Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Do You Know This Spice Called Xylopia Aethiopica? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Know This Spice Called Xylopia Aethiopica? (3871 Views)

How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup / Please Help Me Identify This Spice. / Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know This Spice Called Xylopia Aethiopica? by umuna(m): 10:25am On Mar 07, 2017
The spice/herb Xylopia Aethiopica is aromatic, bitter in taste with a ting of pepper. In Nigeria and Africa, it is used as a spice in some area, and as herbs in others, which are all under exploited! It is known by the Igbo's as (Uda), Yoruba's (Eruu), Hausa's (Kimba) and the Urhrobo's as (Urhirien). With my experience, observation and interest, it is only used in our societies and homes only for pepper soup making or in herbal drinks/mixtures being hawked (Iya la Agbos!).In Niger delta areas and the Igbo's, it is used actively when a pregnant woman puts to bed and the spice is used to bring out the bad blood in the womb, and after that, it's usage in the home ends.
From our experience in using this herb/spice, we noticed that, it could help in many ways like:

1. Are you having cough and asthmatic?
2. If you are catching cold, it could warm you up
3. Having stomach upset? diarrhoea or menstrual pains?
4. Could treat rheumatism
5. At times, I use to treat water before drinking(Not large water ooo)
6. Are you having Jede-jede and waist pain? it could help out.
7. Aah it could help you and madam in the other room! Lol
8. Do you work during the night period and needs to stay awake and focus? It could help out

This wonderful spice/herb is not only meant for pepper soup cooking, but can be used in different ways for the sustenance of mankind

1 Like

Re: Do You Know This Spice Called Xylopia Aethiopica? by Temilaty(f): 8:51pm On Mar 07, 2017
Thanks....for the information
Re: Do You Know This Spice Called Xylopia Aethiopica? by umuna(m): 10:08am On Mar 08, 2017
Temilaty:
Temilaty:
You are welcome dear!
Re: Do You Know This Spice Called Xylopia Aethiopica? by Tmanir: 12:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
Thank you for this post. It's quite informative. I need about 3 tones of this herb/spice. How can i get it please?

umuna:
The spice/herb Xylopia Aethiopica is aromatic, bitter in taste with a ting of pepper. In Nigeria and Africa, it is used as a spice in some area, and as herbs in others, which are all under exploited! It is known by the Igbo's as (Uda), Yoruba's (Eruu), Hausa's (Kimba) and the Urhrobo's as (Urhirien). With my experience, observation and interest, it is only used in our societies and homes only for pepper soup making or in herbal drinks/mixtures being hawked (Iya la Agbos!).In Niger delta areas and the Igbo's, it is used actively when a pregnant woman puts to bed and the spice is used to bring out the bad blood in the womb, and after that, it's usage in the home ends.
From our experience in using this herb/spice, we noticed that, it could help in many ways like:

8. Do you work during the night period and needs to stay awake and focus? It could help out

This wonderful spice/herb is not only meant for pepper soup cooking, but can be used in different ways for the sustenance of mankind
Re: Do You Know This Spice Called Xylopia Aethiopica? by umuna(m): 10:13pm On Jun 14, 2017
Tmanir:
Thank you for this post. It's quite informative. I need about 3 tones of this herb/spice. How can i get it please?

Hi Tmanir

you can send us an E-mail to Cogwubuike@gmail.com or Wattsap 08090610026.
Re: Do You Know This Spice Called Xylopia Aethiopica? by Munzy14(m): 11:49pm On Jun 15, 2017
awesome uda.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know This Spice Called Xylopia Aethiopica? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
umuna:

wow.. nice info.. it's nice as an additional ingredient for making pepper soup especially for women that just delivered

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Alert: Fake/expired Mayonnaise Is Circulation / Catering School In Abeokuta Needed / What's The One Food You Can Prepare That Will Always Be A Hit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.