Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! (3517 Views)

Nigerian Customs: What You Must Know About Vehicle Duty Process / Nigeria Custom Announces Numbers For Vehicle Duty Clrearance Verification. / BREAKING: Senate Stops Nigerian Customs Vehicle Duty Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by iboboyswag(m): 7:19pm On Mar 08, 2017
Please the first thread was hidden for an unknown reason!!

This thread has been created to continue in the programme of enlightenment and assistance of the average motorist in validating and processing his vehicle custom duty in view of the recent grace period granted by the CG Customs.

The go live date remains 13th March.

The grace period is for one month.

There is a 60% rebate on assessed duty for vehicles that are already in use, that is vehicles that are already registered.

You can get further information below or make use of the contact.

Best Regards.
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by iboboyswag(m): 7:19pm On Mar 08, 2017
The federal government through the Nigeria Custom Service has issued an ultimatum for all vehicles plying Nigerian roads and within the geographical confines of Nigeria to have valid and correctly paid custom duty. Failing to comply with this directive, vehicles without valid paid custom duty risk impound and the owners prosecution.

The government has issued a grace period of one month ( March 13th - April 12th ) for all owners of vehicles without valid paid custom duty to approach any of the Nigeria Customs zonal command and validate their customs duty document.

For enquiries and assistance, quote or call 07035916733.

I can assist with verifying the validity of your custom duty paper and processing of valid customs duty for any defaulting vehicle.

Once again, for enquiries and assistance, quote or call 07035916733.

https://www.nairaland.com/3670952/new-customs-policy-duty
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by Nbote(m): 8:10pm On Mar 08, 2017
U do realise d Senate has suspended d move right? Are u d spokesperson of Customs? I pity for anyone dat would fall into ur hands...

3 Likes

Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by iboboyswag(m): 8:22pm On Mar 08, 2017
Nbote:
U do realise d Senate has suspended d move right? Are u d spokesperson of Customs? I pity for anyone dat would fall into ur hands...

The Senate has moved a motion to halt the move by customs just as they did the closure of the land borders..... Monday is not too far away, we would all be alive to witness the resultant outcome.

And no, I am not the spokesperson of the Nigeria Customs Service but a qualified concerned Nigerian who is offering his services.

Best Regards.
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by iboboyswag(m): 9:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
Nbote the information in this link will help in further enlightenment.

http://punchng.com/customs-defies-senate-insists-on-payment-of-duties-on-vehicles/

It is better to be safe than sorry.

Again, the exercise will begin on Monday, 13th March.
It is expected to last for one month, meaning it will be terminated on the 12th of April barring all unforseen incidents.
There will be a 60% rebate on all vehicles already in use (registered).

For further enquiries, quote post or whatsapp 07035916733 (the number of calls is gradually becoming overwhelming)

Note: Do not send money to anybody posing as me. The exercise has not started and would only commence barring any exigencies from Monday 13th March.

Further will be communicated as they arise.

Best regards.
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by iboboyswag(m): 9:12pm On Mar 08, 2017

http://punchng.com/customs-defies-senate-insists-on-payment-of-duties-on-vehicles/

It is expected to last for one month, meaning it will be terminated on the 12th of April barring all unforseen incidents.

For further enquiries, quote post or watsapp 07035916733 (the number of calls is gradually becoming overwhelming)

Note: Do not send money to anybody posing as me. The exercise has not started and would only commence barring any exigencies from Monday 13th March.

Further information will be communicated as they arise.

Best regards.
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by captainking(m): 9:38pm On Mar 08, 2017
iboboyswag:

For further enquiries, quote post or watsapp 07035916733 (the number of calls is gradually becoming overwhelming)

Further information will be communicated as they arise.

Best regards.
What can I do if I lost my custom papers??
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by captainking(m): 9:39pm On Mar 08, 2017
captainking:

What can I do if I lost my custom papers??
Can you help?? I can't find my custom papers.
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by iboboyswag(m): 10:46pm On Mar 08, 2017
captainking:

Can you help?? I can't find my custom papers.

Yes!

If there is any shred of evidence that the duty on the vehicle was paid, you can provide it and I will see if the information contained in the document is enough to enable a reprint. If there is no evidence then I am afraid you would have to make a fresh duty payment.

The grace period would be a good opportunity to do so as you will be getting a 60% rebate.

Best Regards.
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by adanny01(m): 10:55pm On Mar 08, 2017
So, does that mean that Nigerians that have been constantly hounded by men in uniform and the ones who either rob, rape or kidnap have to contend with yet another set of uniforms on the road.

We ar yet to finish with VIO, FRSC, Kastelea, Lastma, Highway police, SARS, operation yaki, Zenda, Lafia dole and the rest and now customs. This is apart from NDLEA, CTU, Anti robbery squad, Anti bomb suad, and the usless LGA revenue officers. It is out of place for customs to leave borders to start checking vehicle papers in the streets.

3 Likes

Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by iboboyswag(m): 11:17pm On Mar 08, 2017
adanny01:
So, does that mean that Nigerians that have been constantly hounded by men in uniform and the ones who either rob, rape or kidnap have to contend with yet another set of uniforms on the road.

We ar yet to finish with VIO, FRSC, Kastelea, Lastma, Highway police, SARS, operation yaki, Zenda, Lafia dole and the rest and now customs. This is apart from NDLEA, CTU, Anti robbery squad, Anti bomb suad, and the usless LGA revenue officers. It is out of place for customs to leave borders to start checking vehicle papers in the streets.

My brother even me sef tire...... but na wetin we go do na?
Those boys in gray are not the smiling kind. They take no prisoners.

It is only best we are safe than sorry.
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by captainking(m): 6:33am On Mar 09, 2017
iboboyswag:

Yes!

If there is any shred of evidence that the duty on the vehicle was paid, you can provide it and I will see if the information contained in the document is enough to enable a reprint. If there is no evidence then I am afraid you would have to make a fresh duty payment.

The grace period would be a good opportunity to do so as you will be getting a 60% rebate.

Best Regards.
all right boss.. I will chexk and get back to you
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by iboboyswag(m): 8:53am On Mar 09, 2017
captainking:
all right boss.. I will chexk and get back to you

Good morning.

I will be waiting here or in za oza room.

Best Regards.
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by yusuf2(m): 11:00am On Mar 09, 2017
My brother please do no worry yourself over what The Customs CG is trying to do.

Please also take note that He took this decision on his own without consultation with anybody, even the most senior management of the Nigerian Customs Service are not in support of this policy because it benefits nobody. He is on his own on this and he should on his own go about seizing peoples cars.

Let the grace period come and go, Nothing is going to happen. PLEAS AND PLEASE, DO NOT PANIC AND DON'T GIVE ANYBODY YOUR MONEY, If u want to verify if your vehicle duty is genuine, u can take a photocopy of the documents to any nearest Customs formation (pls, do not go with the vehicle, just the customs document) to verify and if it is discovered to be fake, demand to know the actual duty to be paid, if You can't afford it, just forget it.

3 Likes

Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by iboboyswag(m): 11:21am On Mar 09, 2017
yusuf2:
My brother please do no worry yourself over what The Customs CG is trying to do.

Please also take note that He took this decision on his own without consultation with anybody, even the most senior management of the Nigerian Customs Service are not in support of this policy because it benefits nobody. He is on his own on this and he should on his own go about seizing peoples cars.

Let the grace period come and go, Nothing is going to happen. PLEAS AND PLEASE, DO NOT PANIC AND DON'T GIVE ANYBODY YOUR MONEY, If u want to verify if your vehicle duty is genuine, u can take a photocopy of the documents to any nearest Customs formation (pls, do not go with the vehicle, just the customs document) to verify and if it is discovered to be fake, demand to know the actual duty to be paid, if You can't afford it, just forget it.

I hope you would be able to advocate for those whose vehicle would face the impound hammer should it occur.

Customs have been impounding registered vehicles on lagos - benin expressway, Abuja - Okene expressway etc before this new signal, i believe they will be more emboldened now than they were before.

Ignore at your own peril.

I am still available to assist with confirming the validity of your customs paper and with processing the duty when the exercise commences should there be a need. grin

Best regards.

Note: The exercise has not started and would only commence barring any exigencies from Monday 13th March. Please always exercise due diligence in all your dealings.
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by captainking(m): 11:24am On Mar 09, 2017
iboboyswag:

Good morning.

I will be waiting here or in za oza room.

Best Regards.
Hahhaaha.. Alright boss

1 Like

Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by iboboyswag(m): 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2017
Hello there....

There have been conflicting reports about the effectiveness or in some cases the validity of the CG Customs signal on the clampdown of registered vehicles without valid paid customs duty. The senate has also lent it's voice by passing a resolution directing the service to halt it's plan.

The service had responded through its spokesperson, stating that the exercise will go on irrespective. (the response is in the link) http://punchng.com/customs-defies-senate-insists-on-payment-of-duties-on-vehicles/

I am not holding brief for the service but the question remains on which side of the divide would you the vehicle owner want to be?

It is better to be safe than sorry..... know your status today!!!
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by yusuf2(m): 12:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
iboboyswag:

I hope you would be able to advocate for those whose vehicle would face the impound hammer should it occur.

Customs have been impounding registered vehicles on lagos - benin expressway, Abuja - Okene expressway etc before this new signal, i believe they will be more emboldened now than they were before.

Ignore at your own peril.

I am still available to assist with confirming the validity of your customs paper and with processing the duty when the exercise commences should there be a need. grin

Best regards.

Note: The exercise has not started and would only commence barring any exigencies from Monday 13th March. Please always exercise due diligence in all your dealings.
Last time i checked, this is still Nigeria, trust me, NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

1 Like

Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by iboboyswag(m): 9:51pm On Mar 09, 2017
As we await the result on the tug of war between the Nigeria Customs Service and the Senate, we would like to state that the go live date remains Monday 13th March.

60% rebate will apply (you will be required to show proof of registration and use).

Duration is still one month.

Further information will be passed across as they come in.

Best Regards.

Stay safe!
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by yakbauer: 1:08pm On Mar 10, 2017
iboboyswag:

There is a 60% rebate on assessed duty for vehicles that are already in use, that is vehicles that are already registered.

Pls kindly help explain further on this 60% rebate

1 Like

Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by iboboyswag(m): 4:56pm On Mar 10, 2017
yakbauer:

Pls kindly help explain further on this 60% rebate

What the customs are saying is that there will be a reduction by 60% from the current duty payable for all registered but defaulting vehicles.

Though the format is still a bit sketchy but be rest assured that the duty to be paid would be far less than what it would have been if you were to clear the same vehicle today from the ports. The exact valuation and duty payable for each vehicle will be gotten from the customs when the exercise commences upon presentation.

Information as I have it now 4:30pm 10th March!

The 60% rebate will only apply to already registered vehicles.

There will be verification of such vehicles.

The method of verification would be known from Monday 13th March.

Best Regards.
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by iboboyswag(m): 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2017
A very big shout out to all those who have trusted us with their business.

I really appreciate!!!

A very special shout out to Mr Augustine... thanks for your patience.

Note: The exercise has not commenced. It is expected to commence on Monday 13th March. We are only assisting with validating customs duty documents presently.

Best Regards.
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by jafextra(m): 5:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
Thanks bro. for the verification services you render. It was swift and detailed

2 Likes

Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by akeemakinremi(m): 5:49pm On Mar 10, 2017
I'm a licenced customs agent tincan island apapa, it is advisable not to fall a victim of uncertainty, let d CG appear b4 d senate b4 any panic, if u are in doubt whether ur vehicle evade import duty, it is advisable to contact d agent who did the clearing initially or walk down to harvey road with ur CUSTOM VERIFICATION NUM 4 confirmation, if u cant find your customs document, there are procedures to which it can be reprinted. NB. i'm a licenced customs agent. Thanks
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by Adebayofca: 8:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
akeemakinremi:
I'm a licenced customs agent tincan island apapa, it is advisable not to fall a victim of uncertainty, let d CG appear b4 d senate b4 any panic, if u are in doubt whether ur vehicle evade import duty, it is advisable to contact d agent who did the clearing initially or walk down to harvey road with ur CUSTOM VERIFICATION NUM 4 confirmation, if u cant find your customs document, there are procedures to which it can be reprinted. NB. i'm a licenced customs agent. Thanks

I bought a Nigerian used Honda EOD in 2015 and the seller claimed he misplaced the customs paper. He doesn't have the C no either. Is it possible to get a reprint (assuming he truly had the papers)
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by akeemakinremi(m): 8:57pm On Mar 10, 2017
Adebayofca:

I bought a Nigerian used Honda EOD in 2015 and the seller claimed he misplaced the customs paper. He doesn't have the C no either. Is it possible to get a reprint (assuming he truly had the papers)
Thats a technical issue, It is better u contact d seller, since there is no single document to confirm if he truly pays custom duty, ask if he can provide d BL there we can get a solution. Thanks
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by Adebayofca: 9:05pm On Mar 10, 2017
akeemakinremi:
Thats a technical issue, It is better u contact d seller, since there is no single document to confirm if he truly pays custom duty, ask if he can provide d BL there we can get a solution. Thanks

OK. Thanks
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by iboboyswag(m): 6:42pm On Mar 12, 2017
Good evening,

The exercise is expected to begin tomorrow. I will be at the customs zonal headquarters in lagos, venue of the exercise and will provide feedbacks as needed.

Watch this space!

Best Regards.
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by iboboyswag(m): 7:23am On Mar 13, 2017
Good morning,

The D-day is here... I will be live at the customs zonal headquarters in Lagos and will give you feedbacks as they occur. It is expected that the exercise will commence today but let us just keep our fingers crossed and watch this space.

Note: We are still assisting with confirming the validity of your custom duty paper and processing of valid customs duty for any defaulting vehicle.

We can be reached on 07035916733.

Best Regards.
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by iboboyswag(m): 4:24pm On Mar 13, 2017
My people.....

Latest Update

The exercise has begun in earnest.

All vehicles without custom duty are to take advantage of this grace period.

60% rebate will still apply.

Documents required are all vehicle particulars.

We are still assisting with validating customs duty documents and can also now commence assisting with processing of valid customs duty for any defaulting vehicle.

I can still be contacted on 07035916733.

Best Regards.

Please exercise due diligence.
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by iboboyswag(m): 5:59am On Mar 14, 2017
Good morning,

Trust you had a good night. Today presents another opportunity for you to take advantage of the grace period granted by the Nigeria Customs Service to validate your vehicles' customs document and if found not to be valid, make proper payment.

The 60% rebate will still apply.

The exercise will still be for one month March 13th - April 12th (we don't have to wait for when it is 1 week to its termination).

The 7 years rule is not applying in this case.

Vehicles bought from major dealers such as Elizade, Scoa motors, dana motors etc need not worry their sweet heads. In the case of misplaced customs duty covering paper, they can approach the dealer for a new one.

I can still be reached on 07035916733.

Thanks and have a great day.

Best Regards.
Re: New Customs Policy On Vehicle Duty - I Am Here To Help! by ican2020: 6:29am On Mar 14, 2017
So, VIN cannot help.
Which means custom does not have record.
See you in court

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Should I Go For Between Lexus RX 350 & ES 350 Both 2007 Model? / Peugeot Matter / Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Detest Coupe Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.