Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Simple Tips For Upcoming Artistes - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Simple Tips For Upcoming Artistes (557 Views)

About Ugobest Global Entertainment Foundation -opportunity For Upcoming Artistes / Pictures Upcoming Artistes Can Relate To / 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Tips For Upcoming Artistes by mokkalu1(m): 10:44am On Mar 07, 2017
It is evident now that one can make a reasonable living from being a musician in Nigeria. The testimonies of big acts like Don Jazzy, Psquare, Flavour, D’banj, Tiwa Savage and the likes have spurred so many youths to explore the possibility of taking up entertainment as a fulltime career. The road to the top is not so rosy and there are no specific rules to follow. However, there are some tips that can help any talent to maximize it’s potential and these, I think, are some valuable ones.
1. Practice and practice and practice. The saying that practice makes perfect is coming, but few appreciates the gravity of it. As an upcoming artiste, you don’t have the luxury of relaxation when it comes to practice. You have to keep pushing towards perfection, which by the way is not an end itself. Write and sing every day and you will marvel at how your skills will refine overtime.
2. Attend and perform at as many free gigs as possible. Some upcoming artiste shy away from free gigs in error. Take a cue from footballers, some of them pay to play in some local club and this creates avenue for both improvement and discovery. The more you climb stage, the better your presentation and delivery gets, and you never can tell who is watching.
3. Do not rush to release tracks and albums. It is always painful to see upcoming artistes with two albums already in the market. In as much as you have good songs and all that, you still need to grow an audience before pushing out tracks and albums. Considering the fact that the current set of new entrants in the industry make millions even before dropping an album, it is evident that there are other important things to be done before releasing contents into market.
4. Dress like an artiste. You have probably heard people say you should dress as you want to be addressed. This is not peculiar to cooperate people. You have to let people know where you are headed by the way you dress. So yeah, get those nice jeans, shoes, shirts and accessories. This however doesn’t mean you should dress above your means and go gaga with tattoos and all that; no, just let people know from your dressing that you have a stake – no matter how small – in the showbiz industry.
5. Be original. Nothing kills talent like copy copy. In a bid to sound like wizkid, Olamide or Phyno, many upcoming artistes have forgotten who they are, hence loosing their relevance and potential. You may like the way these big acts do their thing, but trust me, nobody wants a fake Wizzy when Babanla is still around. Your genre and their may be the same, but learn a lessen from the revolutions brought by the likes of Phyno, Patoranking, Burna Boy and even Kiss Daniel. Your best is what the world needs, not the adulteration of someone else.
6. Network with other industry players. No man is an Iceland. This is especially true in the entertainment industry where there are so many peeps at the background of every major hit. Learn to build a working relationship with producers, promoters, etc. As a plus, you can visit holinationnetwork.com and see if the package is ideal for you.
7. Embrace promotional opportunities. This is like the most important thing in your career. Falz says it better “even real talent gon still need promo”. Promote your talent in every possible way; blog, radio, magazine, tv etc. many prefer to spend more money on making music than in promoting it, the truth is, even among Big industry players, more is spent on promotion than on production. Do not be afraid to pay for promotion in as much as you are certain it will help you reach out to more audience.
8. Be active on social media. We leave in a digital world, and the importance of social media cannot be overemphasized. Those that appreciate this fact reap the continuous benefit and there is no need for much to be said here.
9. Learn the business part of music or hire who knows. This is the importance of media consultancy. Educate yourself and consult higher authorities on how best to make money from your talent.
10. Be humble. You should know this. Even if you must have your ego romanced, keep it down till you are at the top. At the upcoming level, learn to be humble and act gthe fool till you get what you want. As you ponder on this and educate yourself the more, I hope to see you at the top.
source:http://www.holixclusive.com/index.php/2017/03/07/simple-tips-for-upcoming-artistes/
Re: Simple Tips For Upcoming Artistes by Juztizz(m): 11:40pm On Mar 07, 2017
Nice write-up bro. Check this hot new release... https://my.notjustok.com/track/191278/drayacto-x-tjames-majere
Re: Simple Tips For Upcoming Artistes by mokkalu1(m): 10:10am On Mar 08, 2017
Juztizz:
Nice write-up bro.
Check this hot new release...
https://my.notjustok.com/track/191278/drayacto-x-tjames-majere
Though I don't understand Yoruba, I like your flow. Nice one.
Re: Simple Tips For Upcoming Artistes by Juztizz(m): 8:30am On Mar 09, 2017
mokkalu1:
Though I don't understand Yoruba, I like your flow. Nice one.
Thank you bro.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

20 Years After, Looking Back At The Notorious B.I.G. / Check Out Waves Complete Vst Bundles / Meek Mill Ft. ASAP Ferg – Slay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.