Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

GTB Atm Shocked(electric shock) Me Twice - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / GTB Atm Shocked(electric shock) Me Twice (1151 Views)

GTB 737 Service Now Requires 4 Digit PIN To Complete Transactions / Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTB Atm Shocked(electric shock) Me Twice by chimeziepaul: 9:19pm On Mar 08, 2017
Tuesday morning while trying to use GTB's atm, the one located along Allen - Opebi road, I was shocked , then I used biro to cancel the transaction so that i can comfortably use the next machine. Surprisingly, the second atm shocked me again,I had no choice but to cancel again so that i can use another bank not minding the charges i will incur. After that i complained to the security man and he said the bank is aware of it. I went inside and requested to speak to any staff in charge but to no avail. This is to ensure others do not experience same. My question now is why will a bank be aware of such danger yet allows people to get shocked, this is harmful healthwise and needs to be taken up by appropriate authorities or better given sanctions to serve as lessons to other banks. This cannot happen in other countries.

Please people need to be aware.
Re: GTB Atm Shocked(electric shock) Me Twice by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 08, 2017
Shocked at what? Were you underpaid or debited without the machine dispensing

Modified... Please open edit the "shocked" to electrocuted. It will be much better

1 Like

Re: GTB Atm Shocked(electric shock) Me Twice by LAFO: 9:47pm On Mar 08, 2017
This write up shocked me

6 Likes

Re: GTB Atm Shocked(electric shock) Me Twice by timbs001(m): 9:51pm On Mar 08, 2017
I guess the Op meant electric shock. angry

1 Like

Re: GTB Atm Shocked(electric shock) Me Twice by decatalyst(m): 10:01pm On Mar 08, 2017
timbs001:
I guess the Op meant electric shock. angry

Not writing comprehensible sentences is one of the reasons students fail exams. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTB Atm Shocked(electric shock) Me Twice by jessica042: 10:03pm On Mar 08, 2017
has happened to me with a UBA machine ....guess u can call their contact centre..
Re: GTB Atm Shocked(electric shock) Me Twice by paulsibility(m): 11:08pm On Mar 08, 2017
so true, I once experienced that in UNIBEN. sometimes around 2010 at intercontinental bank ( now access bank) close to main gate . I used biro too. not so funny that day.
Re: GTB Atm Shocked(electric shock) Me Twice by mecussey(m): 11:20pm On Mar 08, 2017
This is due to earth leakage, the voltage leaking is between 70 to 90v and cannot kill a human being. You can still manage to withdraw without been electrocuted to death. However, the bank should simply check the wirings and make sure live goes to live, neutral goes to neutral and earth is properly grounded.
Re: GTB Atm Shocked(electric shock) Me Twice by deebrain(m): 7:31am On Mar 09, 2017
"The bank is aware"..... This part got me.

That means there are no doubts, records of the shock (it was given you) would be in their service archives.

The machine was rejecting you as a person, not only your card.

Seek the necessary in your local church.

Thanks.
Re: GTB Atm Shocked(electric shock) Me Twice by BlaQWolf: 8:07am On Mar 09, 2017
LAFO:
This write up shocked me

You are crazy in a funny way...lol

1 Like

Re: GTB Atm Shocked(electric shock) Me Twice by chimeziepaul: 4:32pm On Mar 09, 2017
Thanks for the correction
Re: GTB Atm Shocked(electric shock) Me Twice by kaydeee: 6:48pm On Mar 10, 2017
LAFO:
This write up shocked me

Hahaha

(1) (Reply)

Stop Posting Your Contacts And Digits On Nairaland. See A Suspicious Mail I Got / Sell Us Your Used Distress Car From Direct Owner / I Have 1500 US Dollar For Sale In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.