Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,752 members, 7,844,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

The Day I Entered 'one-chance Vehicle - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Day I Entered 'one-chance Vehicle (532 Views)

15 Ways To Identify And Secure Yourself Against “one Chance” Bandits / I've Never Entered This Kind Of Bus In My Life Before / Lady Who Has Not Entered Plane Before Gets Free Return Ticket From Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Day I Entered 'one-chance Vehicle by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
It was a Monday morning, and I was going for a job interview on the island and was already running very late.

I got to the bus stop as early as possible bearing in mind it was Monday, and commuters were always in their numbers waiting too!

Usually there were three kinds of people you would see at any Lagos bus stop very early in the morning.

First people are the conductors waiting to catch an empty ‘danfo’ for a job of conducting for the driver.

The second people you would find are the people like me who are early birds; they live on the mainland and work on the island!

The third people you would see at the bus stop are those ‘going nowhere,’ they would stand like they are waiting for buses.

They are the pick-pockets, when a bus stops, they would rush like they are going in while ransacking unsuspecting passengers’ pockets!

Woe betide you if you try to confront any of them, they would turn around and accuse you instead and even recruit touts to fight you.

That is the reason why I support the ban of the yellow danfo bus on Lagos roads by the state government.

So, on that fateful day, I was already getting anxious and worried at the same time because, I needed a job badly!

Arriving late to a job interview is a bad omen and a sign you are not the right person for the job, as punctuality matters a lot!

While a whole lot was going through my mind, suddenly an unpainted cab pulled up in front of me with a lady seated at the front.

She looked at me and said, ‘’CMS,’’ with the speed of lightening I jumped in at the back and sat behind her.

There was a guy seated with a travelling bag on his lap behind the driver, so we were four including the driver.

But normally, a Lagos cab that I know would carry three passengers at the back and sometimes two at the front!

So, when they got to the next bus stop, I expected them to pick one more passenger but they didn’t and instead sped off.

I became apprehensive instantly, and because I always trust my instincts, I asked the lady why they didn’t pick more people.

I asked her because, I noticed the cab was kind of a private car but they just decided to pick one or two people for a few Nairas.

If the lady heard me, I didn’t know because, she neither responded to me nor asked the driver to stop to pick more passengers!

That was when I knew something was definitely wrong and I am not going to wait for another second.

I started panicking; I wound down my side of the glass and started shouting and calling out to the people at the bus stop!

A closer look at the guy beside me, I discovered he wasn’t a passenger after all; he was one of them but pretended to be a passenger.

The driver accelerated and the woman started shouting at me to keep quiet and stop attracting people’s attention!

My whole body was so numb I didn’t realize I had hit my leg on a hard object on the floor and was bleeding.

What saved the day and I wasn’t robbed or harmed was that, when we got to Costain, there was traffic build up.

Before you could say ‘recession,’ I jumped down from the ‘cab’ and slammed the door and crossed to the other side of the road.

There was a traffic warden standing there and I narrated my ordeal to him which he laughed off but, by then the ‘thieves’ had disappeared!

I boarded a bus this time and got to the interview venue and luckily for me the interviewer was running late too.

Eventually I got the job, and was never caught up again in a ‘one-chance’ vehicle, I told everyone I knew to please beware of them.

Source: http://www.chichiuncensored.com/day-entered-one-chance-vehicle/

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Royalroy
Re: The Day I Entered 'one-chance Vehicle by sybarite7(m): 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2017
na God save u say na taxi, if na bus,my guy ,your story for different

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Embassy In London Not Reachable / Container Falls On Two Fully Loaded Commercial Buses In Ojota / BRT Operator Reduces Fares By 5%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.