Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Who Owns Obasanjo Presidential Library ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Owns Obasanjo Presidential Library ? (509 Views)

Pat Asadu Donates 200-Seat E-Library To UNN, Inaguarated By Governor Ugwuanyi / Photos Of Kwara State University Library Set To Be Unveiled / National Library Building To Be Completed At 50 Billion Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Owns Obasanjo Presidential Library ? by Amustical(m): 4:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
In all honesty and technical reality, who owns, or should own OBASANJO PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARY, if it was conceptualized and funded while Former President Olusegun Obasanjo was in office?
Just recently, it was grandly launched as a personal project and property. This left me scratching my head in confoundment, if our constitution permitted a sitting Nigerian President to embark on such a self-serving venture while in active service, as a public official of the Nigerian state.
In the new, much-desired spirit of responsible and responsive citizens' participation in our democratic governance, and polity at large, this is an important question that should be answered, if only to clear the traditional smog in how our leaders lead us, and conduct themselves in office, and help to establish a culture of transparency and honesty. Nothing more !
* Researching the US version, (through Wikipedia), after which the Obasanjo Library was supposed to be modelled, I discovered very crucially-fundamental dissimilarities in the status and ownership of the two projects.
For our enlightenment, I hereby append a link :
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_library

Re: Who Owns Obasanjo Presidential Library ? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:47pm On Mar 07, 2017
I also want to know were is it located?

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Officially Announce Sales Of 2017 Jamb UTME/D.E. APPLICATIONS / University Admission To 200level / Copied: Utme's Book Review Of Sarah Ladipo Manyika's 'in Dependence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.