Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,386 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:37 PM

The Simple Act Of Alms Giving - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Simple Act Of Alms Giving (464 Views)

Should I Bother how a Beggar Uses my alms? / 3 Female Osun Followers Solicit For Alms, Dressed In White (Photos) / Is It Risky To Give Alms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Simple Act Of Alms Giving by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 09, 2017
This is a period of giving, a period of reaching out especially to the under privileged in and around us.

The underprivileged are the most hit by the untold hardship the recession brought upon us as a nation.

There are those who do not believe in giving or who do not know what it means to give, they are only takers.

When you give, there is this feeling of joy you get and you feel a sense of responsibility in you as a person.

For those of us that are Christians, this is the Lenten period when our giving spirit is ignited to reach out to everyone in need!

One of the greatest weaknesses I have is in giving too much, (seriously) I give so much, I begin to wonder if I have my senses right.

Giving is not just to the people we know or our loved ones, no, it is mostly for those we do not really know from anywhere!

Remember that, in giving you receive as well, if you are constantly giving, you will constantly receive too, that’s how it works.

It works like magic; I am a testifier of that. Each time I give out something be it financial or material, I in turn receive same!

I know people who will never give out anything to you, even when it’s something they do not need, they rather throw it away!

While I was growing up, I had this cousin of mine who lived with us, she so loved materials things, that she could do anything to get it.

The thing is not that she loved material things; the thing is she bought things she did not need and kept them.

Keeping them gives her life, so I felt then. Ask her for anything as little as a hair brushes, she will be quick to tell you she didn’t have it!

She never gave; she only took from people to add to whatever she had, giving alms to the poor was weird to her.

I tried to educate her but; I realized you cannot change people with such mindset about giving to others.

Today, she lives a beggarly life, not like I am mocking her, no, but just to illustrate what giving and not giving can do to someone!

Even the bible talked so much about giving and went on to say that ‘’God loves a cheerful giver’’, yes, give with all your heart.

A friend of mine paid me a surprise visit one weekend, and when she came, she met arranging my clothes and shoes.

She asked me if I was traveling, I said no, I was arranging them to be given out to the under privileged in our church!

She went what? How could you do such? Do you know who they are, if they were witches and wizards?

‘’They would use the clothes you give to them to attack you’’ she said, I looked at her and laughed.

You see, that can only be from someone who does not give and does not find any reason to give to someone even if they were dying!

Giving is a gift of the Holy Spirit, He admonishes us to give, and that by giving we shall also receive.

I am not a preacher but, I know the things of God and how to apply them in my daily life as an inspiration for myself!

Source: http://www.chichiuncensored.com/simple-act-alms-giving/

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Ladies Dancing Tahiti Traditional Dance (hula Lou / Hyoyeon Dance) / Let's Stop This Madness Before Its Too Late / Ibadan New Kings Distance Themselves From Ladoja's Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.