vacuum in time between 1914 and today. Besides Nigeria is a legitimate entity in the eyes of the entire world. Your Biafran agitation is a waste of time

And what was the vacuum before 1914? Or did Nigeria materialise from nowhere?

So Nigeria is a legitimate entity in the eyes of the entire world? So was Czecholovakia. Then it broke up into Czech Republic and Republic of slovakia, now both countries ar seen as ' legitimate entities in the eyes of the world'.

No agitation for freedom is a waste of time except to those who have embraced slavery.

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by Killitoff: 3:17pm On Mar 07, 2017
Ioannes:
[s][/s]

Why are you pained? Why the insults? cheesy

We were all taught in civic or social studies in primary school. Obviously you didn't attend one.

Lol. That kid is too dull but you wicked oooo

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by chijiblaze(m): 3:27pm On Mar 07, 2017
auggie340:

OSU caste system has been discouraged in Igbo land...You shud mind ur utterances esp. on issues you know nothing about...Every tribe had practices that are termed "terrible" by today's standard, wah matters is whether such is still been widely practiced...

"On 20 March 1956, Igbo legislators in the Eastern
House of Assembly, Enugu abrogated the then
common practice of referring people to as osus" wikipedia

You should rather bother urself about ur tribe and any uncivilized practices that still goes on there, at least you'll be commenting on issues you know a lot about undecided

You could be liable to prosecution and possibly face jail time if you make the mistake of calling someone "Osu".
This law is still in force especially in the southeast. I don't know about other parts of the country. It's high time we brought that law to take effect online and drastically punish all those uninformed Afonjaical trolls carelessly branding about such a sensitive and forbidden label and let them know what they're dealing with!

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 07, 2017
Killitoff:

Lol. That kid is too dull but you wicked oooo
lol. They are so predictable. Loud mouths, empty heads.
Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 07, 2017
kingzizzy:

And what was the vacuum before 1914? Or did Nigeria materialise from nowhere?

So Nigeria is a legitimate entity in the eyes of the entire world? So was Czecholovakia. Then it broke up into Czech Republic and Republic of slovakia, now both countries ar seen as ' legitimate entities in the eyes of the world'.

No agitation for freedom is a waste of time except to those who have embraced slavery.
You are comparing apples and pears here. There was a Czech and a Slovak nation colonized by the Austria-Hungary empire before the allied powers created them after world war 1. Before 1914 there was no Biafran state recognized by any nation state on earth. In the eyes of the international community, the area that constitutes your so called Biafra are merely states within Nigeria. Hence the legitimacy of the Nigerian state under international law
Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by kingzizzy: 6:40pm On Mar 07, 2017
kropotkin2:
You are comparing apples and pears here. There was a Czech and a Slovak nation colonized by the Austria-Hungary empire before the allied powers created them after world war 1. Before 1914 there was no Biafran state recognized by any nation state on earth. In the eyes of the international community, the area that constitutes your so called Biafra are merely states within Nigeria. Hence the legitimacy of the Nigerian state under international law

You do realise that Czechs and Slovaks are ethnic groups like Hausa/Igbo/ Yoruba? Colonised by the Austro-Hungarian same as the British did to us. Before 1914, there was no Czechoslovakia either, they became a country like Nigeria in 1918.

The situation of Czechoslovakia and Nigeria are exactly the same thing.

The only difference is that in Czechs and Slovaks are advanced Europeans who can shake hands and walk away as friends

While Nigerians are backward Africans who are prepared to fight and kill each other to keep the flag of Lord Lugard flying
Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by laudate: 3:21am On Mar 08, 2017
Ioannes:
What silly big three are you talking about?

@bolded, you obviously don't know the political history of your country. Go and find out and you'll be shocked who has been licking the ass of the Hausa/Fulani.

Help me tell dem!!
angry The Tiv are the fourth largest ethnic group in nigeria, yet they have not smelt presidency, vice-presidency or even Senate President! Don't even mention the Ebira, Igala, Yakurr or Dera. I don't know what they want those ones to say.... cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by laudate: 3:29am On Mar 08, 2017
chijiblaze:
You could be liable to prosecution and possibly face jail time if you make the mistake of calling someone "Osu".This law is still in force especially in the southeast. I don't know about other parts of the country. It's high time we brought that law to take effect online and drastically punish all those uninformed Afonjaical trolls carelessly branding about such a sensitive and forbidden label and let them know what they're dealing with!

Na wa for you people. cheesy You do not see anything wrong in labelling those Yoruba people as 'Afonja', but you get offended when they turn round to serve you a taste of your own medicine by calling you an 'Osu.' You know what? Let me allow the Yoruba people to give you a befitting reply. I am sure their response would be very interesting! Hehehe.... let the 'games' begin! wink

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 08, 2017
laudate:

Help me tell dem!!
angry The Tiv are the fourth largest ethnic group in nigeria, yet they have not smelt presidency, vice-presidency or even Senate President! Don't even mention the Ebira, Igala, Yakurr or Dera. I don't know what they want those ones to say.... cry

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 08, 2017
chijiblaze:

You could be liable to prosecution and possibly face jail time if you make the mistake of calling someone "Osu".
This law is still in force especially in the southeast. I don't know about other parts of the country. It's high time we brought that law to take effect online and drastically punish all those uninformed Afonjaical trolls carelessly branding about such a sensitive and forbidden label and let them know what they're dealing with!

Hilarious! Does Nairaland look like the East to you? No wonder you guys stroll aimlessly looking for threads to bash "Afonjas".

Oya, I want to see how you'll enforce your law and punish me here and maybe arrest me as well you this silly Osu troll. tongue

When you guys learn the simple courtesy of interaction with people of other tribes and religion, then we'll have a rancour free discussion on how to move this nation forward.

Keep calling us Afonja, you'll be served your own medicine, fresh and hot.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Want In Nigeria by auggie340(f): 10:07am On Mar 08, 2017
chijiblaze:

They speak out of ignorance most times...

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Dares Fayose To Prove Buhari Is On Life Support In UK / Restructuring: ‘yorubas Are The Most Ungrateful Backstabbers’ – Arewa Youth Coal / Attack On One Of Us Is An Attack On All Of Us- SE, SW, SS & Middle Belt Declare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.