Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,585 members, 7,837,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Emir Sanusi - I Won't Leave My Throne To Run For Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Sanusi - I Won't Leave My Throne To Run For Office (759 Views)

Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye / Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. / How Afonja (Yorubas) lost the Ilorin throne to Alimi (Fulani) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Sanusi - I Won't Leave My Throne To Run For Office by CeoNewshelm(m): 7:02am On Mar 07, 2017
The Emir of Kano, HRH Muhammadu Sanusi II on Monday said he will not leave his throne to run for political office.

The Emir made the remark while speaking at the Thomas Hodgkin Memorial Lecture, on the topic, “Tradition, Modernization and Reform: The Institution of Emir as Change Agent” (African History and Politics) at the Department of International Relations, Oxford University, United Kingdom.

The comment was in response to a question from an audience member who had asked if the Emir will run for office. Emir Sanusi replied 'No' .

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/03/emir-sanusi-i-wont-leave-my-throne-to.html

cc lalasticlala

Re: Emir Sanusi - I Won't Leave My Throne To Run For Office by tsamson(m): 7:03am On Mar 07, 2017
Emir hmm
Re: Emir Sanusi - I Won't Leave My Throne To Run For Office by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:04am On Mar 07, 2017
ok
Re: Emir Sanusi - I Won't Leave My Throne To Run For Office by Pchikaodili(m): 7:05am On Mar 07, 2017
I also thought of this,
wen Tinubu said sanusi is among those he may choose as running mate
Re: Emir Sanusi - I Won't Leave My Throne To Run For Office by firstking01(m): 7:05am On Mar 07, 2017
Yet another moro,n with a born to rule mentality.
Re: Emir Sanusi - I Won't Leave My Throne To Run For Office by LordIsaac(m): 7:06am On Mar 07, 2017
My man....!
Re: Emir Sanusi - I Won't Leave My Throne To Run For Office by menxer: 7:06am On Mar 07, 2017
this Sanusi sef, he should be grateful that he won't need election to renew his tenure as Emir.
grin
Re: Emir Sanusi - I Won't Leave My Throne To Run For Office by YESpParticipant: 7:08am On Mar 07, 2017
Also Read about...

The agreement reached at a meeting btw the BOI MD with yes-p participants on Monday 6th March 2017.

https://www.nairaland.com/3667614/agreement-reached-meeting-btw-boi
Re: Emir Sanusi - I Won't Leave My Throne To Run For Office by ojun50(m): 7:10am On Mar 07, 2017
D only tin i need u to do is to help yr northerns see education has an important tools to life
Re: Emir Sanusi - I Won't Leave My Throne To Run For Office by babyfaceafrica: 7:13am On Mar 07, 2017
Of course, he has always wanted to be emir,why will he leave it for politics..he has been in the game,so nothing dey there
Re: Emir Sanusi - I Won't Leave My Throne To Run For Office by Montaque(m): 7:40am On Mar 07, 2017
SLS, in ur absence now, they will present us with another half dead man. Can anything good come out from the 'not'?
Re: Emir Sanusi - I Won't Leave My Throne To Run For Office by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 07, 2017
Pchikaodili:
I also thought of this, wen Tinubu said sanusi is among those he may choose as running mate
Tinubu discussed that with you?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari refuses to answer questions from journalists on return to Nigeria / See What Lauretta Onochie Pres.buhari Social Media Aide Wrote. / EFCC Magu,: Protest In Kano, Lagos, Poertharcout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.