Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,269 members, 7,849,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:15 PM

Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community (27540 Views)

Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells / Helicopter Delivers Supplies To Fulani Herdsmen In Delta Desert — Lawmaker, Ivew / Ayiri Emami Storms Delta Community. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by BLoomfrancs(m): 1:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

If you don't know that Abraka and Ethiope are entirely urhobo names, then you my friend is pig in question. If you have any problem with ikwere people go and settle your scores in obia kpor not here and stop disgracing your self, bitter over a forgone issue

Delta state clown where in any of my posts did I mention Abraka or Ethiope.
I was reffering to clowns like you who do not know where they come from.

Onye ara!
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by Dedetwo(m): 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2017
comos:

ABRAKA— RESIDENTS of Abraka community, Ethiope East Local Government Area, Delta State, yesterday, corroborated the claim that unknown persons in military camouflage were, indeed, making strange supplies with helicopters to herdsmen at a barren region of Ovre-Abraka village, saying they were scared at the development.

The lawmaker representing Ethiope East in the state House of Assembly, Mr. Evance Ivwurie, had raised the alarm recently over alleged supplies by an unidentified helicopter to herdsmen at Ovre-Abraka. Armed Fulani-herdsmen When Vanguard visited the community, yesterday, spokesperson of one of the communities, Efe Samuel, confirmed that the people were panicky over the supplies, adding: “Yes, we have seen helicopters flying around in that area, but their objective is what I do not understand.” “Most of the times, the helicopters normally land inside the desert area.

There are two helicopters with different colours. One of them is painted in green army colour, just like the herdsmen, most of whom are dressed in military camouflage and armed with rifles.

Though I cannot give much details on their operations inside the desert area because as you know, we do not stay there, but only go there to hunt and farm, these herdsmen also use motorcycles in patrolling the area most of the times and they shoot at anyone who questions them,” he said.

A farmer in the area, Victor Erherha, said it was common knowledge in the community that some persons were using helicopters to make supplies to herdsmen occupying a desert area of Ovre-Abraka. Erherha, however, said he had not sighted the helicopters himself, adding.

“They also use trailers to transport things into the area and they normally brandish guns on the face of the farmers in the area. I have personally fallen victim to their attack sometime ago.”

Accusing security agents of conspiracy, the farmer said: “There is a synergy between the Alhajis and some security agents, who have the phone numbers of some top officers.

“In the event of any arrest, these Alhajis, who have contacts with the security agencies facilitate bail for the herdsmen.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/residents-confirm-alleged-helicopter-supplies-herdsmen-delta-community/

Why are these people fear their saviors? The people of this region, stemming from the period of Midwestern region, have always look upon the northerners as good friends and neighbors. The love for the Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri and others also manifested itself during Nigeria/Biafra war.
It is funny to hear this type of nonsense from certain people in Delta State. You and your forebears had always enjoyed the company of people from the northern region of Nigeria and should spare us this ridiculous shenanigans.

1 Like

Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by megareal: 1:45pm On Mar 10, 2017
Kingspin post=54450352[b:
]S[b]ome thing fishy yet to unfold and well coordinated is happening in Southern part of Nigeria lead by top government officials and agencies.[/b][Whether you like it or not. What is over 2000 herdsmen doing inside a forest and supported by helicopter? I recall the same air support was use to supply logistics to Boko Haram during the peak of their terror.

It's very true. I remember an incident some months back in Akwa Ibom. A bus load of Fulanis were offloaded in the middle of the night in Uyo. Residents who saw them queried some of them as to their mission but they simply ignored them and scattered in different directions.

The South should be alert else we will wake up one day to find danger in our homes.
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 10, 2017
Tenkobos:
Nigeria is likely to experience another war before the end of this year

i totally agree n have bin prepping
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2017
Luvdk:
Sipping my juice grin
Ds are the pple that s2upidly changed their names n those of their communities just to please an almajiri northerners
Now almajiris are their claiming what's theirs and they're here crying
Tell me what's the meaning of Abraka, Ethiope.....or are guys from Ethiopia
I will soon change my luvly name from Amaka to Amraka grin
Ndi ara!

i thot i was only the one thinking along this line o... Ethiope.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2017
BLoomfrancs:

No mind them, stupid people. Allowing strangers ter rewrite their identities fer them, against their own brothers.

Even the fools who come from ikwerre.
Someone will be proud to say he comes from Rumokoro, Rumosi, Rumuola, etc, useless people.

which one be the curses. ? Leave them alone let Anioma be please
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2017
Dedetwo:

Why are these people fear their saviors? The people of this region, stemming from the period of Midwestern region, have always look upon the northerners as good friends and neighbors. The love for the Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri and others also manifested itself during Nigeria/Biafra war.
It is funny to hear this type of nonsense from certain people in Delta State. You and your forebears had always enjoyed the company of people from the northern region of Nigeria and should spare us this ridiculous shenanigans.

That is not true... it will take a while and some period to explain the complexities in the SOuth-South, but your stance is untrue
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by Barrywilly(m): 2:05pm On Mar 10, 2017
comos:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/residents-confirm-alleged-helicopter-supplies-herdsmen-delta-community/
Instead of doing the needful like the Ife warriors, they will be complaining to nairalanders. So what are we going to do about that. Leave the Internet and come and liberate ur land for you abi? Lazy lots

2 Likes

Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by toshmann(m): 2:11pm On Mar 10, 2017
Ahaaaa. I no talk am? If this is true, then uou can see that in leas than 24hrs after the return of Bubu the Sai, the herssmen are active again.

Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by ikdaddy01(m): 2:18pm On Mar 10, 2017
Just less thank 6 hours ......and this piiiiiiiiple are taking healines AGAIN??
They have taken front page in Nairaland already.
If I talk de ll say Ayam tokin
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by Ruggedpen: 2:25pm On Mar 10, 2017
Smallville10:
Talk is not enough, its ur state so start preparing ur selves too in d way u can
VERY WRONG IT'S GOING TO BE BLOODY IF DELTANS DECIDE TO ATTACK THEM.
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by paulo220(m): 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
this country is in a very big problem....
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by nenergy(m): 3:48pm On Mar 10, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

The community in question is a rural area. How many old people for your village dey use camera phone?
Camera phones are not limited to urban areas alone na. Village people no dey browse or chat? Maybe your village is an exception grin
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by adenlemmanuel: 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2017
I don't know who the Afonjas are, but this can never happen in ile-Ife.......

1 Like

Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by kvngjesse(m): 4:19pm On Mar 10, 2017
Everfrank:
If the op, his source or supporters can't prove the existence of a desert in Delta state or evidence of helicopters delivering supplies then they should shut up.
m a deltan bruh, its just an open field, buh herdsmen there are much and there is a river close to it.
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by coolscott(m): 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2017
But the source looks super legit
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by Kirigidi(m): 4:26pm On Mar 10, 2017
HumanistMike:
Is there a desert in the Niger Delta?

Is there a desert in Delta state?

Something is not right about this story.
Its not actually desert but Savannah grassland. There are several pockets of such natural grasslands with stunted/ short and widely dispersed trees existing in different parts of Central District of Delta State which marveled even earlier European explorers to the region.
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
nenergy:

Camera phones are not limited to urban areas alone na. Village people no dey browse or chat? Maybe your village is an exception grin

use ur church mind. u no say old poeple no dey too reason all those functions
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by HumanistMike(m): 4:39pm On Mar 10, 2017
Kirigidi:

Its not actually desert but Savannah grassland. There are several pockets of such natural grasslands with stunted/ short and widely dispersed trees existing in different parts of Central District of Delta State which marveled even earlier European explorers to the region.

I'm not referring to a grassland. I'm referring to a desert because the report referred to it. DESERT!
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by Kirigidi(m): 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2017
amiablesystems:

i thot i was only the one thinking along this line o... Ethiope.
For your information "ETHIOPE" means "blackish waters", so named after the brownish colour of the great river.
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 10, 2017
Kirigidi:

For your information "ETHIOPE" means "blackish waters", so named after the brownish colour of the great river.

thanks for educating me my brother, I have been searching for it for a while. No be my fault. Many thanks brother
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by buchilino(m): 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2017
Smallville10:
Talk is not enough, its ur state so start preparing ur selves too in d way u can

I DON'T PITY DELTANS ESPECIALLY D MINORITY IGBOS ACROSS D NIGER. WEN FOUGHT N CHASED D HAUSAS OUT OF ONITSHA, DEY CALLED DIFFERENT NAMES. NOW D SAME PPLE DEY WARMLY WELCOMED R NOW KILLING DEM. IT'S A CASE DEJA VOUE.
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by Drabrah(m): 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2017
The world is way beyond these "hearsays". Get a pix (or video preferably) of d activities & release to d social media. Twil circulate in a jiffy & twil be obvious to d whole world.
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by k9ine(m): 5:53pm On Mar 10, 2017
Dr Ifeanyi Okowa, Governor of Delta State act now!
Ban cattle grazing now you still have the time. Dangerously armed Fulani invaders masquerading as herdsmen are gaing ground in the state and you choose to take no action.
Recently they killed policemen in Ughelli, or are you waiting for them to attack your convoy or hometown first before you act.
Take a cue from Gov. Fayose. Please act now, there is something these folks are brewing nationwide and it's not going to be palatable to their host.
Ban cattle grazing now, then initiate a bill to criminalize it.
The time to act is now.
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by supremez74: 6:01pm On Mar 10, 2017
Kingspin:
Some thing fishy yet to unfold and well coordinated is happening in Southern part of Nigeria lead by top government officials and agencies. Whether you like it or not. What is over 2000 herdsmen doing inside a forest and supported by helicopter? I recall the same air support was use to supply logistics to Boko Haram during the peak of their terror.

Very true ,I had some copies of that jos and borno pictures and reports from indigenous people during that 2009/2010
Uprising. Where military and security agencies were sending supplies to these people.
Somebody should mark my words these are cordinated puns set in motion to tackle/distract the militants in the south.these indigenous people of the abraka environment should protect themselves, their state government should do something before it gets out of hand.
As I type my colleague haD to bring his dad and nephews to pH from there.these people are roaming around in army camouflage.
-if there was an official miltary base to be set there it would have been official on the news.
-security agencies should apprehend these people ask theme for "IDENTIFICATION OR PASSPORT "if they can't provide these send them the hell back! For crying out loud these people are not Nigerians!
-see them with weapons shoot their arms or leg (don't kill them staright) get more Intel
-I have said this before if you want your cows to graze buy a land, build a farming ranch, if your lands can't grow grass buy from the west or south(that's why they have urban and rural areas even in the U.S),this people should stop maiming innocent people in the name of grazing.
-illegal grazing should be punishable by law.
-as at January it was analyzed that nigeria has about 397 "known" illegal border routes and only 34 border points
I don't have to be a Yoruba , igbo or hausa to say what is right
Nigeria is too big a black nation to be presided by one president, too many diversity in religion, ethnicity, mindsets etc.there should be some split in power, region and resource control probably still under one president.
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by Generalyemi(m): 6:05pm On Mar 10, 2017
HumanistMike:
Is there a desert in the Niger Delta?
Is there a desert in Delta state?
Something is not right about this story.
u need help..how do u breath
Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by k9ine(m): 6:08pm On Mar 10, 2017
I can see that your ignorance is unprecedented.
So Abraka and Ethiope are now biafra land. So you don't know those are Urhobo kingdoms and are in Delta central. You have a smart phone yet cannot learn with it. What a pity.

Luvdk:
Sipping my juice grin
Ds are the pple that s2upidly changed their names n those of their communities just to please an almajiri northerners
Now almajiris are their claiming what's theirs and they're here crying
Tell me what's the meaning of Abraka, Ethiope.....or are guys from Ethiopia
I will soon change my luvly name from Amaka to Amraka grin
Ndi ara!

1 Like

Re: Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 10, 2017
Ruggedpen:

VERY WRONG IT'S GOING TO BE BLOODY IF DELTANS DECIDE TO ATTACK THEM.
they cant watch d hausas kill dem na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Election: INEC Official Absconds With 40 Result Sheets / Fashola Is A Gift To Nigeria - IBB / Latest Insurgency Attacks Not By Boko Haram –negotiator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.