Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

CBN Injects Another $100 Million Into Forex Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Injects Another $100 Million Into Forex Market (12543 Views)

CBN Injects Another $190m Into Forex Market / CBN Injects $482.6m Into Forex Market, Naira Gains / 24 Hours After New Policy, CBN Injects $371m Into Forex Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: CBN Injects Another $100 Million Into Forex Market by HAH: 12:20pm On Mar 11, 2017
LordBaelish:

I think speculators should actually buy up the excess dollars depending on their capital base. It's similar to the stock market, when people are in panic selling, a wise investor would caefully buy. Fact is it all works in a similar manner: Ponzi's, Stocks, Investments and Forex. Emotions carry a lot of weight especially one like Nigeria.

To be honest, i really don't expect the cuts suggested by opec to be maintained for the long haul as it'll affect the larger OPEC producing countries more than the latter.

I once believed in the notion that says buy stocks when everyone is selling until I was badly burned.

In 2009 when everyone was selling shares I bought some shares notably among oceanic, bankphb and afribank of abou( 15M believe me I lost 90% of my investment till today left with only regrets, I now personally see the stock market as a ponzi scheme but back by law, where brokers will lure you to buy the share to shore up price then sell off and everything comes crashing, my friend that bought 2 house in 2009 with 15M in lokogoma abuja now collects 1.5m rent annually and the houses have appreciated by over 100%,. All I have is regrets only and have move on
Re: CBN Injects Another $100 Million Into Forex Market by LordBaelish: 12:40pm On Mar 11, 2017
HAH:

I once believed in the notion that says buy stocks when everyone is selling until I was badly burned.

In 2009 when everyone was selling shares I bought some shares notably among oceanic, bankphb and afribank of abou( 15M believe me I lost 90% of my investment till today left with only regrets, I now personally see the stock market as a ponzi scheme but back by law, where brokers will lure you to buy the share to shore up price then sell off and everything comes crashing, my friend that bought 2 house in 2009 with 15M in lokogoma abuja now collects 1.5m rent annually and the houses have appreciated by over 100%,. All I have is regrets only and have move on

That was a tough one but you're right on stocks being part ponzi's. However if one looks at things based on their true worth not value then one can affirm that an investment is worthy. In such cases, Hype brought them up, fear brought them down. In the case of Oil, it'll depend on OPEC vs USA,CHINA,INDIA and other oil consuming countries.

Let's see sha..
Re: CBN Injects Another $100 Million Into Forex Market by no1madman(m): 2:34pm On Mar 20, 2017
idbami2:

Ah. This one na madman truetrue..

Oya, come, make I pray fr yyou

Don't pray 4 me. .give me money. .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Report Banks Hoarding FOREX, CBN Tells Nigerians / Cash-Less Economy: How Will It Affect You? / Africa Richest People 2011 - Most Are White (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.