Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

How Save Is It To Invest In FGN Bond? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Save Is It To Invest In FGN Bond? (543 Views)

February 2019 FGN Bond Auction Oversubscribed Despite Election Concerns / Fgn Bond: Sovereign Sukuk Offer For Subscription / FGN Savings Bond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Save Is It To Invest In FGN Bond? by igwegeorgiano(m): 5:05pm On Mar 09, 2017
Fellow NLs, i have been thinking if its safe to invest in the federal govt of nigeria' bond. i have 10m which i desire to invest but am yet to decide where to invest it in. A friend and colleague told me about the FGN bond but am skeptical about it sustainability cos in time past i had lost million to the stock trading in nigeria and wouldnt want to thread the path of loss anymore.

Investment expert biko i need ur expertise counsel. thanks
Re: How Save Is It To Invest In FGN Bond? by dominique(f): 5:48pm On Mar 09, 2017
I'm also interested in knowing myself
Re: How Save Is It To Invest In FGN Bond? by sentoms: 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2017
The FGN bond is safe to invest in.cos it issued and back by the federal govt of Nigeria and its asset..
You might only lose money if you liquidate before its maturity. The minimum period of the bond is 2 years/3yrs. If you need money for an emergency and you need to liquidate it , it may be a period when bond prices are down.
When interest rate raises bond prices go down . .. And vice versa
Re: How Save Is It To Invest In FGN Bond? by sentoms: 6:12pm On Mar 09, 2017
You can consider investing in money market mutual fundfund. Which is more liquid and guarantees your capital any time.
You are not tied to any particular rate , but you enjoy current rate in the market
Re: How Save Is It To Invest In FGN Bond? by igwegeorgiano(m): 10:54pm On Mar 09, 2017
sentoms:
The FGN bond is safe to invest in.cos it issued and back by the federal govt of Nigeria and its asset..
You might only lose money if you liquidate before its maturity. The minimum period of the bond is 2 years/3yrs. If you need money for an emergency and you need to liquidate it , it may be a period when bond prices are down.
When interest rate raises bond prices go down . .. And vice versa
Thanks a millions for the insight

(1) (Reply)

Buy And Sell Bitcoin @good Rate / Top 10 Profitable Agriculture Business Ideas / Luno Operators Come In Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.