Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,004 members, 7,849,049 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:52 PM

Do Not Test God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Not Test God (387 Views)

Do This & Test God, And See Him Do A NEW THING In Your Life Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Test God by ACKCITY: 12:04pm On Mar 09, 2017
I have seen some drivers over-speeding and when you caution them they are often quick to say, “It’s only God that saves those who drives slowly and those who over-speeds”

Very true, it’s God that saves everyone in all situations but do not test the Lord your God by doing things anyhow and expects Him to save you.

Jesus Christ was tempted by devil to test God and break the law of gravity. He was standing at the highest point of the temple and devil said to him, “If you are the Son of God, jump off! For the Scripture says, ‘He will order His angels to protect you. And they will hold you up with their hands so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone” Matthew 4:5-6 (NLT)

Pride makes people do irrational things, I mean why would anyone want to jump down a cliff or from the top of a building, breaking the law of gravity deliberately just to prove that they are children of God.

It is different if you mistakenly fall off a building or cliff, by miracle God can cause something to hold you while falling, it could be a plank just somewhere at the right time, and it could be a tree that will give you just a little injury, not like falling from a building and hitting a ground.

But why would someone deliberately put one's hand into fire just because you are a born-again Christian and you expect God to save you?

You know that dangerous driving is dangerous and can lead to your death and yet because you are a Christian you say it is God that protects. Why not just go ahead and have unprotected sex with an HIV carrier and say God will protect you?

Or, how can a women sleep next to man all night, a man who is not her husband and she say, he is a nice man he will not take advantage of me, he will not rape me, or can a woman deliberately make her husband to go out to other women and say, he can do whatsoever he wants.

Hear Jesus’ response to devil when the devil wanted Him to test God, “The Scriptures also say, ‘you must not test the Lord your God” Matthew 4:7 (NLT)

Read more >>http://citofgod..com.ng/2017/03/do-not-test-god.html

Re: Do Not Test God by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 09, 2017
ok

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Armor Of God / Apostle Johnson Suleiman Finally Confessed / Is It Possible For We Believers To Truly Love Others The Same Way God Loves Us?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.