Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,798 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers (14083 Views)

List Your Top Five Greatest Books / Achebe's 'things Fall Apart' Makes 12 'greatest Books Ever Written' List / Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:43am On Mar 09, 2017
datola:
I agree with numbers 1 and 2 an probably 3 too.

Your citation of Achebe should not include father of African literature nonsense. Stop emabbarassing the medico turned writer who wrote one of the world's most translated books after the Holy Bible.

Since the man died, things have not only fallen apart but no longer at ease.

Grace Alele-Williams was not a writer but a mathematician who became the first female VC in Nigeria.

Tai solarin is better remembered as activist, social crusader and educationist than a writer.

Tribute to Ola Rotimi of the famous gods are not to blame.

Achebe was the father of modern African literature

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:44am On Mar 09, 2017
Yoruba people no get better writers after Soyinka.
Nigerian writers are

Achebe
Soyinka
Flora Nwapa
Buchi Emecheta
Chukwuemeka Ike
Chimamanda

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by FTBOY: 7:48am On Mar 09, 2017
cyprian ekwensu

ola rotimi

elechi amadi

ajayi crowther

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by enemmo(f): 8:06am On Mar 09, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Yoruba people no get better writers after Soyinka.
Nigerian writers are

Achebe
Soyinka
Flora Nwapa
Buchi Emecheta
Chukwuemeka Ike
Chimamanda

Amos Tutuola

Akinwwunmi Isoka

Ola Rotimi

TM Aluko

Femi Osofisan

Etc
Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by whizcartel(m): 8:08am On Mar 09, 2017
Where you put Buchi Emecheta, Cyprian Ekwensi, Ola Rotimi etc.

2 Likes

Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by Butterworth: 8:23am On Mar 09, 2017
datola:

Your citation of Achebe should not include father of African literature nonsense. Stop emabbarassing the medico turned writer who wrote one of the world's most translated books after the Holy Bible.

Grace Alele-Williams was not a writer but a mathematician who became the first female VC in Nigeria.

Tai solarin is better remembered as activist, social crusader and educationist than a writer.

I don't see any reason why you should have any problem with CHINUA ACHEBE being the father of African literature.

He may not be your favorite writer, I respect that. Any one who choose to recognize ACHEBE as the FATHER OF AFRICAN LITERATURE for his contributions in projection African image to the world through his literary works is STANDING ON A SOLID ROCK.
Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by Butterworth: 8:28am On Mar 09, 2017
I'm seeing some individuals bragging about who have more number of recognised writers between YORUBA and IGBO.

I'm very happy for that.

This is just the kind of fight we should be engaging ourselves into and not Tribal bashing.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 09, 2017
emi14:

Check the list in the other room. Tonto made no:1. Possibly your name is there

are u gay
Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by tutudesz: 8:30am On Mar 09, 2017
were is JP Clark on the list?

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 09, 2017
No Hausa writer? People that refuse to master the English language.
I would sincerely like to follow any good Hausa English writer on social media
Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by emi14: 9:11am On Mar 09, 2017
Snowangel4:

are u gay

Sister being gay is madness. Out of nothing comes nothing.

Am coming in six weeks. Keep in touch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by MhiztaarNAS(m): 9:36am On Mar 09, 2017
datola:

I agree wit u bro

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by Adedolapo1406(m): 9:40am On Mar 09, 2017
Not a single aboki on the list but if the list is about juicy positions they will take 1-8.
Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by writeprof(m): 9:48am On Mar 09, 2017
Ahmed Yerima is a renowned playwright from the North
Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by Ningi2020(m): 10:25am On Mar 09, 2017
lilfreezy:
The south dominates. Na for government appointment you go see northerners. Mtcheeew
Are u pain, or u re just sick in some part of ur brain
Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by Ningi2020(m): 10:30am On Mar 09, 2017
Omudia11:
Where are the Hausas?
Ah guy d Hausas re their checking ur first class result to see if u deserve to b given a job or not. U see still wit ur brain the re ahead of u even without a brain like urs
Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by iluvdonjazzy: 10:48am On Mar 09, 2017
were Jonathan na?
Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by Omudia11: 10:59am On Mar 09, 2017
Learn to write correctly before quoting me.[s]
Ningi2020:
Ah guy d Hausas re their checking ur first class result to see if u deserve to b given a job or not. U see still wit ur brain the re ahead of u even without a brain like urs
[/s]
Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:01am On Mar 09, 2017
enemmo:

Amos Tutuola

Akinwwunmi Isoka

Ola Rotimi

TM Aluko

Femi Osofisan

Etc

I know, but not as popular
Re: Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers by Odkosh: 1:06pm On Mar 09, 2017
where did you put D.O Fagunwa, the ordinal writer of forest of thousand demons, first of God and lot more?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Mastery By Robert Greene / How Lust For A Teenage Girl Ruined The Life Of An Innocent Boy / Chimamanda Adichie Awarded Doctor Of Letters, Honoris Causa By Yale University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.