Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

How Delta Igbos Wanted To Secede With Biafra- Achuzia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Delta Igbos Wanted To Secede With Biafra- Achuzia (1158 Views)

Day Of Tributes For Colonel Joseph Achuzia Begins In Asaba (Photos) / Anybody Found With Biafra Flag, Emblems Will Be Arrested – Abia CP / Buhari Orders Military To Deal With Biafra Security Service, Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Delta Igbos Wanted To Secede With Biafra- Achuzia by kingzizzy: 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2017
25th of May 1967, Enugu

I appeared on the scene as a delegate for my people who at the time were the Igbo speaking group of the Mid-Western Region. This group was then known as the Ika Igbo association. It was this union that nominated me and the following to represent the Ika Igbos at the consultative assembly of the Eastern Region: The Obi of Belekwu representing the traditional rulers of Asaba and Ika division, the Ukpanuka of Ndoni representing the traditional rulers in Aboh division, with Mr Eugene Oba as President if the Ika Igbo Association, and Mr Mark Uzoka, a former Minister in the Mid-Western Regional Government who was secretary of the Ika Igbo Association, myself being the National Vice President of the association.

The purpose and aim of the Association was to ensure that in the event of the disintegration of Nigeria, we would merge with our kith and Kin on the Igbo mainland, East of the Niger.

Considering the events at the time, only a miracle could have stopped the disintegration of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Source: Page 2, Requiem Biafra by Joe Achuzia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Delta Igbos Wanted To Secede With Biafra- Achuzia by LoveMachine(m): 9:00pm On Mar 07, 2017
Is there more?

Re: How Delta Igbos Wanted To Secede With Biafra- Achuzia by unstableaswater: 10:19pm On Mar 07, 2017
Nice write up...
Re: How Delta Igbos Wanted To Secede With Biafra- Achuzia by timecapsule: 2:08am On Mar 08, 2017
The main reason why every news is reminding us, all the event that took place 50 years ago during the civil war is because the days of this nation NIGERIA are numbered.
When the hand of a clock return from where it took off from, it make a circle.
Nigeria have return to its former position of 1960s now and that make us to have completed our own circle.

LOOK AT THIS AND TELL ME WHAT YOU UNDERSTAND;-
1914-1960 = 46 YEARS .......BRITISH RULING US
From independent to civil war. we later come as one country in 1970
1970-2016 = 46 YEARS .......WE RULE OURSELF.
Is this not complete round of years as the British rule us?.

OK SEE THIS AGAIN (to detail our own half)
1970-1993 = 23 YEARS (JUNE 12 SAGA)
Military rule;- OBASANJO from the south complete his tenure, Buhari from the north did not complete his tenure.
1993-2016 = 23 YEARS (NOW MEDICAL VACATION SAGA)
CIVILIAN RULE;- Again OBASANJO from the south complete his tenure, again BUHARI from the north yet to complete his tenure. His tenure is now hanging on unconfirmed story.
23+23 = 46 years
What do you think is the faith of this country now, with the situation on ground and CON-FAB is standing beside him as a TIME BOMB of a suicide bomber?

Re: How Delta Igbos Wanted To Secede With Biafra- Achuzia by WhoRUDeceiving: 4:41am On Mar 08, 2017
Even if you take referendum, you will see that Edo state will vote to leave...so much for Yoruba propaganda on other threads about Minority this and that
Re: How Delta Igbos Wanted To Secede With Biafra- Achuzia by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2019
kingzizzy:
25th of May 1967, Enugu

I appeared on the scene as a delegate for my people who at the time were the Igbo speaking group of the Mid-Western Region. This group was then known as the Ika Igbo association. It was this union that nominated me and the following to represent the Ika Igbos at the consultative assembly of the Eastern Region: The Obi of Belekwu representing the traditional rulers of Asaba and Ika division, the Ukpanuka of Ndoni representing the traditional rulers in Aboh division, with Mr Eugene Oba as President if the Ika Igbo Association, and Mr Mark Uzoka, a former Minister in the Mid-Western Regional Government who was secretary of the Ika Igbo Association, myself being the National Vice President of the association.

The purpose and aim of the Association was to ensure that in the event of the disintegration of Nigeria, we would merge with our kith and Kin on the Igbo mainland, East of the Niger.

Considering the events at the time, only a miracle could have stopped the disintegration of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Source: Page 2, Requiem Biafra by Joe Achuzia
please where can i get the book?

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Chinese Nationals That Adopted Igbo Identity In Anambra State / Join The Honorable Minister Of Water Resources For Tweet Chat / Comparing Nigeria/biafra To Malaysia/singapore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.