Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Dear Alhaji, Your Wish Is My Command: Cheta Igbokwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Alhaji, Your Wish Is My Command: Cheta Igbokwe (584 Views)

What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe / Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" / Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Alhaji, Your Wish Is My Command: Cheta Igbokwe by StateReportersng(m): 8:07am On Mar 08, 2017
I have gotten the contract; the naira has been credited into my account. My Truck Crane is intact. My Wheel Loader is cool. My Forklift Truck is super. My boys have landed. We are ready.

Alhaji awarded me the contract, and paid me the penny. I accepted, just because I want to establish a work relationship –a work relationship that will help both of us in the future.

Now, we are ready for the work. Alhaji has called me, saying that he needs to be here in the next five minutes before we commence work. Why must Alhaji come before I commence a work we have already discussed?

Five minutes have come and gone, he is not here. My boys are tired. They are very hungry.

This is the fifth hour. Alhaji is just coming. The siren is blazing, disturbing the whole city. Alhaji’s men are coming with him. They look fierce and threatened. They are flogging and beating up taxi drivers that block their way.

Alhaji is coming down from his car. My own Alhaji, my own boss. He is walking towards me. The people are looking at me –small boy with big contract. I am smiling, but Alhaji is not even smiling. He is not looking at my Road Roller. My Crawler Excavator is not attracting him. My Asphalt Mixing Plant is not getting his attention. He is looking at my boys and their hungry faces.

“Where is Oyibo?” Alhaji asked furiously.

“Alhaji, I don’t have any Oyibo in my company. We are all Nigerians. Patriotic Nigerians,” I said. Turning to my boys, I hailed them, “Great Nigerians!”

“Great!” they replied with their last energy. I can understand. I am happy.

“Who do you want to bring shame upon? Have my enemies sent you to run down all I have laboured for?” he roared.

“I am not understanding, Sir,” I said.

Alhaji walks up to me, bends my head roughly, and whispers something into my small ears. I am nodding. I am smiling.

“Aaaahaaa, now you are talking Sir. Your wish is my command.”

My people, my people!! Alhaji wants me to go to the airport and bring any Oyibo and keep at the construction site. We shall make arrangement for his pay. Any Oyibo. Yellow, Pink, Orange, Tall, Short, or Hungry. Any. I am going. See you later.

http://www.statereporters.com/2017/03/07/dear-alhaji-wish-command/

Cheta Igbokwe

Cheta Igbokwe is a writer, blogger, public affairs commentator and analyst. He is the author of 'Drums Of Sunrise' an epic novel that deals with love, race, failure, caste system and civilization; published by Authorhouse, a penguin random house company in the United States of America. Currently, he is the Chief Editor of StateReporters News South East Region

Re: Dear Alhaji, Your Wish Is My Command: Cheta Igbokwe by deloon(m): 8:10am On Mar 08, 2017
This is hilarious but unfortunately seems very possible.
Re: Dear Alhaji, Your Wish Is My Command: Cheta Igbokwe by petrov10: 8:16am On Mar 08, 2017
We should stop giving contracts to racist Lebanese undecided

The write up is quit insightful
Only the likes of sarrki will say otherwise
BMCs
Re: Dear Alhaji, Your Wish Is My Command: Cheta Igbokwe by Adaodogwu(f): 8:34am On Mar 08, 2017
inferiority complex killing our politicians
Re: Dear Alhaji, Your Wish Is My Command: Cheta Igbokwe by Adaodogwu(f): 8:35am On Mar 08, 2017
inferiority complex killing our politicians, wonderful write up
Re: Dear Alhaji, Your Wish Is My Command: Cheta Igbokwe by PFRB: 8:48am On Mar 08, 2017
deloon:
This is hilarious but unfortunately seems very possible.

My brother man or my sister woman, This has happened many many times. It has happened to my former company and I was a victim because of my patriotism. I can give details but no mention of names. This was in an offshore location way back 2001.
Re: Dear Alhaji, Your Wish Is My Command: Cheta Igbokwe by LoveMachine(m): 9:11am On Mar 08, 2017
It's too early for this!!! grin
Re: Dear Alhaji, Your Wish Is My Command: Cheta Igbokwe by igwebuike01: 10:02am On Mar 08, 2017
Lol, the much touted "investors"
Re: Dear Alhaji, Your Wish Is My Command: Cheta Igbokwe by biaframustcome: 10:41am On Mar 08, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Ease Of Doing Business In Nigeria / Nigerian Woman And Her Four Years Old Baby Rescued From The Mediterranean Sea / Election: Ebonyi State Government Declares Friday Public Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.