Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging (46958 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Anoints Premises Of Dominion University Ibadan / Technical University Ibadan: Oyo State-Owned Varsity To Begin Operation January / Technical University, Ibadan Built By Central Bank (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Tazdroid(m): 7:51am On Mar 09, 2017
Sad. But justice must take its course

The handing down of sentences may be influenced in the defendant's favour by one or some of several factors some of which include the disposition of the presiding judge, the tenacity and persuasiveness of the defence lawyer, and so on
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Krystalzkris(f): 7:53am On Mar 09, 2017
Ntooooooor........
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by LEAFLET(m): 7:56am On Mar 09, 2017
I thought dead by hanging is far left in the 19th century?? How about 30 or 20 years in prison for a teen that lost his rage? I think the judgement was harsh... Well What do I know..

3 Likes

Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by kerryjossy(f): 7:58am On Mar 09, 2017
I'm not against!!!

Buh then, are we going to condemn him alone?? There are thousands of corrupt politicians that have taken more than just one life and their cases have been swept under the rug. Nigeria and corruption are like 5%6.

If it was a wealthy politician's son that committed this same heinous crime, would this judge pass exactly this same judgement??

We are in a country where a certain group of people are ABOVE the law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by folly22(f): 8:00am On Mar 09, 2017
what is now his gain in engaging in violence but atleast he will be able toseek for forgiveness before death take him away. what a life!
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:03am On Mar 09, 2017
With this sanity will begin to return to our university.

I hate death but people need to know that they cannot kill people then go and sleep with their eyes closed.
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Charly68: 8:04am On Mar 09, 2017
I blamed his parents for their failure in encoding high moral lesson into his life before sending him to such school. In my days as a student after given me my school fees and whatever,my father would say one more thing son,always remember the son of whom you are . That statement has helped me never to be wayward in life. In time of provocation & trials I would asked myself what would my Dad say if he hears that I do this or do that ..? Indeed if you mess up in our home you are on your own because my father would ask you,who taught you how to misbehave . Parents should do more to teach morality to their children ..there are lots of societal decay this days. Even Govt is doing nothing to help the children,they have cancelled morning devotions in school system,cancelled corporal punishment & all sorts of good things that compel children to learn and adapt to good morals very early . The one killed & the one to be hanged might be future president or Governors but now they are to be wasted just like that! If you don't want your child to be wasted give them high moral training & allow teachers to help you instil discipline into the child..This to me alone is an unquantifiable wealth in the life of a man.
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by emi14: 8:05am On Mar 09, 2017
Dongreat:

Madam, there was no where in the write up that said the accused was a cultist. They got into an argument resulting to the rage and thereafter death. Please read before you fight for FTC. Not every fight that leads to death is as a result of cultism.

She analyzed Owolabi's action and related it to cultist styles. I concur with madam.
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by kayo80(m): 8:07am On Mar 09, 2017
DjAndroid:

I'm a full-blooded Igbo, but.. .. . Take this insanity out a here. It's high time you people grew up and stop this rubbish.

Thanks for this comment.
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by kolado(m): 8:08am On Mar 09, 2017
Tazdroid:
Sad. But justice must take its course

The handing down of sentences may be influenced in the defendant's favour by one or some of several factors some of which include the disposition of the presiding judge, the tenacity and persuasiveness of the defence lawyer, and so on
Well you may perhaps be right. I doubt if the Judge's disposition has anything to do with his sentence. The offence was already established considering the intention to kill not cause grievous harm when the convict stabbed the deceased on the neck. This alone has nailed him to the offence!
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by EASYSHO: 8:11am On Mar 09, 2017
So sad. May God b with the two families right now. Can not emerging what will be going through there minds after spending so much in the name of private school. May be public school at there back yard would have done justice to it. But who are we to blaim God.
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by comrjoetega(m): 8:13am On Mar 09, 2017
Lesson to others
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Tazdroid(m): 8:13am On Mar 09, 2017
kolado:
Well you may perhaps be right. I doubt if the Judge's disposition has anything to do with his sentence. The offence was already established considering the intention to kill not cause grievous harm when the convict stabbed the deceased on the neck. This alone has nailed him to the offence!
That's correct. Actually, what I referred to has to do with the expression "temper justice with mercy". But the law is clear on the relevant punishment

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by tmgold007(f): 8:14am On Mar 09, 2017
misscrystals:
lord have mercy... U tell them cultism nor dey pay dem no hear nw look what u ve done to urself and ur family
Leave them...it a waste of time trying to educate anybody again in this centuary that cultism no pay......Let them continue and keep dying like chicken
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by bigfreak: 8:15am On Mar 09, 2017
This is just a deterrent to others like him. I can bet he won't see the hang man. He will most likely appeal and appeal and appeal till when everybody has forgotten about him. Then his parents will probably pay one judge after 10 yrs who will sentence him to 10yrs already served and release him. But nobody has been hanged in a while that's for sure
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by AreaFada2: 8:16am On Mar 09, 2017
kingphilip:
Just a little moment of fury is taking two people to their grave

I wonder how and why people get angry because of little things.. It takes nothing to let things slide no matter how grievous it may look

It's better to let it slide and look weak among people rather than acting in moments of anger and regret later

Nigerians it's time to let things slide when it doesn't directly injure you and leave immediately when you see things beginning to get heated

It takes less than a minute to have a forever had-I-known

RIP to the departed. Anger is such an unpredictable thing. He just cut a precious life short and hurt the deceased's family immeasurably.

However, I think it was manslaughter. The prosecutor proved that he caused the death. But he/she did not prove that it was a cold, calculated & planned murder.

There is a difference. In the heat of sudden rage, people can break a bottle, grab a knife, a screw driver, an iron chair or a stick. These are all potentially deadly weapon if used with enough force & a sensitive body part is affected.

Still it is not like someone planning to kill another over time & for specific reasons/motives. Like hiring a killer, acquiring a gun, looking for the right moment to hit. With the aim to satisfy a motive or motives which can be financial (life insurance, wealth, business deal), revenge/settle a score, jealousy, hatred, etc. The important thing here is the offender had to opportunity to rethink and abandon the evil plan but didn't. Someone in a sudden rage would not have planned ahead to kill & hardly any time to rethink.
While it might be intended to serve as deterrent, hardly anyone in rage in the four corners of the country will remember this case in the heat.

Sure the family of the deceased will feel justice has been done. I would feel same way in their position.

But justice needs to be done in the interest of the victim/victim's loved ones, the offender & the society at large.

While an an for an eye might seem attractive, we do not run a "Law of Moses" or "Sharia" penal code as national law. It is secular law.
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by tmgold007(f): 8:17am On Mar 09, 2017
dannythethug:
An eye for an eye.

Case closed!
Yes oooo serves him right and left
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Kobicove(m): 8:17am On Mar 09, 2017
I wonder how a student who exhibits the attributes of a common motor park tout even manage to get into Lead City University in the first instance undecided
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 09, 2017
do it fast.
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by tmgold007(f): 8:20am On Mar 09, 2017
GOOD FOR YOU undecided undecided but come to think of it oo all these jurdges that normally sentence somebody to death....who will sentence them to death.....#thinking of d law of karma# oro naa ko ye mi rara
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by OmniSparrow: 8:28am On Mar 09, 2017
policy12:

Only here.....
How bitter can you be? 2 productive lives down the drain and you can't let go of bigotry for one moment.
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Lightening: 8:29am On Mar 09, 2017
kerryjossy:
I'm not against!!!

Buh then, are we going to condemn him alone?? There are thousands of corrupt politicians that have taken more than just one life and their cases have been swept under the rug. Nigeria and corruption are like 5%6.

If it was a wealthy politician's son that committed this same heinous crime, would this judge pass exactly this same judgement??

We are in a country where a certain group of people are ABOVE the law.

An ex governor just got sentenced to five years behind bars. What are you saying bro
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 09, 2017
Before we find world peace, we gotta find a end to d war on the streets. 2pac
RIP my dawg flabush a.k.a walking google. All dawgs to go heaven. You was in ur final year, d only child, we weren't dt close buh it was all luv. We usta hang out in all of dem joints buh u never compromised ur studies. U was a genius. And to u "essential", v never been a strong supporter of "an eye for an eye" buh I pray God forgive u. I hope u find peace. The things we go thru in school, d wrong choices we make, most of us are just lucky to b here. So, who am I to judge u?? Who are we to say who lives and die?? Can't explain a mother's pain when her son drops. Not to talk of loosing ur only child. I hope flabush's mum is fine now and I pray his family is fine. Sleep on hommie. D good die young. Rest in peace to every genius that never made it.
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Kingbuhari(m): 8:31am On Mar 09, 2017
that wifeless useless bushy hair professor Will be happy by now
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 09, 2017
this kain thing even for private school? i carry yansh oooo
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 09, 2017
Murder case in 2014 and its still court. na wa oo
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by maamisco(f): 8:32am On Mar 09, 2017
SEE YOUR LIFE! undecided
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by zeezeegal(m): 8:33am On Mar 09, 2017
Na So Ur Own Journey Won Take End? Na Wa Ooo... Painful Death
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by dannythethug: 8:36am On Mar 09, 2017
tmgold007:

Yes oooo serves him right and left

Na so my lady gangstar.

Yo! Yo!
tongue

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by happney65: 8:58am On Mar 09, 2017
Dongreat:

Madam, there was no where in the write up that said the accused was a cultist. They got into an argument resulting to the rage and thereafter death. Please read before you fight for FTC. Not every fight that leads to death is as a result of cultism.

Bros,Are you a Cultist?Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The TV Inside OAU Laboratory [photos] / Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know / 'Bee Beard’: Professor Covered In Bees At Washington State University (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.