Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,372 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed (404 Views)

I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise / Top 8 Money Tips For Salary Earners / When Is It Appropriate To Ask For A Salary Raise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed by waluga(m): 9:57am On Mar 10, 2017
I been working with this firm for going to a year (will be a year by May)..but the take home have not been encouraging based on the economic situation of the country, rise in price of everything from transportation to food stuff...though am not the only one in this situation but as the say goes......."my case is different'' i think cos my tfare alone is something else, tfare from tollgate-otta to isolo no be beans...which take almost 30% of my salary take home....i have talk to our OM about it who happen to be my brother(which is another case that has been drawing me back to voice out), but all he could say his dat the situation of the country is of no concern to the company.. but now i think i cant take it any more....but i will need u guys advice on this, should i go ahead to send a mail to my country manager or just lay low till they do another of there 7% increment, which is not sure to come sooner and cant still solve the issue, to that i already receive one of that last year but it make no diff even it cant pay for my tfare within 2weeks...thanks as yuh put in ur advice............be blessed
Re: Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 10, 2017
No reasonable boss will sack a staff simply because he asked for an increase. Send the mail in the most polite manner explaining the situation. The welfare of the staff is a priority to the company because its only when the staff is happy that he can be productive and the company will grow as a result. Goodluck

(1) (Reply)

Getting Job Interviews Through Networking / Need An ICT Professional Certification? Get In Here!! / I`m Looking For A Boss In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.