Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,011 members, 7,863,670 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:03 PM

The God Of Oppression - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The God Of Oppression (390 Views)

Urhobo Roots And The God's Fabric / Jakuta (god Of Thunder) / Road To Redemption: A Tale Of Kratos The God Of War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The God Of Oppression by Funsodepoet: 12:01pm On Mar 07, 2017
The god of oppression
Who snatched the piece off my mouth And made me suffer hunger's scotch. My belly is sunken, and my mouth longing, To dine in the pottage of the swine, Lest I pass to death's shrine.
The roses glow flaunting their beauty, The sparrows fly,clad in the sheathe of glory. I'm human,arrayed in ragging regalia. Penury's rats have chopped my cloths Because the tailors and drapers have tagged their wares with embargo prices.
They recruited hoodlums to set my pen ablaze They felt the taskmasters of poverty have connived with Sympathy to save me. They took my shed off my head And I'm now become a tenant in the jungle.
They offered snare for the promised security. We became the victims of our franchise. We slept in nightmares of reality, We walked on the landmines in broad daylight, In the land of my fathers did I become a slave to fear.
Who harvested the fruits watered by my sweat drops. Who came to me to snatch my kobo and pence? You left me crying and impoverished, All in the name of "give to Caesar what is Caesar's " A sacrifice to the god of oppression.
Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop. We're are made serfs to lords of oppression and ill will. Arise! oh compatriots of good will, Pay homage to the sacred creed of our heroes. Whose blood were shed to appease the god of freedom.
Daramola Ebenezer 2017.

(1) (Reply)

Give Back / Poem: Hips, Lips Or Tips / The Message - Flash Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.