Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. (2092 Views)

US Rapper Busta Rhymes falls off stage, sustains head injury (Pictures) / PICTURES OF EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR WITH Lil’ WAYNE, BIRDMAN, BUSTA RHYMES, NEYO, P-SQ / Busta Rhymes Has Virulent Herpes And Is Distributing It All Over Hollywood! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by kech(f): 3:47am On Dec 16, 2009
Lost and Found: Busta’s American Passport!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - Victoria Ige
Rapper Busta Rhymes nearly cancelled the Abuja leg of his Star Megajam performance last weekend, after he discovered his international passport was missing.

The hip hop veteran was visibly upset and troubled, and threatened not to go ahead with his performance, after he searched for his American passport, and told his aides it appeared the passport was missing.

His mood changed and his temper rose. No one knew what drama would follow.

It was early afternoon on Saturday December 12.

”I’m going to have somebody shot tonight”, an upset Busta screamed, before calling his people and telling them he wasnt going ahead with the show if he couldn’t find his missing passport.

”He remembered the last time he saw it was in the car that took them to the hotel, so he told everyone he suspected the driver”, a source who was present told nigeriafilms.com.

Busta, Ludacris and the rest of the Star Megajam crew arrived Abuja shortly after noon, aboard a Chartered Arik Air flight, last Saturday. A Range Rover vogue took Busta and Luda to Transcorp Hilton hotel where they stayed with their crew.

And it was while disembarking at the hotel, that the rapper’s passport fell from his lap, according to an eye witness.

”A member of his entourage picked it up, hoping to give it to him later”, our source told us.

”The guy came back and saw Busta going wild. Then he told him. ‘I got your passport; it fell in the car”.

Relieved, but embarrassed, Busta reportedly tried to find the driver to offer apologies, but promoter Sheila Okonji promised to apologise on his behalf.

”It wasn’t funny you know”, said one of the organisers who didn’t want her name mentioned. ”Busta losing his passport in Nigeria”

A day before, at the Polo grounds in Lagos, Busta Rhymes gave a good account of himself.

Thankfully, his ‘lost-and-found’ passport drama didn’t diminish his Abuja performance. The veteran showed he’s still the master of the game, as he treated fans to hit after hit; dipping his hands into a repertoire of hits from the eighties through the nineties and 2000s. Together with his hypesman Spliff Star, the rapper worked the crowd, engaged in call-and-response, and gave the crowd-and the organisers- thumbs up.

Busta Rhymes showed the fans love. And they threw it right back at him. Even Nigerian stars Djinee, MI, Jesse Jagz, Baba Dee and Wande Coal rocked his set – fixing their gaze on his stage, looking like they were taking performance lessons from one of the world’s greatest.

Sadly, Ludacris didn’t have Busta’s impact on the audience. The ‘king of the South’ who appeared before Busta, dished out cut after cut: ‘pimping all over the world’, ‘you is a hoe’, ‘area code’, ‘pop champagne’, ‘i wanna lick’ and more; but his performance was lack-lustre and he and his band failed to connect with the audience.

Busta Rhymes left Nigeria early Sunday while Ludacris departed the country around 10PM local time.

Here is the question: must the promoter Sheila Okonji apologise on Busta Rhymes behalf?

http://ndn.nigeriadailynews.com/templates/default.aspx?a=21001&template=print-article.htm
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by kech(f): 3:52am On Dec 16, 2009
See this rat  angry angry Anyway, I don't blame him. I blame the organizers and the people who actually pay to watch him in Naija. Where the heck does he think he is? The ghetto? Rat.
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by H2O2: 3:56am On Dec 16, 2009
And it was while disembarking at the hotel, that the rapper’s passport fell from his lap, according to an eye witness.

”A member of his entourage picked it up, hoping to give it to him later”, our source told us.

”The guy came back and saw Busta going wild. Then he told him. ‘I got your passport; it fell in the car”.

Don't mind the damn rat. Na only for Naija he sabi hin gra gra. Empty vessel.
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by chiogo(f): 3:57am On Dec 16, 2009
LOOOOL. That's pretty hilarious. Seriously, who goes to his concert?  embarassed
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by frprof(m): 4:01am On Dec 16, 2009
chiogo:

LOOOOL. That's pretty hilarious. Seriously, who goes to his concert? embarassed
Bia Chiogo why run from one post to another? I am looking for you
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by chiogo(f): 4:03am On Dec 16, 2009
frprof:

Bia Chiogo why run from one post to another? I am looking for you
Umm, do I know you?
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by frprof(m): 4:21am On Dec 16, 2009
Is chiogo here?
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by azeeza(f): 8:38am On Dec 16, 2009
it was same star mega jam,where idris and 50 cent had a fight.cant they a hitch free concert for once.it is always one problem or another embarassed
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by MrCrackles(m): 8:39am On Dec 16, 2009
Busta is A fuc/ktard. . . .He's a washed up slowpoke who needs to shut the fuc.k up
Every shows around the corner be it in a run down club, he'd do. . .
Broke as/s fella
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by xynerise: 9:58am On Dec 16, 2009
Look at his mouth "I am going to have somebody shot". Who will he shoot first? I think he was addressing that Ludacris. Look at Ebuka that went to America and became a star came back to his land and said he will shoot someone. He forgot Africans get jass. grin
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by H2O2: 10:00am On Dec 16, 2009
LMAOOOO grin
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by azeeza(f): 10:14am On Dec 16, 2009
@ xynerise

Guy u no say e get some bullet wey jazz no fit hold.
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by xynerise: 10:33am On Dec 16, 2009
See this babe. You never bam. All those falling angels from heaven, you no no say half fall for Naija? grin. You dey here of "odeshi"?
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by Ben13: 10:56am On Dec 16, 2009
I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!! rabbish sad
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by spikedcylinder: 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2009

Why won't he threaten to shoot someone when some Nigerians behave like animals? I don't put it past them to actually steal his passport.
This entourage member sef get as e be. Why didn't he return the passport immediately?
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 16, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Why won't he threaten to shoot someone when some Nigerians behave like animals? I don't put it past them to actually steal his passport.
This entourage member sef get as e be. Why didn't he return the passport immediately?

From your comments i'm guessing some Americans do not behave like animals?? Or you think they are all perfect beings??

If Busta Rhymes was busy attending to other issues, isnt right for the member of his entourage to keep his passport and then bring it to his attention at a later time?
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by Borat1: 2:22pm On Dec 16, 2009
Make una sharrap abeg!
His Passports was stole, !
Theiving muthaphoks!! grin tongue
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by netotse(m): 3:10pm On Dec 16, 2009
its the driver thats on my mind now jo. . . americans aren't exactly role models so i wonder why pple are making noise here
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by spikedcylinder: 3:34pm On Dec 16, 2009
OMO IBO:

From your comments i'm guessing some Americans do not behave like animals?? Or you think they are all perfect beings??

If Busta Rhymes was busy attending to other issues, isnt right for the member of his entourage to keep his passport and then bring it to his attention at a later time?

If some Nigerians behave like animals, definitely, some Americans behave like animals. I don't get your point there.
Generally, people expect Nigerians to behave like animals which is where the major difference lies. I'm sure Busta had his ears full before coming to Nigeria which is why he raised hell at the first sign of trouble.
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by Borat1: 3:49pm On Dec 16, 2009
This story cant be independently verified. . .
"A Member of his entourage picked it up hoping to give it to him later. . ."
Why didnt he just give back the darned thing immediately?
I disagree. Something is fishy here.
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by netotse(m): 4:05pm On Dec 16, 2009
spikedcylinder:

If some Nigerians behave like animals, definitely, some Americans behave like animals. I don't get your point there.
Generally, people expect Nigerians to behave like animals which is where the major difference lies. I'm sure Busta had his ears full before coming to Nigeria which is why he raised hell at the first sign of trouble.

its standard jo, if your passport misses in a public place who wont raise hell? its the driver i feel sorry for, shit like that plays out er'day its not only in naija it happens
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by semid4lyfe(m): 6:55pm On Dec 16, 2009
Busta Rhymes is a washed-up and expired rapper. I have a question though - Did Busta sit in front with the driver of the car he was driven in cos I don't understand how he came to the conclusion the driver was responsible?
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by semid4lyfe(m): 6:55pm On Dec 16, 2009
Busta Rhymes is a washed-up and expired rapper. I have a question though - Did Busta sit in front with the driver of the car he was driven in cos I don't understand how he came to the conclusion the driver was responsible?
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 17, 2009
PHCN should give him a blackout in his hotel room for that statement cheesy
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by Borat1: 1:52am On Dec 17, 2009
"i'm going to have someone shot tonite!" Busta Rhymes threatens Nigerians
The bolded part is Unnecessary, Inciteful, and Misleading
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by nellaluv(f): 6:15pm On Dec 17, 2009
Lol at comments. I'm going to have all of u in this thread shot grin grin cheesy tongue. Watch your backs tongue
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by shetani: 6:17pm On Dec 18, 2009
Buhaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa is this the latest nigeria film or is it really true

That Busta na Bush boy, OLODO!!
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by mamagee3(f): 6:24pm On Dec 18, 2009
This is serious. angry
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by nich(m): 6:30pm On Dec 18, 2009
grin crap! freaking crap!
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by mamagee3(f): 7:08pm On Dec 18, 2009
What's Crappy? angry
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by nich(m): 8:06pm On Dec 18, 2009
mama-gee:

What's Crappy? angry
Busta's attitude to the whole mess. kinda gives me the impression that he had a mindset about us before coming over.

anyway, i dont sell nor chew beef. so nothin do the guy jor. afterall, s*it happens!   wink
Re: ”I’m Going To Have Somebody Shot Tonight!” Busta Rhymes Threatens in Nigeria. by freecocoa(f): 3:36am On Dec 19, 2009

(1) (2) (Reply)

After Messy Divorce:star Actress, Fathia Balogun Remarries Secretly / Is Soulja Boy Dead? No. (soulja Boy Twitter Rumor) / Picture Of Keke Kenny In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.