Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting (3497 Views)

The Waiting Man / We Are Waiting: Fr. Mbaka: I’ll Resign As Prophet If There Will Be No 5 Hours... / Waiting For The Elect Of Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 3:03pm On Mar 07, 2017
Are you going through tough times? Are you heavy burdened? Are you going through trials or temptations? Are your eyes still fixed on God yet on the verge of losing your gaze on Him? Are you in the period of waiting?

The purpose of this thread is to give encouragement to Christians going through tough time.

So if you have any form of encouragement, be it Bible verses, hymns and songs, poems, anything inspirational that will keep our fellow brethren focused on God while expecting a testimony, please kindly post them here. Thank you.

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
1Thes 5:11 NIV
http://bible.com/111/1th.5.11.NIV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gjXBMC8-oM

Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by Ermacc: 4:30pm On Mar 07, 2017
Nice thread borne out of goodwill. But in as much as it good to pray, inspire and encourage the burdened, we should realise that some of them have very practical issues that requires practical solutions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 6:11pm On Mar 07, 2017
Ermacc:
Nice thread borne out of goodwill. But in as much as it good to pray, inspire and encourage the burdened, we should realise that some of them have very practical issues that requires practical solutions.

We are to do what we can Ermacc.

If anyone of us have solutions, let's give it. If it's inspirations give it. If it's hope, give it. We can only give what we have.

The purpose of this thread is for Christians to help each other, to do our best to make sure no one gives up on God.

So any form of encouragement, advise or help towards that goal will do.

Thank you Ermacc for your insight.

1 Like

Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 5:51am On Mar 08, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbEaftzaFWA

DONALD LAWRENCE LYRICS
"Encourage Yourself"
(feat. Sheri Jones-Moffett)

[Verse 1:]
Sometimes you have to encourage yourself.
Sometimes you have to speak victory during the test.
And no matter how you feel,
speak the word and you will be healed;
speak over yourself,
encourage yourself in the Lord.

[Verse 2:]
Sometimes you have to speak the word over yourself,
the pressure is all around,
but God is present help.
The enemy created walls,
but remember giants, they do fall;
speak over yourself,
encourage yourself in the Lord.

[Bridge:]
As I minister to you, oh I minister to myself,
life can hurt you so,
'til you feel there's nothing left.
(No matter how you feel),
(speak the word and you will be healed).

[Vamp 1:]
Speak over yourself. [x4]

[Vamp 2:]
I'm encouraged.
I'm encouraged.
I'm encouraged.
I'm encouraged.

[Vamp 3:]
I'm encouraged,
I'm encouraged,
I'm encouraged,
I'm encouraged.

Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 6:00am On Mar 08, 2017
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13 | NIV

Be strong and take heart,
all you who hope in the Lord.
Psalm 31:24 | NIV

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9 | NIV

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had.
Romans 15:5 | NIV

Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by Janeyinspires(f): 3:49pm On Mar 08, 2017
One of my regular scripture when waiting or trusting God for His promises is;John10:35b,"scriptures cannot be broken." You cannot be denied when you stand your ground to the manifestation of His promises.Another of my favourite is Rom3:4,"let God be true and all man a liar." Even when the world is lying through it's teeth.Even when your feelings are lying.God's word will always come through.Stand Your Ground!

2 Likes

Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2017
Janeyinspires:
One of my regular scripture when waiting or trusting God for His promises is;John10:35b,"scriptures cannot be broken." You cannot be denied when you stand your ground to the manifestation of His promises.Another of my favourite is Rom3:4,"let God be true and all man a liar." Even when the world is lying through it's teeth.Even when your feelings are lying.God's word will always come through.Stand Your Ground!

God bless you Janeyinspires.
" God's word will always come through"

2 Likes

Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2017

Cares Are
Poet: John McLeod

Cares are the cross that each of us must carry,
Darkness must always contrast with the light,
And having known despair's harsh ministrations
Wisdom will bring its own unequalled sight.

The Lord makes sure the back will fit the burden,
How harsh it seems, yet when the pain has gone,
The eyes unto the hills of hope in turning
Will glimpse the splendid wonder of His dawn!

God's Garden
by Author Unknown

Plant three rows of peas:
Peace of mind
Peace of heart
Peace of soul

Plant four rows of squash:
Squash gossip
Squash indifference
Squash grumbling
Squash selfishness

Plant four rows of lettuce:
Lettuce be faithful
Lettuce be kind
Lettuce be obedient
Lettuce really love one another.

You will have no garden without turnips:
Turnup for meetings
Turnip for service
Turnup to help one another

Water freely with patience and cultivate with love.
There is much fruit in your garden
Because you reap what you sow

To conclude our garden,
we must have thyme:
Thyme for God - Thyme for study
Thyme for prayer
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 12:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
ONLY SON

It's Monday morning, a day like any other. You wake up, eat breakfast, kiss your wife and son goodbye, and go to work. You put in 8 hours. The day is done. As you drive home, you turn on the radio and search for a station:
"That was Rich Mullins with Awesome God. Hi, I'm Phil Davis on WKMO the big E-Z. And now for the weather: tonight partly cloudy with a sticky 80 degrees. For tomorrow: slightly muggy with a 50% chance of showers.

In the world today: The Bank of America Corp. said Friday it would cut as many as 10,000 jobs as it changes its focus from growing through mergers to becoming more profitable through use of technology and operating efficiency.

And finally tonight, a report from the remote village of Samair, India, where four villagers are dead after contracting a mysterious flu-like illness. Doctors are continuing their investigation into the deaths."

It's not influenza, but 3 or 4 fellows are dead. It's kind of interesting actually. They're sending some doctors over there to investigate it. After a few days have passed, you've forgotten all about it, but on Sunday while you're coming home from church, you hear another radio spot:

"What began with four villagers just days ago has now spread to over 30,000 people in the back hills of India. The center for Disease Control in Atlanta announced today that they are sending in a team of doctors to investigate and analyze this apparent new strain of flu. Officials from the CDC also reported that a main priority for the team would be to try and contain the outbreak before it spreads to the surrounding countries.

By Monday morning when you get up, it's the lead story:

"The "mystery flu" as it is now known has spread to Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran. The U.S. President released a statement today saying that he joins everyone in praying for the people of the infected countries and he is confident that all will go well in containing the outbreak and finding a cure. The president announced that the U.S. will provide medical aid to the countries that face this outbreak.

We have just received word that the president of France has closed all borders to that country. No flights from India, Pakistan, or any of the countries where this "mystery flu" has been reported will be allowed into the country. However, this action may have been taken to late; we have just confirmed that there is a man lying in a hospital room in Paris apparently dying of flu like symptoms. The "mystery flu" has hit Europe."

Panic strikes! As best they can tell, once you get it, you have it for a week and you don't know it. Then, you have four days of unbelievable symptoms. Then, you die. Britain closes its borders, but it's too late. It's already in South Hampton, Liverpool, and North Hampton. On Tuesday morning, the President addresses the Nation:

"We interrupt this program to bring you a special news bulletin. The President of the United States is preparing to address the nation. We now go live to the White House"

"My fellow Americans, due to a national security risk, all flights to and from Europe and Asia have been canceled. If you have loved ones that are overseas, they will have to stay there until we contain or find a cure for this "mystery flu". I ask all Americans to pray that a quick resolution to this situation can be found."

Within 4 days, our Nation has been plunged into an unbelievable fear. People are selling little masks for your face. People are talking about what will happen if the "mystery flu" comes to this country, and preachers on Tuesday are saying, "It's the scourge of God." It's Wednesday night, and you are at a church prayer meeting when somebody runs in from the parking lot and says, "Quick, turn on a radio!"

And while the church listens to a little transistor radio with a microphone stuck up to it, the announcement is made:

"We can now confirm that there are two women in a Long Island hospital dying of the "mystery flu". Within hours, it is expected to spread across the county. The center for disease control announced that it has personnel working around the clock to find a vaccine for this new deadly strain of flu. We now have reports of outbreaks in California, Oregon, Arizona, Florida and Massachusetts. It's as though it's sweeping in from the borders."

In a desperate effort to slow the spread of the disease, the President institutes Martial Law. It seems like forever that you are locked up in your house with plastic taped over the windows and ventilation ducts. Nobody is allowed outside but the military patrolling the streets and men in yellow environmental suits going from door to door collecting bodies and loading them onto large flatbed trucks to be taken away and burnt. Things seem very bleak. You and your family spend hours praying for salvation to come. Just when things seem their bleakest, a ray of light pierces the darkness. As you are listening to the new updates on the radio, an announcement comes across the emergency broadcasting system

"This is not a test. I repeat, this is not a test. The President of the United States has activated the emergency broadcasting system to announce that a cure for the mystery flu can be found. The code has been broken, and a vaccine can be made. It's going to take the blood of someone who hasn't been infected, and so the President is asking all Americans to go to your local hospital and have a blood sample taken. It's imperative that everyone be tested. We thank you in advance for your cooperation in this time of national emergency."

You go to the hospital and stand around scared with your neighbors, wondering what in the world is going on and if this is the end of the world. Suddenly, a young lady comes running out of the hospital screaming. She's yelling a name and waving a clipboard. What? She yells it again! Your son tugs on your jacket and says, "Daddy, that's me!"

Before you know it, they have grabbed your boy. "Wait a minute, hold it!"

"It's okay. His blood is clean. His blood is pure. We want to make sure he doesn't have the disease. We think he's got the right type!"

Five tense minutes later, out come the doctors and nurses, crying and hugging one another - some are even laughing. It's the first time you have seen anybody laugh in a week. An old doctor walks up to you.

"Thank you, sir. Your son hasn't contracted the disease. His blood type is perfect. It's clean. It is pure, and we can use it to make the vaccine."

As the word begins to spread all across the parking lot full of folks, people are screaming and praying and laughing and crying. But then the gray-haired doctor pulls you and your wife aside.

"May we see you for a moment? We didn't realize that the donor would be a minor, and we need you to sign a consent form."

You begin to sign and then you see that the number of pints of blood to be taken is empty. "H-h-how many pints?" And that is when the old doctor's smile fades.

"We had no idea it would be a little child. We weren't prepared. We need it all!"

"But..but..."

"You don't understand. We are talking about the whole world here! Please sign. There is no other way! We need it all. Will you sign?"

In numb silence, you do. They offer you a moment alone with your son before they begin. Can you walk back? Can you walk back to that room where he sits on a table to answer his question, "Daddy? Mommy? What's going on?"

Can you take his hands and say, "Son, your mommy and I love you very much, and we would never ever let anything happen to you that didn't just have to be. Do you understand that?"

When that old doctor comes back in and says, "I'm sorry, we've - we've got to get started. People all over the world are dying!"

Can you leave? Can you walk out while your son is saying, "Dad? Mom? Why are you leaving me?"

Next week, when they have the ceremony to honor your son, some folks sleep through it, some don't come because they go to the lake, and some come with a pretentious smile and just pretend to care. Would you want to jump up and say?

"My son died! Don't you care?"

Is that what God wants to say?

"My son died! Don't you know how much I care?"
http://varietyreading.carlsguides.com/christian-stories/onlyson.php
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 1:32pm On Mar 09, 2017

Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 2:26pm On Mar 09, 2017
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 2:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 2:49pm On Mar 09, 2017
An Email from Heaven

One day, God was looking down at Earth and saw all of the rascally behavior that was going on. He decided to send an angel down to Earth to check it out. So, he called one of His angels and sent the angel to Earth for a time.
When he returned, he told God, "Yes, it is bad on Earth; 95% are misbehaving and 5% are not."

God thought for a moment and said, "Maybe I had better send down a second angel to get another opinion." So God called another angel and sent him to Earth for a time too.

When the angel returned he went to God and said, "Yes, it's true. The Earth is in decline; 95% are misbehaving and 5% are being good."

God was not pleased. So, He decided to e-mail the 5% that were good, because He wanted to encourage them, give them a little something to help them keep going.

Do you know what that e-mail said?

No?

Oh, so you didn't get one either?

http://varietyreading.carlsguides.com/christian-stories/godemail.php
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 2:54pm On Mar 09, 2017
The Dart Test

A young lady named Sally relates an experience she had in a seminary class given by her teacher, Dr. Smith. She says that Dr. Smith was known for his elaborate object lessons.
One particular day, Sally walked into the seminary and knew they were in for a fun day.

On the wall was a big target, and on a nearby table were many darts. Dr. Smith told the students to draw a picture of someone that they disliked or someone who had made them angry, and he would allow them to throw darts at the person's picture.

Sally's friend drew a picture of a girl who had stolen her boyfriend. Another friend drew a picture of his little brother. Sally drew a picture of a former friend, putting a great deal of detail into her drawing, even drawing pimples on the face. Sally was pleased with the overall effect she had achieved.

The class lined up and began throwing darts. Some of the students threw their darts with such force that their targets were ripping apart. Sally looked forward to her turn, and was filled with disappointment when Dr. Smith, because of time limits, asked the students to return to their seats. As Sally sat thinking about how angry she was because she didn't have a chance to throw any darts at her target. Dr. Smith began removing the target from the wall.

Underneath the target was a picture of Jesus. A hush fell over the room as each student viewed the mangled picture of Jesus; holes and jagged marks covered His face, and His eyes were pierced.

Dr. Smith said only these words, "In as much as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto Me." Matthew 25:40

No other words were necessary; the tears filled eyes of the students focused only on the picture of Christ.
http://varietyreading.carlsguides.com/christian-stories/hate.php
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by Ranchhoddas: 4:53pm On Mar 09, 2017
bennyann:
The Dart Test

A young lady named Sally relates an experience she had in a seminary class given by her teacher, Dr. Smith. She says that Dr. Smith was known for his elaborate object lessons.
One particular day, Sally walked into the seminary and knew they were in for a fun day.

On the wall was a big target, and on a nearby table were many darts. Dr. Smith told the students to draw a picture of someone that they disliked or someone who had made them angry, and he would allow them to throw darts at the person's picture.

Sally's friend drew a picture of a girl who had stolen her boyfriend. Another friend drew a picture of his little brother. Sally drew a picture of a former friend, putting a great deal of detail into her drawing, even drawing pimples on the face. Sally was pleased with the overall effect she had achieved.

The class lined up and began throwing darts. Some of the students threw their darts with such force that their targets were ripping apart. Sally looked forward to her turn, and was filled with disappointment when Dr. Smith, because of time limits, asked the students to return to their seats. As Sally sat thinking about how angry she was because she didn't have a chance to throw any darts at her target. Dr. Smith began removing the target from the wall.

Underneath the target was a picture of Jesus. A hush fell over the room as each student viewed the mangled picture of Jesus; holes and jagged marks covered His face, and His eyes were pierced.

Dr. Smith said only these words, "In as much as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto Me." Matthew 25:40

No other words were necessary; the tears filled eyes of the students focused only on the picture of Christ.
Blackmail!
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by akintom(m): 5:38pm On Mar 09, 2017
bennyann:
The Dart Test

Just the story type in childhood, that captured our innocent and pliable minds, into the illusion of Christian religion sphere.

Man shall not make sense of his maturity, just by mind numbing doses of flushes alone, but by every rational thought.
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 8:25pm On Mar 09, 2017
Ranchhoddas and akintom, I don't understand you both oo.

Just a story that discourages hatred and encourages forgiveness, love...... Is that what you guys are against?

The story is trying to let us know God doesn't like it when we hate anyone, whether believers or unbelievers, that's all.

It's about forgiveness my brothers. Whether it's fictional or not, God has commanded us to love all.
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by Ranchhoddas: 8:30pm On Mar 09, 2017
bennyann:
R anchhoddas and akin tom, I don't understand you both oo.

Just a story that discourages hatred and encourages forgiveness, love...... Is that what you guys are against?

The story is trying to let us know God doesn't like it when we hate anyone, whether believers or unbelievers, that's all.

It's about forgiveness my brothers. Whether it's fictional or not, God has commanded us to love all.
The kids are being guilted into thinking they have hurt Jesus by 'darting' his image. This guilt causes them to want to make amends and as such, they are roped further and further into religion. Very simple but effective tactic I must say.
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 8:32pm On Mar 09, 2017
God Says

You say: It's impossible
God says: All things are possible (Lk.18:27)
You say: I'm too tired
God says: I will give you rest (Mt. 11:28-30)

You say: Nobody loves me
God says: I love you (Jn 3:16)

You say: I can't go on
God says: My grace is sufficient (2 Cor. 12:9)

You say: I can't figure things out
God says: I will direct your steps (Prov.3:5-6)

You say: I can't do it
God says: You can do all things (Phil.4:13)

You say: I'm not able
God says: I am able (2 Cor. 9:cool

You say: It's not worth it
God says: It will be worth it (Rom. 8:28)

You say: I can't forgive myself
God says: I forgive you (1 John 1:9)

You say: I can't manage
God says: I will supply all your needs (Phil. 4:19)

You say: I'm afraid
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (2 Tim 1:7)

You say: I'm always worried and frustrated
God says: Cast all your care on me (1 Pet. 5:7)

You say: I'm not smart enough
God says: I give you wisdom (1 Cor. 1:30)

You say: I feel all alone
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Heb. 13:5)

http://varietyreading.carlsguides.com/christian-stories/Godsays.php
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 8:56pm On Mar 09, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
The kids are being guilted into thinking they have hurt Jesus by 'darting' his image. This guilt causes them to want to make amends and as such, they are roped further and further into religion. Very simple but effective tactic I must say.

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
Mt 25:34‭-‬45 NIV
http://bible.com/111/mat.25.34-45.NIV

Whatever you do to others, Jesus takes it as though He was the one you did it too. The image was used as an illustration to KIDS. and the Bible backs it up, that truly Christians hurt Jesus more when they hurt others. So you see, it's not blackmail.
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 9:02pm On Mar 09, 2017
More Than A Dead Letter
By Phillips Brooks

The Bible is like a telescope.
If a man looks through his telescope,
Then he sees the worlds beyond;
But if he looks at his telescope,
Then he does not see anything but that.
The Bible is a thing to be looked through,
To see that which is beyond;
But most people only look at it;
And so they see only the dead letter.

"The Bible is worth all other books which have ever been printed."
Patrick Henry

I Am
by John Wesley

I am a creature of a day.
I am a spirit come from God,
and returning to God.
I want to know one thing:
the way to heaven.
God himself has condescended to
teach me the way.
He has written it down in a book.

Oh, give me that book!
At any price give me the book of God.
Let me be a man of one book.

"It is not at all incredible, that a book which has been so long in the possession of mankind should contain many truths as yet undiscovered."
Bishop Butler
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 9:13pm On Mar 09, 2017
Life's Tug Of War
by Author Unknown (thanks to Neill for sending this to us)

Life can seem ungrateful and not always kind.
Life can pull at your heartstrings and play with your mind.
Life can be blissful and happy and free.
Life can put beauty in the things that you see.
Life can place challenges right at your feet.
Life can make good of the hardships we meet.
Life can overwhelm you and make your head spin.
Life can reward those determined to win.
Life can be hurtful and not always fair.
Life can surround you with people who care.
Life clearly does offer its ups and its downs.
Life's days can bring you both smiles and frowns.
Life teaches us to take the good with the bad.
Life is a mixture of happy and sad.
SO...
Take the life that you have and give it your best.
Think positive be happy let God do the rest.
Take the challenges that life has laid at your feet.
Take pride and be thankful for each one you meet.
To yourself give forgiveness if you stumble and fall.
Take each day that is dealt you and give it your all..
Take the love that you're given and return it with care.
Have faith that when needed it will always be there.
Take time to find the beauty in the things that you see.
Take life's simple pleasures let them set your heart free.
The idea here is simply to even the score.
As you are met and faced with Life's Tug of War.

"Nothing tends more to cement the hearts of Christians than praying together. Never do they love one another so well as when they witness the outpouring of each other's hearts in prayer."
Charles Finney

http://www.wow4u.com/ishallbeglad/

Life Is No Bed of Roses
Poet: John McLeod, © 2003

Life is no bed of roses
For roses have thorns, you see,
But handling with care and balance
Will protect from injury.

All gardens have seasons of beauty
Where the flowers of our living grow
With colours and shapes aplenty
Sweet fragrance to bestow.

Life's flowers need careful tending
For all life needs sun and rain,
And Love and Faith unending
For Hope to flower again!

"Hope is to believe."
Catherine Pulsifer
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 9:51pm On Mar 09, 2017

God's Letter To You

My child,
You may not know me, but I know everything about you (Psalm 139:1). I know when you sit down and when you rise up (Psalm 139:2). I am familiar with your ways (Psalm 139:3). Even the very hairs on your head are numbered (Matt 10:29-31) for you were made in my image (Genesis 1:27). In me, you live and move and have your being (Acts 17:28) for you are my offspring (Acts 17:28).

I knew you even before you were conceived (Jeremiah 1:4-5). I chose you even before I planned creation (Ephesians 1:11-12). You were not a mistake; all your days are written in my book (Psalm 139:15-16). I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live (Acts 17:26). You were fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14). I knit you together in you mother's womb (Psalm 139:13) and brought you forth on the day you were born (Psalm 71:6).

I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me (John 8:41-44). I am not distant and angry, but I am the complete expression of love (1 John 4:16), and it is my desire to lavish my love on you (1 John 3:1). I offer you more than your earthly father ever could (Matthew 7:11) for I am the perfect father (Matthew 5:48). Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand (James 1:17) for I am your provider, and I meet all your needs (Matthew 6:31-33)

My plan for your future has always been filled with hope. (Jeremiah 29:11) Because I love you with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3), my thoughts toward you are as countless as the sand on the seashore (Psalm 139:17-18) and I rejoice over you with singing (Zephaniah 3:17). I will never stop doing good to you (Jeremiah 32:40) for you are my treasured possession (Exodus 19:5). I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul (Jeremiah 32:41).

I want to show you great and marvelous things (Jeremiah 33:3). If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me (Deuteronomy 4:29). Delight in me, and I will give you the desires of your heart (Psalm 37:4) for it is I who gave you those desires (Philippians 2:13).

I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine (Ephesians 3:20) for I am your greatest encourager (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17). I am also the father who comforts you in all your troubles (2 Corinthians 1:3-4). When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you (Psalm 34:18). As a Shepard carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart (Isaiah 40:11).

One day, I will wipe away every tear from your eyes (Revelation 21:3-4) and I'll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth (Revelation 21:3-4). I am your father, and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus (John 17:26). He is the exact representation of my being (Hebrews 1:3). He came to demonstrate that I am for you, not against you (Romans 8:31) and to tell you that I am not counting your sins (2 Corinthians 5:18-19).

Jesus died so that you could be reconciled (2 Corinthians 5:18-19). His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you (1 John 4:10). I gave up everything I loved so that I might gain your love (Romans 8:31-32). If you receive the gift of my son, Jesus, you receive me (1 John 2:23), and nothing will ever separate you from my love again (Romans 8:38-39).

Come home, and I'll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen (Luke 15:7). I have always been your father and will always be your father (Ephesians 3:14-15).

My question is, will you be my child (John 1:1-13)?

I am waiting for you (Luke 15:11-32).

Love,
Your Dad, Almighty God
http://varietyreading.carlsguides.com/christian-stories/letter.php

Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 09, 2017
Where there is Light Darkness always seeks an opportunity to deem itself relevant. On threads of this nature my dear sister...keep your eyes on the prize despite the provocation. I noticed 2 notorious fellows up there who yanked at your strings. Next time ignore them and keep to your task. The new Initiates are often the most vocal in the euphoria of their new found way of life.

God bless you sis.
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 6:25am On Mar 10, 2017
4everGod:
Where there is Light Darkness always seeks an opportunity to deem itself relevant. On threads of this nature my dear sister...keep your eyes on the prize despite the provocation. I noticed 2 notorious fellows up there who yanked at your strings. Next time ignore them and keep to your task. The new Initiates are often the most vocal in the euphoria of their new found way of life.

God bless you sis.

Thank you big brother. Whenever I see your moniker, I'm so happy cheesy
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 6:38am On Mar 10, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiMvq4NvK00

See me through Lord Jesus see me through
There is a race that I must run
There are victories to be won
Give me power every hour to be through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhxT6d5UYcU

It's natural for many of us to lose patience at times, but we must remain faithful that all things will turn out as planned.
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by akintom(m): 7:36am On Mar 10, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
What else can i say. And just because it's natural to humans to forever continue to "dart Jesus", the entanglement gets increasingly fettered.

This is the process that culminate in Christians, calling themselves "wretched criminals".

This is after they have exhausted the hope, of ever attaining that illusionary state of "sinlessness".
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 8:17am On Mar 10, 2017
There's nothing wrong when it's the love for Jesus that motivates you not to hurt others.

When you fall down, don't stay down. Get back up again for a sinner is just a Saint who fell down but got up. cheesy

This is to those who take it as if once you've sinned, then that's the end of the Christian journey - that's the lie from the devil to keep you down. You're victorious each time you get up again.

Do not lurk like a thief near the house of the righteous, do not plunder their dwelling place; for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.
Eccles. 24:15‭-‬16 NIV
http://bible.com/111/pro.24.15-16.NIV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVImp8zB4x0

But as for us by the special grace of God, we will strive towards attaining that goal - we will not go back to the way it used to be before we met Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ULY0uL0LWo

Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 3:38pm On Mar 10, 2017
God's Song
Wishing to encourage her young son's progress on the piano, a mother took her boy to a Paderewski concert. After they were seated, the mother spotted a friend in the audience and walked down the aisle to greet her. Seizing the opportunity to explore the wonders of the concert hall, the little boy rose and eventually explored his way through a door marked "NO ADMITTANCE."
When the house lights dimmed and the concert was about to begin, the mother returned to her seat and discovered that the child was missing.

Suddenly, the curtains parted and spotlights focused on the impressive Steinway on stage. In horror, the mother saw her little boy was sitting at the keyboard, innocently picking out "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." At that moment, the great piano master made his entrance, quickly moved to the piano, and whispered in the boy's ear, "Don't quit. Keep playing."

Then, leaning over, Paderewski reached down with his left hand and began filling in a bass part. Soon, his right arm reached around to the other side of the child and he added a running obligato. Together, the old master and the young novice transformed a frightening situation into a wonderfully creative experience. The audience was so mesmerized that they couldn't recall what else the great master played - only the classic "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

That's the way it is with God. What we can accomplish on our own is hardly noteworthy. We try our best, but the results aren't exactly graceful flowing music. However, with the hand of the Master, our life's work truly can be beautiful. Next time you set out to accomplish great feats, listen carefully. You can hear the voice of the Master, whispering in your ear, "Don't quit. Keep playing."

Feel His loving arms around you. Know that His strong hands are there helping you turn your feeble attempts into true masterpieces. God doesn't call the equipped; He equips the called, and He'll always be there to love and guide you on to great things.

http://varietyreading.carlsguides.com/christian-stories/song.php

1 Like

Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hi Bennyann,
You don't know me...but I've seen a few of your posts.
I'm a fellow female believer of Christ and saw this thread and like it very much. It's very encouraging.
Thanks for the thread sister.

That song, "Encourage Yourself" is so powerful. Love it! Donnie McClurkin's, "We Fall Down" is great. He also has one called, "Your Grace & Mercy".

I was obsessed with Fred Hammond from years ago. His songs used to be based straight on specific scripture verses
His song, "No Weapon" is one of my classics..That songis about 15 yrs. old but ministers like few songs can.
Anyhow, may you be encouraged as well.

1 Like

Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 6:24am On Mar 11, 2017

A Poem of Hope
Poet: Catherine Pulsifer, ©2012

When life is getting you down, and you need a little hope.
Look deep down inside yourself, and you'll find the way to cope.

When life is getting you down, and you need a little love.
Go to the person whom you are the closest, as the rest they are above.

When life is getting you down, and all you need is a laugh.
Find the friend that makes you smile, they may even be your staff.

When life is getting you down, Don't allow it so.
Change the way you think of life, and life will be better, you know.

When life is getting you down, take time to pray
Don't allow yourself to frown God will help you see the blessings of the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do8-DZik_7c
Re: In The Waiting - While I'm Waiting by bennyann: 6:37am On Mar 11, 2017
MZLady39:
Hi Bennyann,
You don't know me...but I've seen a few of your posts.
I'm a fellow female believer of Christ and saw this thread and like it very much. It's very encouraging.
Thanks for the thread sister.

That song, "Encourage Yourself" is so powerful. Love it! Donnie McClurkin's, "We Fall Down" is great. He also has one called, "Your Grace & Mercy".

I was obsessed with Fred Hammond from years ago. His songs used to be based straight on specific scripture verses
His song, "No Weapon" is one of my classics..That songis about 15 yrs. old but ministers like few songs can.
Anyhow, may you be encouraged as well.

Believe me I'm familiar with your moniker and I'm encouraged as well. You just reminded me of 'no weapon'

I struggle falling in love with Fred Hammond's songs because of how slow they can be,, but when I patiently listen to the lyrics and listen to the songs over and over again, I begin to wonder how come I never liked his songs from the beginning. embarassed silly me. lipsrsealed

And about Donnie mclurkin, do you mean 'great is your mercy'?

And thank you MZlady39, for you just encouraged me also.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips / Lets Know The THEME Of Your Church This Year (2014) / According To Bible, How Many Son Did Abraham Had?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.